AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

1 hour ago, streetkings01 said:

I’m pretty sure it’s been posted a ton in this thread , but stay away from chiefsplanet.....over there the Chiefs are the NFL and the other 31 teams are around just to be the Chiefs punching bag sheesh

”if Mahommes plays we win, if Henne plays it’s a coin flip”

Cocky bunch of guys over there for winning one Super Bowl......you’d think they’ve won the last 4 or something.

We’ve played 2 good running teams back to back and done a good job against the run in both games. Outside of 2 runs in the Colts game we held them to 3 yards a carry. We held Baltimore to 3 points. I think we give the Chiefs all they can handle and get out of Arrowhead with the W.

Partly true. I think we dominated the Ravens run game because there was no viable pass threat due to the weather and Lamar. The Chiefs are completely different and require a vastly differ game plan. Not sure what that is? Additionally, the Colts dominated us on both sides of the ball. They had a duel run pass attack and threat. We were very fortunate to win. However, good teams find ways to win. I'm enjoying the ride hoping for the best and expecting the Bills might fall a little short. This KC team has dynasty written all over it. Go Bills!

23 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Chiefs scored 19 points in the first half and Mahommes had 253 passing yards. If Mahommes finishes the game they score 40 points.

I feel the same way. This game would not have been close with Mahomes aboard. He is virtually unstoppable. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

The Browns didn’t too that bad, they were mostly able to hold the Chiefs to FGs and keep them within striking distance. The main problem for the Browns was that they got away from their running game and didn’t get back to it until the second half. The defense was not the problem for the Browns today, and Buffalo would do well to have a similar plan.

Browns did great.  Turned out to be a very winnable game for them despite their mistakes.   Early drops by Chubb was rough and the Higgins play turned out to be huge.   Should have been 16-6 going into half time at a minimum if that helmet to helmet contact was called. 

46 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Got it.  You’re the streetkings OG.  What’s that make the other streetkings?  Are there more than 2?

Lol......I get it now.....went over my head duh.

streetkings is actually the name of my hip hop group back in my late teens.......7 man group......we wanted to be the next Wu-Tang clan, but egos kicked in and we split but I kept the name.

We actually did a song that featured Styles P., Kool-G Rap and Tragedy. 

Edited by streetkings01
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Lol......I get it now.....went over my head duh.

streetkings is actually the name of my hip hop group back in my late teens.......7 man group......we wanted to be the next Wu-Tang clan, but egos kicked in and we split but I kept the name.

We actually did a song that featured Styles P., Kool-G Rap and Tragedy. 

Kool g rap is legend imo.  Some ill street blues. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Man, the weather in Kansas City.  The following days are either mostly or partly sunny. Then when it's Sunday it's sleet, rainy, snowy and lousy weather with 7mph wind. I hope by gametime it clears up.

Yeah, you know, because 7 days forecasts into the future are usually pretty accurate.

(sarcasm off)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Man, the weather in Kansas City.  The following days are either mostly or partly sunny. Then when it's Sunday it's sleet, rainy, snowy and lousy weather with 7mph wind. I hope by gametime it clears up.

Missouri is like WNY in that there is absolutely no way you can predict the weather 7 days out.

I see some comments from Chiefs' fans about how their defense handled Allen earlier this year.

A lot of us have speculated that up to the back-to-back Titans then Chiefs games we lost Allen faced primarily cover-0 or cover-1 blitz defenses. It was "the book" on Allen - he could not hit his receivers in man coverage and you could pressure him into mistakes. Allen was tearing those up till the Titans came out with an unfamiliar split safety quarters zone defense and KC copied that...Allen had to learn and adjust.

Not sure if posted elsewhere, but Allen talks about that at the 4:44 mark with Chris Simms.

Edited by WideNine

1 vs 2 and you know Mahomes is playing. Dude was tweeting after the game. Expect him to be doing non football work their first day of practice on Wednesday and to be cleared by Friday. We want to be the best let’s go beat them in their house. I don’t fear them. They don’t scare me. They should be scared of us. We won’t wilt under pressure. 

PS:  Sammy Watkins has officially spent more games in street clothes then he has with either KC or the Bills...

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Partly true. I think we dominated the Ravens run game because there was no viable pass threat due to the weather and Lamar. The Chiefs are completely different and require a vastly differ game plan. Not sure what that is? Additionally, the Colts dominated us on both sides of the ball. They had a duel run pass attack and threat. We were very fortunate to win. However, good teams find ways to win. I'm enjoying the ride hoping for the best and expecting the Bills might fall a little short. This KC team has dynasty written all over it. Go Bills!

I feel the same way. This game would not have been close with Mahomes aboard. He is virtually unstoppable. 

McD  Frazier and the D seem so locked in and playing at a very high level. 

Chiefs don't scare me.

Packers do

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I see some comments from Chiefs' fans about how their defense handled Allen earlier this year.

And without Milano and playing overall not good, we were in the game 13-10 at halftime.   

