AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

11 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Cleveland didn't get it done in the running game because they abandoned it. Chubb was going nuts in the second half

They needed a TD with 5 minutes left and couldn’t do it. If the Bills are down 5 in AFCC with five minutes to go, I’ll feel pretty confident. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

A blood choke can turn someone's lights off pretty fast and could explain why he had a hard time standing up, but if that was it then he should have been able to play again very soon after. Anyway, if it's some sort of neck injury I think it will hinder him a bit in the next game. Just having a stiff neck has hindered me in many different kinds of sports, and that was from sleeping weird, not having some athletic behemoth pulling on your head.

Optics may be an issue.  I can't remember who it was, but a few years ago a quarterback was visibly dazed and was sent back in.  The coach claimed he didn't see it, and there was a huge uproar.  I think it even prompted the NFL to use spotters to buzz down and have a guy taken out if he looks like that.  Even if he passed all the preliminary tests, they may have...given what they saw on tape...decided he needed more testing...and rightly so.

• Like (+1) 1

Extended weather forecast high of 50 low of 29 high humidity winds 10 MPH.

Hold on to that ball boys...

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Word is that it's a pinched nerve.

If I'm the Bills, I am preparing as if Mahomes is in there.

and where do you read about this word? Link?

15 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

A blood choke can turn someone's lights off pretty fast and could explain why he had a hard time standing up, but if that was it then he should have been able to play again very soon after. Anyway, if it's some sort of neck injury I think it will hinder him a bit in the next game. Just having a stiff neck has hindered me in many different kinds of sports, and that was from sleeping weird, not having some athletic behemoth pulling on your head.

My wife found this video of a physiatrist explaining the classic concussion symptoms Pat displayed. Like, primitive reflexes, literally lizard-brain sh*t. Cool, but obviously also scary. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

so why they still calling it a concussion though? this is what I don't understand

7 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

If he didn't hit his head then what body part bounced off the turf in this clip? Are we not calling that his head anymore?

It didn't hit the turf at all. More like bottom of face mask hit his hand/ball but not with crazy force.

Watch the 3rd replay in the video.  

Edited by CaliBills
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

The head doesn't need to hit the turf to have a concussion.  There's a recent video that explains this 

I didn't say it needed to but was responding to the poster about the head hitting the turf, when it didn't. that is all.

Thanks for playing :)

Edited by CaliBills
  • Like (+1) 1

I was hoping yesterday would go differently.  The Browns had such a real chance of pulling that off - but way too many mistakes.  If I'm a Browns fan, that game is full of plays that would leave me w/ a "what if...." for years.

And then the specter of Sir Thomas Brady, once again looming in wait for the Bills if we do advance.  I'm in an odd position of rooting for a better team to win that game just so we don't have to hear all of the narratives and watch giddy Pats fans who think they "win" if Brady beats us.

• Like (+1) 4

This is getting silly.

Mahomes 100% suffered a significant concussion. He has a friggin fencing response after the hit with his left leg and arm extended. His head clearly contacts the ground and just because it doesn’t look like a mighty hit doesn’t mean his brain didn’t bounce off the inside of his skull.

He did not lose blood flow to his head. Even if the defender’s arm is applying enough pressure to the neck to occlude the carotid, which is highly doubtful given it’s also on his shoulder pad, there’s a reason we have TWO carotid arteries and they communicate at the brain stem level so one side can supply blood flow to the other.  Go ahead and press on one side of your neck. If you pass out go see a doctor quick.

I have no doubt Mahomes will play. All this talk about “pinched nerve” or “loss of blood flow” is a smokescreen to the fact that they are going to push him through the concussion protocol whether or not he is ready. 

The only reason I’d spend some time preparing for Henne is because if Mahomes takes another shot to the dome he’s going to be out quick and for a much longer period of time. For his health I hope they sit him but they won’t and that second concussion that comes soon after the first is the one that does the most damage.

For the record I’d love to play Mahomes at 100% health because you have to beat the best to be the best.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

It's pretty clear that it was a concussion.  He may have recovered quickly and can convince himself or his coaches / doctors / media that he's fine (and hopefully he is fine) but that man had scrambled brains immediately following that hit.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I'll be interested to see if Milano shows up on the injury report tomorrow. Look at about 50 seconds - he looks a little unsteady on his feet after a hit to the head, maybe a concussion?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, cv05 said:

I'll be interested to see if Milano shows up on the injury report tomorrow. Look at about 50 seconds - he looks a little unsteady on his feet after a hit to the head, maybe a concussion?

Hmm questionable... I think just moving back too quickly trying to get up and momentum made it look awkward. But good eye there!

• Like (+1) 1