Mahomes concussion updates

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

EDIT:  My original thread was merged into this thread.  My thread was about Mahomes past history of a concussion.

@YoloinOhio started a thread about the stages of concussion protocol.

Patrick Mahomes II

@PatrickMahomes

·

1h

All good brother!

Quote Tweet

Mack Wilson

@5mackwilson1

· 1h

Prayers to @PatrickMahomes . I pray you back next week! Go be great like you have been!

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

0 chance Mahomes doesnt play. 

He just tweeted its all good,  he is playing

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, UConn James said:

Looked more like his neck got bit tweaked more than a hit to the head, but then again concussions & causes can be weird.

He also had a turf toe issue in the first half that looked bothersome.

The fact that he looked almost incapable of standing up without assistance or falling over does not say “neck injury” to me. He looked more like a guy who arrived as happy hour started, and now it was closing time. He was dazed, if not confused. 

If this was week 2, he’s out almost certainly. It’s the AFC Championship and I expect him to play, just because that’s what they do......one way or another.  

1 hour ago, entropyrules said:

I want them to play the Chiefs with Mahomes at the helm..unless of course he risks a permanent debilitating injury..beating them with Henne would leave an asterisk on the win..of course then losing to Henne would be worse

Just to understand - the NFL will do this to the AFC champion?  What if they win the SB - same?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

He needs to sit out and get ready for next season,  league should send in DR's because i don't trust that slime ball Reid.  Yes Reid is a slime ball to have the type of jerks on his team Mathieu who today walk over top of a Brown WR laying on the ground and Hill who attacked one of position coaches and has history of domestic violence.

The league does send in Drs. They aren't team Drs who make the determination. Reid has nothing to do with it.

Edited by cle23

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

Well, they cut Hunt after he got in trouble and Mathieu thing is nothing.

Hill you have a point.

I honestly think they would have kept Hunt if he played a more important position. A headcase at RB is a easy cut. As for Hill, it's disgusting that he is even on a team. Such a dreadful human being if you can even call him that. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This should not be that hard.  Protect your franchise QB at all costs.  Dude got his bell seriously rung and all precautions should be taken.  Hopefully the doctors are professional and do what is right for this generational talent QB.  It's not about 1 game, it's about a career. 

Edited by ChicagoRic

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

Patrick Mahomes II

@PatrickMahomes

·

1h

All good brother!

Quote Tweet

Mack Wilson

@5mackwilson1

· 1h

Prayers to @PatrickMahomes . I pray you back next week! Go be great like you have been!

He just tweeted its all good,  he is playing

I think he’s playing, but his tweet is just “player speak”. No one knows if he’s playing for sure. He still has to go through the concussion protocol, even if most of us believe it’ll just be “going through the motions”. 

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

There are different levels of concussion Mahomes actually stood up and if one of his offense ol 

wouldn’t have caught him he would’ve fell flat on his face

Josh was literally out on his feet from the hit, still played the next week. 

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

Patrick Mahomes II

@PatrickMahomes

·

1h

All good brother!

Quote Tweet

Mack Wilson

@5mackwilson1

· 1h

As Bills fans we all know how dangerous this stuff is with our own Mitch Morse.

Multiples instances of this kind only make things worse.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

KC has one of the strongest fanbases in the country.

I'm not trying to argue with you but since you seem to be the KC fan embassador. Do me a favor and visit their forum. I looked in just to see what they were saying about Mahomes. I didn't make an account so I didn't post anything. All I read was F the Bills every other post. I saw a few Bills fans post saying they hope Mahomes gets better and wished them a Good game next week. They were also greeted with F bombs. I'm not quite sure you know exactly who you seem to be defending here. Their forum is filled with Pats like fans with T. Hill's attitude.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

regardless of talent. too many hits like that and today will end a career, even life. ironic that two of the top afc Qbs were taken out of a playoff game due to concussion. just shows how violent.

Joe Montana's career ended by a concussion in a playoff game back in 1993.

January of 1994, right? AFC Championship vs. the Bills. I may be wrong, but I feel like it was Bruce Smith that crushed him on the play. I was 9 years old, so forgive me if I have any details wrong.

• Agree 1