So the Lamar excuses start????

1 minute ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

I do think that Andrews and Dobbins would be TE1 and RB1 on the Bills, by a fairly large margin.

They would. And they get production out of those guys. Does the way they play offense and Lamar's skillset limit the receiver production? Yes to some extent. But I think the receiver talent does too. Isn't black and white. 

12 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Hollywood Brown: 1st round pick.  He was supposed to be bigger and better this year.

Mark Andrews: 3rd round pick. Pro Bowler

Miles Boykin: 3rd round pick

Devin Duvernay: 3rd round pick

JK Dobbins: 2nd round pick

how many weapons does a QB need?

To be fair nobody on this list screams defensive planning. Andrews is out there alone basically. To me they are almost as bad as the Tyrod Bills offense. Remember when we led the league in rushing with that coach, what was his name? Oh yeah Roman

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Having the greatest receivers in the game wouldn’t have altered that INT because LJ stared down Andrews the entire time. He led Taron Johnson there with his eyes. 

Johnson's responsibility was the zone in the flat where Snead was wide open...Jackson's eyes told him he didn't need to cover that and snuck underneath the throw

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Hollywood Brown: 1st round pick.  He was supposed to be bigger and better this year.

Rattling off their skill positions and their draft round means less than nothing. How are those guys actually playing? Andrews is the only one I’d consider a “great” weapon. They are giving meaningful snaps to Willie Sneed bro.

26 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

If you read the article they posted, the only two good pass catchers are really Andrews and Brown.

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Rattling off their skill positions and their draft round means less than nothing. How are those guys actually playing? Andrews is the only one I’d consider a “great” weapon. They are giving meaningful snaps to Willie Sneed bro.

In Snead's first year with Baltimore, when Jackson started 7 games, Snead had 62 catches.  The past 2 years, he has had 33 and 31 catches.  Wonder why...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

If you read the article they posted, the only two good pass catchers are really Andrews and Brown.

That was the point...  EXCUSES!!!!

The Ravens scored 3 points & Lamar threw a 101 yard pick six.

Can you imagine Nick Wright (yes our new whipping bow) if that was Josh???? 

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1

Nobody was talking about Jackson's lack of weapons BEFORE the game....How good would Allen be with the Ravens' running game putting extra guys in the box and helping out the passing game?  Given the windy conditions, neither QB played an outstanding game, but Allen got it done when he needed it and Jackson didn't.  Allen threw a TD to Diggs and Jackson threw a pick 6 to Taron Johnson.  Any excuses for Jackson are nonsense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

In Snead's first year with Baltimore, when Jackson started 7 games, Snead had 62 catches.  The past 2 years, he has had 33 and 31 catches.  Wonder why...

Kelvin Benjamin...1st round pick.

why couldn’t allen make it work???????

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They would. And they get production out of those guys. Does the way they play offense and Lamar's skillset limit the receiver production? Yes to some extent. But I think the receiver talent does too. Isn't black and white. 

True but Lamar did get production out of Andrews last year.

38 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Just seeing the usual Twitter idiots claiming we only won because Jackson got injured, as if he was suddenly going to become a good QB and pass his way out of a 2+ score 4th quarter deficit.  Some even saying we injured him on purpose.

I was worried about the opposite - we had a game plan for Lamar and it was working. The backup was an unknown factor.

I remember the game when Favre "crossed the Moats." Tavaris Jackson came in and shredded us. Had Favre stayed in, I think we could have won.

And nothing about Lamar's injury looked like it was even remotely intentional.

• Agree 2

The ringer is decent, I like Simmons, but its also super "woke, let's not offend anybody, or criticize any athlete we might be able to get on a podcast in the future".

That Mallory they have on who is a Ravens fan is brutal.

29 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Zay Jones-  2nd rd pick 

Kelvin Benjamin- 1st rd pick
TJ Graham - 3rd round pick 

james Hardy- 2nd rd pick.

rasaun woods- 1st rd pick- 

Reggie Williams 1st rd pick

matt Jones- 1st rd pick 

Corey Coleman- 1st rd pick

darius Hayward bey- 1st rd pick

mike williams- 1st rd pick

john Ross- 1st rd pick 

Peter warrick- 1st rd pick

david Terrell- 1st rd pick

I could go on.

51 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Here is the Ringer Article...

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playoffs/2021/1/17/22235510/baltimore-ravens-go-bust-buffalo-bills

Part of it said Lamar needs the weapons Josh has and he'd be "better" & since Allen did it, of course Lamar can too.(paraphrasing)

Yep too lazy to look for others, which is why I posted....😜

I like Lamar as a person, just think he has had too many accolades.....

I think it was a pretty reasonable assessment of the Ravens situation. They are definitely lacking in some offensive areas .. and to imply Jackson can get better at 24 should not be an extreme position for fans of a player who has steadily progressed. I wouldn't trade Josh for him, but like Baker I wouldn't guarantee he won't be better than Josh even though I suspect he will not be.

If you were a free agent receiver in the NFL, would you want to play for the Ravens?

If not, why?

Just now, NewEra said:

Zay Jones-  2nd rd pick 

Kelvin Benjamin- 1st rd pick

I deleted the players who had nothing to do with Josh Allen.

Jones and Benjamin were cut loose by the Bills.  Benjamin was shot before he played for the Bills.  

Duvernay was just drafted this year, and Boykin last year.  Apples and oranges.