Mahomes concussion updates

They didn't need Mahomes much last time they played us. 

Of course it'd be better for them if he did play, but I don't think him being out just means the Chiefs will suddenly be worried. 

I'm sure McDermott will prepare the team as if he's playing anyway. Hopefully Frasier has something planned to stop Kelce & that run game.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

I for one hope he plays, not because I want a Bills win to feel like it counted, but because Mahomes is a good player and I would hate to see his career affected by a serious brain injury.

seconded. There’s some gruesome posts in this thread about the guy’s health. Not cool

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

All concussions are different, and I don’t think Josh has a history of concussions...Mahomes does.  You literally can’t compare the recovery times anyway you cut it.  

I realize that. My point was just because he looked woozy immediately afterwards doesn’t mean anything. Josh was unconscious. Mahomes looked fine jogging up the tunnel (which I’m actually surprised they let him jog immediately afterwards). He may already be symptom free, he may have symptoms tomorrow, he may have symptoms for weeks irrespective of what it looked like immediately afterwards. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

I don't think him being out just means the Chiefs will suddenly be worried. 

You don't think their superstar QB being out would worry them? It's crazy to refer back to our first game. They had all those easy rush yards because we played a specific defense to counter Mahomes. We're not doing that against Chad Henne. It still won't be a gimme, just ask the Browns, but I'm pretty sure we would be favored.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

What about  practice?  You think this is going to be a normal week?

He won’t practice most of the week and might be limited on Friday. 

I don’t think being held out a few days will matter all that much. 

7 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

TRUST me .... a qualified neurologist gets paid doing private practice a heck of a lot more than being a consultant for the NFL. These folks have full time jobs outside of this. Moreover, most do it to be close to NFL and the sport not the fame or fortune.

My point about the consulting fee was in response to the poster who was insinuating they’re somehow in the league’s pocket and clearing athletes before they’re ready. I was making the point, or trying to at least, that no one was going to endanger their livelihood for that fee. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

he didn’t get hit in back of head.  Forehead smacked the ground 

He couldn’t walk and clearly didn’t know where he was. How the hell did he pass anything so soon? Andy Reid can’t be telling the truth lol

Edited by PaulieYayo
  • Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, mannc said:

I've watched this 20 times, at full speed and slow speed, and I can't for the life of me figure out how he got concussed.  Wilson didn't hit him with his helmet and it sure doesn't look like Mahomes's helmet even hit the turf...very strange.

His face mask hit the ball. 

2 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

His face mask hit the ball. 

Also you don't need to hit anything to get a concussion.  There is the accelleration/decelleration injury.  Essentially the brain is of a consistency of soft butter and it is inside a rock hard skull.  Bad things can happen without a direct hit.