So the Lamar excuses start????

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yup First Things First switched the narrative to Greg Roman isn’t good enough, Lamar’s weapons aren’t good enough, Mike Vick chiming in about his career almost being ruined because OC’s only wanted to run him.

Nick made his usual Josh Allen crack about 10 points at halftime. Then said this game is all about Lamar.

I think there is some merit in complaints about pass protection and weapons.... Greg Roman however is a big part of the reason Lamar was an MVP and continues to win a lot of football games. If they want to fire Roman and try and make Lamar a read the field pocket passer go ahead. It won't end well. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yup First Things First switched the narrative to Greg Roman isn’t good enough, Lamar’s weapons aren’t good enough, Mike Vick chiming in about his career almost being ruined because OC’s only wanted to run him.

Nick made his usual Josh Allen crack about 10 points total. Then said this game is all about Lamar.

On Friday it was nothing but how electric Lamar was. Look at that Titans run. We’ve never seen anyone that fast. Now it’s our OC isn’t good enough and we have no WRs.

And maybe Greg Roman knows something. They run a lot because Lamar can’t pass or he’ll throw bad picks like he did in two straight Playoff games?

They have a good OL, used a premium draft pick on a RB, have a top tier TE and one of, if not the best, defense in the NFL.  

They spent a recent 1 on a WR.  Marquise Brown looks pretty dang good when he’s thrown the ball.  

Good OL

TE-Mark Andrews

RB-JK Dobbins

WR-Marquise Brown

Could they use a Diggs, Adams, Hopkins etc., sure, but those guys don’t grow on trees.   Those WR’s QBs also play a part in how great they are.. Diggs wasn’t able to show how great he is with Cousins. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Southern_Bills said:

On Get Up! They pretty much said it's not Lamars fault for the passing game, it's an organizational issue. I like Lamar, I just hate how the media treats him.

This x 100

I like Lamar as a person, and he’s fun to watch.  I just hate how the media treats him.  

I think you have to ask if he’s the NFL’s Russell Westbrook.. a great player that you can’t win with.  

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think there is some merit in complaints about pass protection and weapons.... Greg Roman however is a big part of the reason Lamar was an MVP and continues to win a lot of football games. If they want to fire Roman and try and make Lamar a read the field pocket passer go ahead. It won't end well. 

None of that was being said on Friday. It was nothing but Lamar is electric, can’t be contained, he got that stigma off his back and now can start obliterating teams in the Playoffs, the Ravens want their crack at the Chiefs.

41 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

None of that was being said on Friday. It was nothing but Lamar is electric, can’t be contained, he got that stigma off his back and now can start obliterating teams in the Playoffs, the Ravens want their crack at the Chiefs.

Yea I suggest you start looking in better places for your analysis then. 

• Dislike 1

It's Tryod Taylor all over again. If you can contain him in the pocket, the wheels come off. Greg Roman builds the offense around the talents of the QB. They are a run first team because that is the talent of his QB. Running. Just give it a couple more years, the media won't even remember who Lamar Jackson was.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Mike Greenberg;  "The difference between Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson is Stefon Diggs"

I'm not here to throw stones at Greeny, he's one of my favorite ESPN hosts. Dan Orvlovsky, Ryan Clark, and Rex Ryan were on the segment this morning too and all of them agreed with that sentiment.  I think Rex will say anything to get some attention but I respect Orvlovsky's and Ryan Clark's football knowledge.  Throwing those qualifiers out there, I think the take that Jackson would be throwing the ball like Allen this year if he had Diggs is crazy.

Putting Diggs on any team in the NFL, no matter who the QB is, will instantly improve their passing game.  I think that's a given.  Diggs is unquestionably a top 3 WR in the NFL.  I think that Josh's game has improved with Diggs on the team and having Diggs on the field creates a ripple effect where now the defense's #2 DB is on John Brown, and it's harder to focus on Beasley in the slot and he can kill you over the middle and move the sticks.  That's 100% true, Diggs does all that for a team.

But Diggs is not responsible for the incredible leap in accuracy that Josh Allen has made over the last three years.  Show me the highlights of all the circus catches that Diggs has made this year because Allen threw a bad ball and Diggs bailed him out....  maybe one or two all season long?   Diggs is almost impossible to cover and gets open on every play, but Josh is just as good at putting the ball on the money, on time, and where only Diggs can get it.  

Does Diggs help Allen adjust protection schemes presnap?  Does Diggs help Allen change out of plays at the line of scrimmage to take advantage of what the defense is showing him?  Did Diggs get Allen to stop playing Hero Ball and stop making crucial turnovers in key moments?  Is Diggs responsible for Allen's improved pocket awareness and the way he just shifts around the pocket when the pass rush is on allowing him to make his amazing off schedule plays?   Is Diggs the reason Allen spent all off season during a pandemic working with a private QB coach completely revamping his throwing motion?

Admittedly, I don't know what Lamar Jackson does during his off season, but as a pretty locked in NFL fan I haven't heard about him doing anything similar to what Josh does during the off season.

When Lamar and Josh came into the NFL they were both incredible athletes who could run the ball and were iffy in the pass game.  I would even say that Lamar was a better passer than Josh year one.  Since that time what has happened?  Both Lamar and Josh are still fantastic running QBs, but now Josh has worked his tail off to become an elite passer.  He hasn't just gotten better, he has become elite as a passer.  The numbers bear that out.  Allen had the highest pocket completion percentage in the entire NFL this season and he seems even more dangerous when he is out of the pocket throwing the ball.

