Mahomes concussion updates

13 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Over/under on how many pages this thread gets to?  500

This is, without question, an occipital lobe concussion, w clear spleen-itis complications. He will be out for 8.3 days.

I kid...I'm just freakin' kidding.

Edit: that said, he sure looked like he was in the Land of Cookoo for Cocoa Puffs.

Edited by Dukestreetking
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bongo said:

True. I understand concussions. Just didn’t see the suddenness to cause the slam. That said, unless he’s a great actor, he looked out of it. Just seemed a very benign tackle. 

Yeah he looked like Kelly did a few times in his career

18 minutes ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

Like I said previously, the average return is 19 days.  I hope he is back  but historically that is unlikely.

but if buffalo was fully healthy when they played earlier this season this game woukd be in buffalo

Just now, Big Turk said:

Yeah he looked like Kelly did a few times in his career

Mahomes never banged his head onto the turf, but his head violently decelerated in a jerking motion.  That has to be when the damage was sustained.

I had a colleague many years ago who said he got so many concussions growing up playing hockey, he could give himself one simply by jerking his head forward (and not hitting anything).

All you need is enough inertia to slam your brain around inside your skull.

8 minutes ago, transient said:

That’s why independent consultants make the call. 

Ah. I thought during the week it would be the KC staff and independent doctors are only during the games. 

Good to know

43 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Concussions are really weird and everybody reacts differently. I had a goalie in my hockey league years ago who took a puck off his old school 80s cage and was stunned for a minute in the game He played the rest of it and seemed fine after when we all had a beer. Later he developed a headache and puked and was taken to the doctor by his wife. Diagnosed with a concussion. He missed two weeks of work and never played hockey again. I really hope for Mahomes sake that his doctors do the right thing or he could have some permanent damage for life.

Really scary stuff. Truly hope he’s ok. No doubt a generational player.