Mahomes concussion updates

1 hour ago, Magox said:

19 days is the NFL average.  It depends on history of concussions and severity.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newswise.com/articles/return-to-play-after-a-concussion-is-19-days

He needs to sit out and get ready for next season,  league should send in DR's because i don't trust that slime ball Reid.  Yes Reid is a slime ball to have the type of jerks on his team Mathieu who today walk over top of a Brown WR laying on the ground and Hill who attacked one of position coaches and has history of domestic violence.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

21 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

When I watch that replay, I have no clue how Mahomes didn't puke on the field. Overall very scary from what at first glance didn't look violent.

On a side note, Romo is aware of the injury well before anyone else is.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Chiefs Planet does not want to get into a shootout with TBD. Not this week, or any week. 

47 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

KC has one of the strongest fanbases in the country.

41 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And?  

care to wager on who has the longer Mahomes concussion thread?  I got 100 on TBD

39 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

What's your point?  Folks were pissing on the KC fanbase and I just thought I'd point out its one of the strongest in the country.

Don't be such a little person.

Ok....now focus.  

you were replying to Yolo’s comment in which he said that their website wouldn’t beat TBD in a shootout with regards to a typical tbd rant thread....

you stated that they had one of the strongest fanbases.....

I didn’t understand what relevance that had to Yolo’s comment.....and I still don’t.  

you reply, saying that people were pissing on the KC fan base....meanwhile Yolo didn’t piss on their fan base.....so your response still doesn’t make any sense to me.  

you call me a little person because I asked if you wanted a wager.  

And I still have no idea what relevance either of your replies has to do yolos comment or mine.  

1 hour ago, NickelCity said:

What's the inevitable discussion? If he'll play or not?

He will play because Reid is slime

By binding together all the more without Mahomes, whose status for the AFC Championship game against visiting Buffalo next week remains unclear despite Reid vaguely saying he had so far “passed all the deals he needed to pass.”

12 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Interesting watch.

Doctors take on the Mahomes hit

Thanks for the link. That explains why a “hit” isn’t needed. Kinda like a car accident. Can get a concussion just from the whiplash of the seatbelt holding you and making your brain hit the skull. Scary stuff. 

16 minutes ago, mannc said:

I've watched this 20 times, at full speed and slow speed, and I can't for the life of me figure out how he got concussed.  Wilson didn't hit him with his helmet and it sure doesn't look like Mahomes's helmet even hit the turf...very strange.

Check out The post by Canadian Bills Fan a couple below your post. A doctor explains it. Interesting video for sure. 

14 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Interesting watch.

Doctors take on the Mahomes hit

As far as his medical comments regarding not needing direct head contact - I had a boss who was in a wreck and got whiplash and had a massive concussion from it. So bad it turned out she had a bleed on her brain and it was debilitating. 

Folks who don't understand how it all works should read this article on Mahomes.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2021/1/17/22236316/patrick-mahomes-injury-nfl-concussion-protocol-explained-return-2021-afc-championship-game-vs-bills

The league has a five-step process for a player who has suffered a concussion. It involves ramping up from rest and recovery through to full football activity clearance. Here are the five steps as mandated by the NFL’s Head, Neck and Spine Committee.

Rest and recovery: The player is prescribed rest until his signs and symptoms and neurologic examination, including cognitive and balance tests, return to baseline status.

Light aerobic exercise: Under direct oversight of the team’s medical staff, the player should begin graduated cardiovascular exercise and may also engage in dynamic stretching and balance training.

Continued aerobic exercise and introduction of strength training: The player continues with supervised cardiovascular exercises that are increased and may mimic sport-specific activities, and supervised strength training is introduced.

Football specific activities: The player continues cardiovascular, strength and balance training and participates in non-contact football activities (e.g. throwing, catching, running, and other position-specific activities).

Full football activity/clearance: Upon clearance by the Team Physician for full football activity involving contact, the player must be examined by the Independent Neurological Consultant (INC) assigned to his Club. If the INC concurs with the team physician that the player’s concussion has resolved, he may participate in his Club’s next practice or game.

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

He needs to sit out and get ready for next season,  league should send in DR's because i don't trust that slime ball Reid.  Yes Reid is a slime ball to have the type of jerks on his team Mathieu who today walk over top of a Brown WR laying on the ground and Hill who attacked one of position coaches and has history of domestic violence.

I like Mahomes but he is surrounded by total low character trash guys like that. If that wasn’t Taunting, I don’t know what is. And don’t get me started on Hill. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Well, they cut Hunt after he got in trouble and Mathieu thing is nothing.

Hill you have a point.

EDIT: Reid also employs an M.D. on his offensive line. Is he a slime ball too?

Edited by JoPoy88