Mahomes concussion updates

35 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I'm shocked so many people have crystal balls.. HOURS after a concussion new side effects can set in... hours.. There's reasons why there are check lists.. and its lengthy to check back with a DR. if a condition starts or continues. 

It could go either way and you can't put a % on it

I got whacked on head once and it wasn't until the next day that I had symptoms. You know how the bed starts spinning after a wicked night of drinking? I had that for three days. Was not fun!

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Bongo said:

This is what is strange to me. His head never actually hit. Can’t figure how he got that concussed.

When his head went in one direction..., his brain slammed into the inside of his skull, you don’t need a direct head to helmet/ground hit to be concussed.

• Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I'm shocked so many people have crystal balls.. HOURS after a concussion new side effects can set in... hours.. There's reasons why there are check lists.. and its lengthy to check back with a DR. if a condition starts or continues. 

It could go either way and you can't put a % on it

Mine are brass...

But my wife usually keeps them in her purse.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

10 days, actually.

Where are you reading 10 days?

Sports medicine researchers at Henry Ford evaluated data from the 2012-2015 seasons and found that players who sustained a concussion returned to play on average 19 days later. That’s the equivalent of missing about 1 ½ games.

Folks are googling the issue and finding this article with the 19 day number.

Is the 10 day number from a newer or more comprehensive study?

https://www.newswise.com/articles/return-to-play-after-a-concussion-is-19-days

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

When his head went in one direction..., his brain slammed into the inside of his skull, you don’t need a direct head to helmet/ground hit to be concussed.

True. I understand concussions. Just didn’t see the suddenness to cause the slam. That said, unless he’s a great actor, he looked out of it. Just seemed a very benign tackle. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I got whacked on head once and it wasn't until the next day that I had symptoms. You know how the bed starts spinning after a wicked night of drinking? I had that for three days. Was not fun!

Sometimes if the bed spins hit you just right when drinking they were fun.  This was rare but fun.

38 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Mods is there a way to neg someone on the site nowadays

What a ***** post

I blocked this guy months ago.  His PPP takes and posts were the worst on that side and that is saying something.

• Like (+1) 2