Mahomes concussion updates

I don't care if the Chiefs have  practice squad QB starting next game. It is part of sports and nobody will remember it in 20 years. 

Players get injured, i hope they come back healthy,  and i hope Mahomes is good for NEXT season.

I want the Lombardi in Buffalo..... 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I'm not trying to argue with you but since you seem to be the KC fan embassador. Do me a favor and visit their forum. I looked in just to see what they were saying about Mahomes. I didn't make an account so I didn't post anything. All I read was F the Bills every other post. I saw a few Bills fans post saying they hope Mahomes gets better and wished them a Good game next week. They were also greeted with F bombs. I'm not quite sure you know exactly who you seem to be defending here. Their forum is filled with Pats like fans with T. Hill's attitude.

I just took a look at that cesspool they have for a forum.  What a bunch of classless ignoramuses.  

5 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

I just took a look at that cesspool they have for a forum.  What a bunch of classless ignoramuses.  

Dumbest fan base in the league. I've been saying it for weeks. They're all a bunch of losers 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You don't think their superstar QB being out would worry them? It's crazy to refer back to our first game. They had all those easy rush yards because we played a specific defense to counter Mahomes. We're not doing that against Chad Henne. It still won't be a gimme, just ask the Browns, but I'm pretty sure we would be favored.

Not really. With Reid as their coach & the weapons they have, I think they'll be confident regardless. Like I said, it's an advantage to have Mahomes, but they're not going to suddenly be worried. They're professionals, they're the defending SB champions. We're in their house. You think these grown ass men are going to suddenly be worried they're going to lose now? Hell no. They think they're going to win each & every game.

Edited by BigDingus

19 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Just like pain management doctors aren’t putting their license on the line for a few hundred dollars or some pain pills... it’s also crazy talk to think you know what they believe to be in their best interest. 

A few hundred dollars? MDs at those pain clinics were making millions.

If you think there’s something conspiratorial going on with the league and their independent physicians for the concussion protocol  similar to those pill mills, I don’t know what to tell you. What you’re suggesting WOULD be foolishly committing malpractice and endangering their livelihood for a few hundred dollars. Think what you want, but what you’re suggesting is absurd. 

13 minutes ago, vanhalen26 said:

He’s been using his phone and tweeted.  If it was a bad concussion, using a screen would be uncomfortable and likely banned by the doctor.

JFC.

Everyone’s a neurologist now 🙄

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Not really. With Reid as their coach & the weapons they have, I think they'll be confident regardless. Like I said, it's an advantage to have Mahomes, but they're not going to suddenly be worried. They're professionals, they're the defending SB champions. We're in their house. You think these grown ass men are going to suddenly worried they're going to lose now? Hell no. They think they're going to win each & every game.

If Pedro Martinez got injured warming up and the Sox had to go with some dude with a 6.43 ERA would it even matter?

42 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

January of 1994, right? AFC Championship vs. the Bills. I may be wrong, but I feel like it was Bruce Smith that crushed him on the play. I was 9 years old, so forgive me if I have any details wrong.

right. bruce, wright and hanson. the three of them knocked him out of the game. it wasn't career ending, he did play in 1994, his final season.

OK....  Here's the thing.....

Obviously this is just my opinion, but whatever.  First, I don't think there is any way he doesn't play in this game.  He'll be out there and that's the way we should all want it.

The thing is, unless we have a crystal ball that says definiivtely that we will definitely lose if he plays and win if he doesn't, we should all want him to play.  Since that crystal ball doesn't exist, we should want him to play.  Not because we would have a better chance at winning (obviously if he plays it hurts our chances for sure), but because of what the narrative would be, not only after the game, but potentially the rest of time. 

Let's face it, all we would hear about forever if we were to win this game if he doesn't play, and who knows....even the Super Bowl after that, is how we only won because Mahomes didn't play.  Screw that.  If we somehow manage to win our first Super Bowl, I don't want any clouds hanging over it.  I want to win it because we beat the best and don't leave any doubt or "yeah, you won, BUT....." crap.  We already have the whole "but you are 0-4 in the Super Bowl" crap to deal with, we don't need another "well, if Mahomes would have played......." crappy narrative out there as well.

