AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

I’m hoping for an instant classic.

An absolute shootout where Allen and Mahomes both throw four TDs and Diggs and Hill go off.

Chiefs score late to take the lead, but Butker misses the extra point. Bills ho down the field in a two minute drill and Allen throws the game winner to Diggs with 7 seconds left. 35-34 Bills.

yeah Id like to see Hill go off too, as in a temper tantrum Im so frustrated at my ineptness kind of way just sayin.....;-p

• Haha (+1) 2

Haven't seen it mentioned here yet, but Harrison Phillips has really re-emerged as a strong contributor again especially vs the run game. ACL injuries are usually a one year recovery, but can take up to two years to get back to 100% for the more physical positions like DT. Thought he held up well and played a strong game against the Ravens. 

Josh's health and the defense are night and day compared to when we played KC earlier this season. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 2

48 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

They had a good gameplan vs Chiefs even with the rushing yards... was a one score game in the 4th and our offense played very poorly.  They’ll tweak that plan a bit , but just like last night vs BAL it will be similar. It’s sound strategy to refuse to get beat over the top. Might not look great on the stat sheet, but only the W matters. 

Their star RB being out helps as well. 

9 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Kc pass defense is exploitable, and kc offense hasn't looked like the unstoppable td machine in weeks. Biggest concern is Andy Reid, the guy consistently shows why he's an elite coach every week. He will have a plan for Josh.

He  will,  but McD knows Andy Reid as well as anyone. He’s done pretty well preparing for him as Bills HC. I think he’s 1-1 vs Reid so far. The game plan in October was sound, the execution was off but the Bills were very different at that time. We won’t get schooled. Besides, Reid is an offensive coach. I’m sure they’ll have a good plan too, but plays are going to be made in this matchup. I don’t see a defensive struggle a la Ravens. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Imagine playing one game against the browns and going to the AFC Championship game. 

That 1 seed is a hell of a thing.

It is, and I would have preferred a bye being awarded to the #2 seed as in the past. However, the seeding still resulted in a matchup of the top two seeds in the AFC. Would have been nice playing just one game to get to the ‘ship though. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

It is, and I would have preferred a bye being awarded to the #2 seed as in the past. However, the seeding still resulted in a matchup of the top two seeds in the AFC. Would have been nice playing just one game to get to the ‘ship though. 

For a different perspective, I think playing these two games has been tremendous experience for this young team. It’s taught these guys how to win the playoffs. I think it will pay dividends next week. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The irony here is if Mahomes is cleared to play, the roles will be switched from the first game. Allen wasn’t 100% in week 6 plus we had some injuries on defense. Now Mahomes is banged up and they’re possibly down a corner. Question is will we tackle better this time around?

• Like (+1) 3

Cant wait. Hope Mahomes plays, we can beat em with their guy.

Bills offense has been a bit disjointed this post season.  I think they get untracked in KC and play a very good game.

McDermott is low key great when he has the revenge factor in games.  The last couple weeks i noted how he owed a spanking to Indy and Baltimore from earlier bad losses in his Bills career.  Now he owes KC from this season.  McRevenge.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

The irony here is if Mahomes is cleared to play, the roles will be switched from the first game. Allen wasn’t 100% in week 6 plus we had some injuries on defense. Now Mahomes is banged up and they’re possibly down a corner. Question is will we tackle better this time around?

The key question is will Allen and the offense perform closer to their late season form. I’d guess that they will.