Mahomes concussion updates

Mahomes suffered a head cranial concussion Grade 1 on November 1, 2014.

He suffered another Grade 1 concussion in the game today.

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/patrick-mahomes/7746

We do know the more you get, the more easily you can get them and the greater the likelihood of getting another as well.

11 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Concussions are really weird and everybody reacts differently. I had a goalie in my hockey league years ago who took a puck off his old school 80s cage and was stunned for a minute in the game He played the rest of it and seemed fine after when we all had a beer. Later he developed a headache and puked and was taken to the doctor by his wife. Diagnosed with a concussion. He missed two weeks of work and never played hockey again. I really hope for Mahomes sake that his doctors do the right thing or he could have some permanent damage for life.

Yeh they are... I have CT'd a number people with obvious concussions... basically a brain bruise... it shows up lighter grey on CT in area of trauma... to the extent of the bruise and how quickly it heals is another issue and probably depends on severity... in addition his neck got twisted and whiplash I saw someone post earlier can be an issue as well and though probably would stop him from playing, it could throw off his mechanics.  I have had both a neither are fun.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

I hate seeing injuries and feel bad for Mahomes, who seems to be a class act.  That said, his eyes said his brain was somewhere else.  The average time for players to return from concussions is 19 days.  Prepare for Mahomes but it is unlikely he will be cleared to play.

I agree, his eyes were just all over the place and he was carried off the field. His eggs are definitely scrambled, I would be preparing for Chad. I guess you really don’t need to prepare for Chad Henne.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

And?  

care to wager on who has the longer Mahomes concussion thread?  I got 100 on TBD

What's your point?  Folks were pissing on the KC fanbase and I just thought I'd point out its one of the strongest in the country.

Don't be such a little person.

56 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Mahomes' status hanging in the balance is a big advantage for the Chiefs. Bills players will be hoping all week he won't play, and then he'll probably be cleared late in the week. This will be a psychological hurdle and a challenge for the coaching staff. My advice is to prepare exclusively for Mahomes and tell the players HE'S PLAYING.

Trying to be nice here.  That's rather obvious I think.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

What's your point?  Folks were pissing on the KC fanbase and I just thought I'd point out its one of the strongest in the country.

Don't be such a little person.

stop taking your posts to the level of personal.. make an argument on the topics instead of mocking the person

6 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

He wanted it so bad he couldn’t be bothered to include of video from today’s game, rather he posts one from Mahomes college days. Nice work! 

I'm only going to go thru this one more time.

There was a discussion in the GDT about Mahomes concussion.  I brought up that he has had a history of it.

I posted a thread that was titled Mahomes has had a previous concussion.

My thread got merged with Yolo's thread about concussion protocols and my OP was posted first.

Anyone thinking my post was in any way in bad taste is wrong.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Hope he's fine, want to play their best. But calling a play where by design there's a 50/50 chance your best player will take a big hit might not be wise. Was glad to see a lot fewer designed runs for Josh yesterday.

Said exactly this when it was called. It was 3rd and 1. You're in control of the game. Yes, the speed option got you a TD earlier in the game, but there's no reason for it now. Run the sneak, RB can push him forward. Little risk of injury. I get that he's not built like Josh, but still just a careless play call IMO 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, entropyrules said:

I want them to play the Chiefs with Mahomes at the helm..unless of course he risks a permanent debilitating injury..beating them with Henne would leave an asterisk on the win..of course then losing to Henne would be worse

No one that matters will care after we win the next two games.

• Like (+1) 1