They come out at halftime, run a 13 play 87 yard drive in 8 minutes bc run D couldn't stop a nose bleed.  That pretty much demoralized us yet we still got to 23-17.....still couldn't stop their ground game.  

By no means will this be easy.  But I like our chances. 

Miami picked off Mahomes 3 times.  Make them throw 40 times against our Secondary.  I like that group's chances vs any air attack even Mahomes.  And I think our front can get to him. 

But we absolutely cannot let them run on us.  At all.  Their run game has stunk most of the season and CEH has a high ankle sprain.  Who knows how ready he'll be.  

If we score 30, we will win.  If you take out the Hail Murray play we allowed 30 points only 3 times this year, vs Seattle the Rams and Tennessee when everyone was hurt.  

30 points.  Dial it up Daboll.  

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

McD  Frazier and the D seem so locked in and playing at a very high level. 

Chiefs don't scare me.

Packers do

Being scared has nothing to do with it. It's about talent and execution mixed in with a little luck. Imho, both of those teams are better than us. Also, they have proven track records which brought home super rings and the Lombardi Trophy. Our chances seem slim but nevertheless there is hope. Stranger and bigger upsets have happened. Go Bills!

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

And without Milano and playing overall not good, we were in the game 13-10 at halftime.   

They come out at halftime, run a 13 play 87 yard drive in 8 minutes bc run D couldn't stop a nose bleed.  That pretty much demoralized us yet we still got to 23-17.....still couldn't stop their ground game.  

By no means will this be easy.  But I like our chances. 

Miami picked off Mahomes 3 times.  Make them throw 40 times against our Secondary.  I like that group's chances vs any air attack even Mahomes.  And I think our front can get to him. 

But we absolutely cannot let them run on us.  At all.  Their run game has stunk most of the season and CEH has a high ankle sprain.  Who knows how ready he'll be.  

If we score 30, we will win.  If you take out the Hail Murray play we allowed 30 points only 3 times this year, vs Seattle the Rams and Tennessee when everyone was hurt.  

30 points.  Dial it up Daboll.  

It's really hard to predict how many points it will take. Too many unknown variables. Imho, the key to us winning is not giving up the big plays and playing solid red zone defense. Which happens to be one of our strengths. The Chiefs will score and make some big plays. However, we need to force them to field goals not tds. I'm really not overly focused on stopping their run game. The Chiefs can and will attack you on all levels. Their offense is just that dynamic and talented.

Secondly, is protecting Allen. Last game the Chiefs harassed Allen all game. I'd say it was one of his worse games of the season. Along that line, the Bills have to be semi successful running. This will keep the Chiefs from teeing off on Allen. 

Thirdly, I think the turnover battle will be key. If we turnover over the ball we have little chance of winning.

Fourth, win the 3rd down battle. Seems like we have been giving up some big 3rd and long plays. Nothing deflates a team more than this. Obviously, executing 3rd downs bold well to winning.

Lastly, it's about how the Bills play and attack the game plan. We can't play conservative or scared. Play smart but not passive. Game 6 vs the Chiefs was playing scared. Go down or win playing to win! 

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

I poked around the Chiefs message board. I don't post, I just read. Wow. They are pretty toxic. Surprisingly so.

I'm really hoping Mahomes is back and any other player they have who is hurt. And then I hope the Bills crush them. Because those fans deserve the humiliation.

But realistically, the Chiefs should be favored if Mahomes is back. But to think that the Bills have no shot to win is just foolish.

50 minutes ago, MJS said:

I poked around the Chiefs message board. I don't post, I just read. Wow. They are pretty toxic. Surprisingly so.

I'm really hoping Mahomes is back and any other player they have who is hurt. And then I hope the Bills crush them. Because those fans deserve the humiliation.

But realistically, the Chiefs should be favored if Mahomes is back. But to think that the Bills have no shot to win is just foolish.

That place is like 10% football talk, 40% saying the chiefs are unbeatable, and 50% personal insults.

• Haha (+1) 4

4 hours ago, bobobonators said:

I think thats the key as well. I personally would not want to blitz Mahomes; instead drop as many back into coverage as possible. Earlier in the year i heard a stat Mahomes had vs the blitz and it was silly. Make the chiefs earn it by having long drives. 

I think you have to blitz since he’s injured just so he keeps getting hit. He’s got foot and head problems that need to  be exploited. 

I’m not saying be dirty about it, but make him as uncomfortable as possible since he probably won’t be scrambling (he shouldn’t be Atleast). Maybe he will make more mistakes 

I find myself just staring at this schedule and the cold, hard facts it displays.😲

For all the team records and new League standards we’ve set -and they are bountiful!, having now tied the most wins at 15 is the most remarkable for me. The fantastic ‘64 team was 13-2 including the title game. Twice during the Levy era, we were 15-4 including playoff games & SBs. With 2 more games possible, this impressive mark of excellence will fall with just 1 more win.

LOOK AT ALL THE GREEN!!

1C8EB356-AC81-4DC7-BF50-BB75DF4F581F.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1