Mahomes concussion updates

Here's two questions I haven't seen talked about at all: 

- Is there a minimum amount of time he has to be in the protocol? as in, we won't know until at very least x day. 

- Are they mandated to publicly update his status? As in, do they have to be like, yah-he's at stage 2. Or whatever? 

• Like (+1) 1

Concussions are really weird and everybody reacts differently. I had a goalie in my hockey league years ago who took a puck off his old school 80s cage and was stunned for a minute in the game He played the rest of it and seemed fine after when we all had a beer. Later he developed a headache and puked and was taken to the doctor by his wife. Diagnosed with a concussion. He missed two weeks of work and never played hockey again. I really hope for Mahomes sake that his doctors do the right thing or he could have some permanent damage for life.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Livinginthepast said:

Concussions are really weird and everybody reacts differently. I had a goalie in my hockey league years ago who took a puck off his old school 80s cage and was stunned for a minute in the game He played the rest of it and seemed fine after when we all had a beer. Later he developed a headache and puked and was taken to the doctor by his wife. Diagnosed with a concussion. He missed two weeks of work and never played hockey again. I really hope for Mahomes sake that his doctors do the right thing or he could have some permanent damage for life.

Concur. The right thing is to sit him. Decide right now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

I hope he plays. I want to beat them when they're at full strength ---no excuses. I like our chances---Go Bills !!!

That's idiotic, though I know a bunch of other folks here will feel the way you do too.

Don't forget, we still are going to have to figure out a way to beat Rodgers or Brees in the Super Bowl! 

Any break we can catch along the way is welcome.

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Here's two questions I haven't seen talked about at all: 

- Is there a minimum amount of time he has to be in the protocol? as in, we won't know until at very least x day. 

- Are they mandated to publicly update his status? As in, do they have to be like, yah-he's at stage 2. Or whatever? 

No. There are stages but there is nothing that dictates how long you need to be in each stage. 

It is supposed to be an independent process. This will be a real test for the integrity of the process

Just now, Billsfansinceday1 said:

I hate seeing injuries and feel bad for Mahomes, who seems to be a class act.  That said, his eyes said his brain was somewhere else.  The average time for players to return from concussions is 19 days.  Prepare for Mahomes but it is unlikely he will be cleared to play.

Not too sure about that... 

• Like (+1) 1