Mahomes concussion updates

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

The fact that he looked almost incapable of standing up without assistance or falling over does not say “neck injury” to me. He looked more like a guy who arrived as happy hour started, and now it was closing time. He was dazed, if not confused. 

If this was week 2, he’s out almost certainly. It’s the AFC Championship and I expect him to play, just because that’s what they do......one way or another.  

Yeah, it was weird, wasn't it?  Never saw much of a blow to the head like the one Lamar took when he hit the ground.  But he looked like a boxer who just got rocked and is about to go down.  Then, a couple of minutes later he is running to the locker room and looks fine. An odd injury and odd reaction.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Bottom line is, they are paid by the NFL. And Allen vs Mahomes plays a lot better for ratings than Allen vs Henne. 

Of course they’re paid. Do you expect them to do it out of the kindness of their hearts? I’d actually be more concerned about their motivation if that was the case. They’re not putting their livelihoods on the line to rush a player back for a consulting fee. That’s crazy talk. 

3 minutes ago, transient said:

Josh was literally out on his feet from the hit, still played the next week. 

All concussions are different, and I don’t think Josh has a history of concussions...Mahomes does.  You literally can’t compare the recovery times anyway you cut it.  

Just now, transient said:

Of course they’re paid. Do you expect them to do it out of the kindness of their hearts? I’d actually be more concerned about their motivation if that was the case. They’re not putting their livelihoods on the line to rush a player back for a consulting fee. That’s crazy talk. 

Just like pain management doctors aren’t putting their license on the line for a few hundred dollars or some pain pills... it’s also crazy talk to think you know what they believe to be in their best interest. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Y’all know he’s going to play right? Not sure what there is to discuss here. 

Nobody knows anything. It's day 1 of a brain injury. He could wake up tomorrow with the worst nausea of his life after feeling fine when he went to bed. An independent neurologist has to clear him to play. It could be a 5 day injury or a 20 day injury. We won't know anything for sure until at least Wednesday.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Thank you (+1) 2

@SDS Scott, certainly not my place to tell you how to run this board, so don’t take this the wrong way, but this might be a thread you want to remove. While 90% of the posts are from human beings, the other 10% don’t make us look good. And since you run the biggest Bills message board on the planet, just thinking this might not be a good look for us. 

Just my $0.02

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Nobody knows anything. It's day 1 of a brain injury. He could wake up tomorrow with the worst nausea of his life after feeling fine when he went to bed. An independent neurologist has to clear him to play. It could be a 5 day injury or a 20 day injury. We won't know anything for sure until at least Wednesday.

exactly. Look i get the immediate curiosity on his status, but 14 pages of speculation within the first 4 hours after the injury is excessive.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

This should not be that hard.  Protect your franchise QB at all costs.  Dude got his bell seriously rung and all precautions should be taken.  Hopefully the doctors are professional and do what is right for this generational talent QB.  It's not about 1 game, it's about a career. 

Right on. Patrick’s long term health should be the only bottom line.  Ask Daryl Talley.  What an awesome player he was in a different era of protocols 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Patrick Mahomes II

@PatrickMahomes

·

1h

All good brother!

Quote Tweet

Mack Wilson

@5mackwilson1

· 1h

Prayers to @PatrickMahomes . I pray you back next week! Go be great like you have been!

He just tweeted its all good,  he is playing

until he pukes tonight.. Just saying ...hope hes ok though.. I still think we win

5 minutes ago, transient said:

TRUST me .... a qualified neurologist gets paid doing private practice a heck of a lot more than being a consultant for the NFL. These folks have full time jobs outside of this. Moreover, most do it to be close to NFL and the sport not the fame or fortune.

Edited by aceman_16

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

@SDS Scott, certainly not my place to tell you how to run this board, so don’t take this the wrong way, but this might be a thread you want to remove. While 90% of the posts are from human beings, the other 10% don’t make us look good. And since you run the biggest Bills message board on the planet, just thinking this might not be a good look for us. 

Just my $0.02

Couldn’t agree more.

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

Just my $0.02

It was one guy.

And fwiw, I kind of think you won't be seeing him around these parts anymore.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 7

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

no one 5 years from now is going to say “but they didn’t really win the super bowl because the Chiefs had Chad Henne”. 

Yes, they are, but so what?  SB is the goal and you play who's in front of you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1