As it is, all of a sudden we are the afterthought in this game already.  The whole week will be about Mahomes......Is he playing or isn't he.  We're underdogs, and it will be like most every week where everyone will be talking about how great our opponent is and how we will be exposed and yadda yadda yadda.  I get it.  And that's fine.  Whatever the talking heads want to say is fine.  The only thing that matters is what happens on Sunday.

I'll be the first to admit I don't feel great about the match-up.  While there have been a series of reasons for it, our offense has not been clicking in the Playoffs the way it was for the last month and a half of the season.  I just think the Chiefs are a little better than we are.  They are the defending champs for a reason.  I don't htink the gap is that big, though, and there is a chance we can definitely win this game.  But, if we are to win it, I want to go through their best.  I don't need another "well, you only won because...." thing.  If we want to win the Super Bowl, you have to beat the very best the league has to offer.  If we are blessed enough to finally do that, I don't want there to be any doubt about it. 

• Like (+1) 2

FWIW -- Chad Henne vs Buffalo Bills.

2008 (rookie season) -- Henne did not attempt a pass in either game between Miami and Buffalo, both Miami wins with Chad Pennington the QB for Miami.  (The Dolphins had two QBs named Chad.)

2009 -- Chad Henne was the Miami QB in the first game between MIami and Buffalo, in Miami, playing well with Miami winning.  Henne threw three picks in the second game, in Buffalo, and the Bills won.

2010 -- Henne won the first game between Miami and Buffalo, the first game of the 2010 season, played in Buffalo.  Trent Edwards was the Bills QB.  The Bills won the rematch, near the end of the season, with Henne playing for Miami and Ryan Fitzpatrick playing for Buffalo. 

2011 -- Henne started the season as the Miami QB but he got hurt and had surgery.  Matt Moore was the Miami QB against the Bills in both games. 

So Henne was 2-2 against the Bills.  He moved on from Miami after 2011 and I don't know if he ever played against the Bills again. 

3 minutes ago, sven233 said:

OK....  Here's the thing.....

Obviously this is just my opinion, but whatever.  First, I don't think there is any way he doesn't play in this game.  He'll be out there and that's the way we should all want it.

The thing is, unless we have a crystal ball that says definiivtely that we will definitely lose if he plays and win if he doesn't, we should all want him to play.  Since that crystal ball doesn't exist, we should want him to play.  Not because we would have a better chance at winning (obviously if he plays it hurts our chances for sure), but because of what the narrative would be, not only after the game, but potentially the rest of time. 

Let's face it, all we would hear about forever if we were to win this game if he doesn't play, and who knows....even the Super Bowl after that, is how we only won because Mahomes didn't play.  Screw that.  If we somehow manage to win our first Super Bowl, I don't want any clouds hanging over it.  I want to win it because we beat the best and don't leave any doubt or "yeah, you won, BUT....." crap.  We already have the whole "but you are 0-4 in the Super Bowl" crap to deal with, we don't need another "well, if Mahomes would have played......." crappy narrative out there as well.

As it is, all of a sudden we are the afterthought in this game already.  The whole week will be about Mahomes......Is he playing or isn't he.  We're underdogs, and it will be like most every week where everyone will be talking about how great our opponent is and how we will be exposed and yadda yadda yadda.  I get it.  And that's fine.  Whatever the talking heads want to say is fine.  The only thing that matters is what happens on Sunday.

I'll be the first to admit I don't feel great about the match-up.  While there have been a series of reasons for it, our offense has not been clicking in the Playoffs the way it was for the last month and a half of the season.  I just think the Chiefs are a little better than we are.  They are the defending champs for a reason.  I don't htink the gap is that big, though, and there is a chance we can definitely win this game.  But, if we are to win it, I want to go through their best.  I don't need another "well, you only won because...." thing.  If we want to win the Super Bowl, you have to beat the very best the league has to offer.  If we are blessed enough to finally do that, I don't want there to be any doubt about it. 

How many times have you heard the Giants only beat the Bills because.. Perhaps that's why the Oilers allowed us to comeback from 35-3 since Kelly and Thurman were out and they didn't want to have to hear that's the only reason they won. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

• Eyeroll 1

About losing respect if Mahomes doesn't play and the Bills beat KC -- you play the guys who line up against you.  No team isn't beat up.  We have no idea other than Beasley and maybe Davis who's hurt on the Bills, but my guess is there are quite a few guys who aren't 100%.  We don't have to beat Mahomes to get to the WB -- we have to beat KC with whatever personnel they suit up.