AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

6 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

I’m pretty sure it’s been posted a ton in this thread , but stay away from chiefsplanet.....over there the Chiefs are the NFL and the other 31 teams are around just to be the Chiefs punching bag sheesh

”if Mahommes plays we win, if Henne plays it’s a coin flip”

Cocky bunch of guys over there for winning one Super Bowl......you’d think they’ve won the last 4 or something.

We’ve played 2 good running teams back to back and done a good job against the run in both games. Outside of 2 runs in the Colts game we held them to 3 yards a carry. We held Baltimore to 3 points. I think we give the Chiefs all they can handle and get out of Arrowhead with the W.

great point about Indy.  They actually resemble a “poor mans” KC offense I think.  

I like our chances.  Then Brady retires after we beat Tampa in the SB!

Edited by RyanC883

Bend but don’t break from the defense will be key. Let them have their yards, but force some FG’s when they get into the redzone.......that’s the key to beating the Chiefs Sunday.

Offense needs to take advantage of its possessions and score points like it’s been doing all season. Don’t be fooled by the Ravens game, we played a good defense with some serious wind that hampered our passing attack. I think the offense plays well Sunday. 

If the defense plays bend but don’t break......I think(hoping) we punch our ticket to the Super Bowl!

• Like (+1) 3

I think thats the key as well. I personally would not want to blitz Mahomes; instead drop as many back into coverage as possible. Earlier in the year i heard a stat Mahomes had vs the blitz and it was silly. Make the chiefs earn it by having long drives. 

We need to be near perfect in the redzone. We cant settle for FGs. 

None of this is rocket science. Im so excited for this game. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I couldn’t believe when they showed the man of the year nominees on the broadcast.  Myles “helmet smash” Garrett and Travis “24/7/365 douche” Kelce?  Really?  I’m sure both teams can do better.  Hunt, Hill, Baker and Landry are also reprobates but I’m sure both teams have some really great dudes.

No; they don’t. That’s an indictment on the character of those rosters. 

You play Mahoney just like Jackson, and when he under throws Hill you pick him off. When they complete a pass you make them pay for it. That’s how you beat them.

The Browns didn’t too that bad, they were mostly able to hold the Chiefs to FGs and keep them within striking distance. The main problem for the Browns was that they got away from their running game and didn’t get back to it until the second half. The defense was not the problem for the Browns today, and Buffalo would do well to have a similar plan.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Ahhh, a Hamden reference! Surprising with the low post count that you would remember the “ Chroise” but impressive nonetheless . Great job! 

I've been around for crayonz, nevergiveup, the simulation football league, Steve stojan, peter pan etc. I got off the wall as a poster for a while and then couldn't remember the email I used for my old name. 

I will say this. Our defense in these prime time games has shown up. Josh Allen as well. I’m not optimistic about the weather but...a healthy Mahomes or no, I feel good about our chances. I went into the Chiefs and Browns game hoping the Chiefs would win. I felt like we would struggle more with the Browns because of their run game/play action. Also I just feel like against the Chiefs the expectations of the Bills winning would be lower so maybe our team would play more stress free. Like playing with house money. 

After watching the Chiefs this afternoon it solidifies my thinking. We have a real shot here. Not just a fighters chance. Like I feel it’s a coin flip on who wins. Just assuming the Chiefs are the better team is such the national media cop out of people who haven’t been watching the Bills play this season. 

I think my biggest concern this week is if Singletary is healthy. Not Mahomes concussion. I think we can beat them with Mahomes. I truly do. This is going to be a fun week leading into this game. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Rubes said:

The Browns didn’t too that bad, they were mostly able to hold the Chiefs to FGs and keep them within striking distance. The main problem for the Browns was that they got away from their running game and didn’t get back to it until the second half. The defense was not the problem for the Browns today, and Buffalo would do well to have a similar plan.

Chiefs scored 19 points in the first half and Mahommes had 253 passing yards. If Mahommes finishes the game they score 40 points.

Edited by streetkings01
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

1st thing that needs to be addressed here....The Chiefs defense is good.  This isn't the 2018 Chiefs D...it was good last year...it's good this year.  Ranked top 3 VS the pass, and if you minus out the week 17 game where we played all backups...KC was 6th best in total points....furthermore..KC LED THE LEAUGE in fewest receptions allowed to WR's.  

Tyrann Mathieu is every bit as good as you've ever heard or thought he was....and we have a kids playing CB named L'Jarious Sneed who does everything...he's the best CB you've never heard of...go look him up.  Baker had 200 yards passing today.  KC didn't get torn up by their run game either.  It was a good performance.

Also...I saw some talk here that Bashaud Breeland, one of our CB, was out during the game and went to concussion protocol....true...but again...go look at rankigns...ALL our CB are good.  Fenton was out today with an ankle..he'll be back next week.

CEH will be back.

Now, as far as Mahomes...what you might not have noticed was he RAN to the locker room on his own after leaving the feield...he didn't take a hit..but he was jerked by teh neck and kind of choked.  I'm not saying he wasn't concussed, but he came around pretty quick.  I expect him back.

Buffalo is a good team and belongs in the AFCCG...I am looking forward to it.  

As far as the Chiefs fan base....Internet Chiefs fans are.......pretty crappy.  As I said, I don't do Chiefs Planet...I am in some facebook groups...but 80% of the poeple on there....not the sharpest.

There is a major divide...seems like we have about 20% of our fans...who are super knowledgable and very gracious and would invite any bills fan to a tailgate and have beers....and then there are the internet fans.....75% of the fans you'd encounter at a Chiefs game at arrowhead would be good....the others are camaroheads....and they are ridiculed and denouced by the rest of us.  It is what it is.

I can't wait for this game....I of course want KC to win...but I can't express how pleased I am that after the trade, and then you guys getting Allen...how it's all worked out and now here in 2021 we are the top 2 teams left standing in the AFC....who would have thunk it?  Good luck this Sunday.....but GOOOOO CHIEFFFS!

What an outstanding post. It was filled with great insight and fantastic opinions. It was a pleasure to see such a well thought out post. Can I pick your brain a little? I thought your secondary was exploitable? Is it fair to say your pass rush is very good and that's what helps out the secondary? In week 6, Allen was under duress the whole game. Today, Baker was running for his life. It's the pass rush that scares me most. Also, can you guys be beat on the run? The Browns looked decent but they have an elite RB core. I think we need to just run enough to curtail the pass rush. What is your defensive weakness? How do the Bills stop Tyreke and Kelce? What have other teams tried to do? Is Mahomes human? Lol....

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Look at this knob cheese  comment from Chiefs Planet

Diggs, Beasley, Brown, Davis, Knox, McKenzie..

They can keep pace and better

Their pass rush smothered Allen all game. I think Allen and our offense is better but it's still a huge concern.

25 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

The bad news is that the bills will have to prep for 2 QBs

The good news is that mahomes would have to be an absolute idiot to run outside the pocket this sunday

Considering his concussion and toe injury I doubt Andy calls many designed runs.

• Agree 1