AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

What happened to Singletary?  

I don't recall any injury 

Agree, Yolo posted he saw bills reporters tweet something near end of game...but I haven't seen the tweets or anything official from the team

16 minutes ago, billsherd said:

So Motor is injured, I totally missed it. How did injury look? Hope he plays with Moss out too.

Source?

3 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Yikes has pretty much been the narrative for the Bills running game this year. Did we even have a 100 yard rusher in any game during the regular season?  Hell at this point, bring back Meatball on short yardage situations

The Bills have an elite passing offense for the first time in over a quarter century, have won fifteen games , haven’t lost since October save for a crazy Hail Mary and fans are worried about the running game ? Cleveland’s running game didn’t get it done, even with Mahomes out. The Bills haven’t needed a ground game, and don’t bother with it too often. So what? This is the modern NFL and the Bills with Dabolls playcalling / design are in the title game this Sunday. I’ll trust in this coaching staff to have a winning game plan. It’s their toughest matchup of the year ( thanks Browns, lol) for sure, but fretting over the ground attack is something I’m glad to forget as a Bills fan. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Unfortunately, they will need to spend time preparing both QBs

Agree to an extent.  This works both ways, Chiefs will need to also plan for Mahomes-less offense.  Especially with concussion protocol, it isn't like the chiefs can secretly predict how quickly he progresses.  They may know 1 practice in advance of us, tops.

I'm sure we will have a Henne strategy ready to roll out, if needed

Fully expecting Mahomes to play. I’m praying for these next two games the Bills play their best on offense, defense and special teams. If they win the whole damn thing they’ll will have beaten Rivers, Jackson, Mahomes and Rodgers/Brady!

Hopeful Beasley and the running game can contribute this week.

LETS GO BUFFALO!

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I disagree with all our fans on Beasley.

He wasn’t targeted outside of Allen’s one wide throw towards the sideline, so what replays were you seeing of him limping around?

Beasley said himself that he felt much better going into this game than the Colts game.

Davis was 100% going into the game and got landed on during his attempt at the TD in the end zone. Looked like he had a Charlie horse the rest of the game. He’ll be out there Sunday.

Yeah agreed, I think Beasley's knee was feeling better, not 100% but better than the Indy game. The problem was Marlon Humphrey is one of the best corners in the NFL and has been playing mostly in the slot since Tavon Young went down injured. It was funny that a lot of the national guys were hyping a Diggs vs Humphrey match up, but that rarely happened.

Humphrey (with some occasional help) took Beasley away and I think a big part of Baltimore's strategy was shutting him down and forcing us to go elsewhere on third downs. The Bills did an ok job adapting, but that's as good of a game plan that I've seen to stop our offense. We wound up with less than 20 first downs and 250 yards for the first time in a long time, maybe all season. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Yea, i'm from NY but have lived down south for 10 years now.  The Mercedes-Benz Stadium is awesome.  Josh Allen would shatter records playing in a place like that. 

That said - I completely understand the sentiment you have.  No Lambeau, no Brady snow games in Foxboro...like it or not, that stuff is legend.  

If we were a ground and pound team, I might even have a different outlook.. but we are a high flying pass heavy team and spending every home game watching wind forecasts is becoming incredibly frustrating.  

That said, with McDermott being a defensive beast of a HC, if Allen learns to throw in the wind... well then, MASSIVE home field advantage.

This is where I'm at too...Josh clearly loves playing indoors and our current offense is better set up for a dome environment, but I don't want to lose the outside atmosphere of Bills Stadium either. It's fun to see teams like Miami have to come play in the snow sometimes and our crowd is more fun outdoors rather than inside where it can feel a lot more corporate (although I have no doubt that Bills fans could make any stadium loud and fun). 

I'm in no rush for a new stadium and it's the most expensive option, but maybe a retractable roof is the way to go when the time comes and if the owners pony up a lot of the dough. Would be nice to have the decision to go either way. If it were me based on our current team, I would only close the roof if it was windy and open it the rest of the time. 

That's a long way off I think so in the meantime, it might not be crazy to draft a Travis Etienne or Najee Harris in the 2nd round or Javian Hawkins from Louisville in the third. I'm not usually a proponent of ever spending high draft picks or cap space on RBs, but this team is a contender now and a true difference maker who brings a different skill set (elite speed would be ideal) could do wonders for our ground game as Singletary and Moss are average athletically and a bit too alike. If we can get a better ground game going with a better RB and maybe an upgrade at one of the Guard spots, the whole weather conversation doesn't have to affect us so much. 

19 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

What happened to Singletary?  

I don't recall any injury 

I think something had to happen for Yeldon to finish off the game. I thought it was odd he was brought in to play at that time after sitting whole game

15 minutes ago, Process said:

I really don’t buy that it was a “tweaked nerve”.  Not a doctor,  but pretty sure a pinched nerve doesn’t result in not being able stand up or walk straight. Watching the replay his forehead clearly gets driven into the ground.  Doesn’t always need to be helmet to helmet to be a concussion.

I hope Mahomes plays because I want to see Allen v Mahomes on the biggest stage,  but it’s funny how KC and its media trying to portray this as non concussion related injury when it clearly is.

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That is good news but they better be very careful with that neck injury 

This is the cover story!  I'm serious.  They are saying he HAS A CONCUSSION.  But then they are saying he doesn't have a concussion b/c he just tweeked a nerve and it made him dizzy for a moment.  It can't be both.  

If it was a nerve/loss of O2 for a moment, he wouldn't be in CONCUSSION protocol.  He would have just sat out the game b/c he was dizzy for a while.  

Keep in mind Mahomes moving through one or more of the early phases of the protocol doesn't mean he will play on Sunday.  

And then there's this from the Athletic:

"According to The Athletic, the median time for the 29 quarterbacks who suffered a concussion between 2015-2019 to return was seven days. But that's just the central length among the sampling of 29, which includes both longer and shorter absences."

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Bills have an elite passing offense for the first time in over a quarter century, have won fifteen games , haven’t lost since October save for a crazy Hail Mary and fans are worried about the running game ? Cleveland’s running game didn’t get it done, even with Mahomes out. The Bills haven’t needed a ground game, and don’t bother with it too often. So what? This is the modern NFL and the Bills with Dabolls playcalling / design are in the title game this Sunday. I’ll trust in this coaching staff to have a winning game plan. It’s their toughest matchup of the year ( thanks Browns, lol) for sure, but fretting over the ground attack is something I’m glad to forget as a Bills fan. 

Cleveland didn't get it done in the running game because they abandoned it. Chubb was going nuts in the second half

• Like (+1) 1

A blood choke can turn someone's lights off pretty fast and could explain why he had a hard time standing up, but if that was it then he should have been able to play again very soon after. Anyway, if it's some sort of neck injury I think it will hinder him a bit in the next game. Just having a stiff neck has hindered me in many different kinds of sports, and that was from sleeping weird, not having some athletic behemoth pulling on your head.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3