The simple truth of the matter is that Allen has evolved each year as a passer and Lamar has not.  It's intellectually lazy to look at Josh's progression and say that Diggs is the only reason Josh is a better overall QB than Lamar, or that Lamar would throw the ball like Josh if only he had a true #1 WR.  I like Greeney,  RC, and Orvlovsly, but I think they got caught giving a "hot take" on the fly without really taking the time to think about it first.  Josh Allen is a better passing QB than Lamar Jackson and its not because of Stefon Diggs.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What about the rocket arm? Allen has one. Jackson does not. Jackson needs a full windup to get it anywhere over 7 yards. Allen can flick his wrist while having guys on him or falling down and get the ball all over the place.

I'd say that's a big difference. And there are many others.

What they are really saying is that Jackson would benefit from having one of the best receivers in the league. Well duh. What QB wouldn't?

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

What about the rocket arm? Allen has one. Jackson does not. Jackson needs a full windup to get it anywhere over 7 yards. Allen can flick his wrist while having guys on him or falling down and get the ball all over the place.

I'd say that's a big difference. And there are many others.

What they are really saying is that Jackson would benefit from having one of the best receivers in the league. Well duh. What QB wouldn't?

Hey MJS,

You're right, I didn't even mention the arm talent that Josh has that Lamar doesn't.  😃

I would take issue with your last line though.  Their position was that Lamar would be be as good of a passing QB as Josh if he had a #1 WR like Diggs on the roster.  I don't think that is a position that they can possible defend.

🍻

18 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Hollywood Brown: 1st round pick.  He was supposed to be bigger and better this year.

Mark Andrews: 3rd round pick. Pro Bowler

Miles Boykin: 3rd round pick

Devin Duvernay: 3rd round pick

JK Dobbins: 2nd round pick

how many weapons does a QB need?

Watched Rex Ryan this morning and he made a great point. Hollywood is a good WR but not a #1.  Lamar isn't the most accurate QB and needs a big bodied WR with wing span and contested catch ability. Andrews is good but to me is a safety valve not a primary option. Also, you don't need a top tier RB when your primary rusher is your QB. A game plan that has obviously run its course at this point.

22 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Mike Greenberg;  "The difference between Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson is Stefon Diggs"

I'm not here to throw stones at Greeny, he's one of my favorite ESPN hosts. Dan Orvlovsky, Ryan Clark, and Rex Ryan were on the segment this morning too and all of them agreed with that sentiment.  I think Rex will say anything to get some attention but I respect Orvlovsky's and Ryan Clark's football knowledge.  Throwing those qualifiers out there, I think the take that Jackson would be throwing the ball like Allen this year if he had Diggs is crazy.

Putting Diggs on any team in the NFL, no matter who the QB is, will instantly improve their passing game.  I think that's a given.  Diggs is unquestionably a top 3 WR in the NFL.  I think that Josh's game has improved with Diggs on the team and having Diggs on the field creates a ripple effect where now the defense's #2 DB is on John Brown, and it's harder to focus on Beasley in the slot and he can kill you over the middle and move the sticks.  That's 100% true, Diggs does all that for a team.

But Diggs is not responsible for the incredible leap in accuracy that Josh Allen has made over the last three years.  Show me the highlights of all the circus catches that Diggs has made this year because Allen threw a bad ball and Diggs bailed him out....  maybe one or two all season long?   Diggs is almost impossible to cover and gets open on every play, but Josh is just as good at putting the ball on the money, on time, and where only Diggs can get it.  

Does Diggs help Allen adjust protection schemes presnap?  Does Diggs help Allen change out of plays at the line of scrimmage to take advantage of what the defense is showing him?  Did Diggs get Allen to stop playing Hero Ball and stop making crucial turnovers in key moments?  Is Diggs responsible for Allen's improved pocket awareness and the way he just shifts around the pocket when the pass rush is on allowing him to make his amazing off schedule plays?   Is Diggs the reason Allen spent all off season during a pandemic working with a private QB coach completely revamping his throwing motion?

Admittedly, I don't know what Lamar Jackson does during his off season, but as a pretty locked in NFL fan I haven't heard about him doing anything similar to what Josh does during the off season.

When Lamar and Josh came into the NFL they were both incredible athletes who could run the ball and were iffy in the pass game.  I would even say that Lamar was a better passer than Josh year one.  Since that time what has happened?  Both Lamar and Josh are still fantastic running QBs, but now Josh has worked his tail off to become an elite passer.  He hasn't just gotten better, he has become elite as a passer.  The numbers bear that out.  Allen had the highest pocket completion percentage in the entire NFL this season and he seems even more dangerous when he is out of the pocket throwing the ball.

The simple truth of the matter is that Allen has evolved each year as a passer and Lamar has not.  It's intellectually lazy to look at Josh's progression and say that Diggs is the only reason Josh is a better overall QB than Lamar, or that Lamar would throw the ball like Josh if only he had a true #1 WR.  I like Greeney,  RC, and Orvlovsly, but I think they got caught giving a "hot take" on the fly without really taking the time to think about it first.  Josh Allen is a better passing QB than Lamar Jackson and its not because of Stefon Diggs.

Greeny would too I bet you take Lamar over Allen.  He's been slow in acknowledging Allen and this is his narrative.

Surprise, goes right to the title of this thread & what I expect to hear......

You are too 100% correct that Diggs made all the catches he should (though he did have 5 drops) and also some difficult catches, but "wow" ones I don't remember.

Put a reel of Lamar's great throws (and not those the result of busted coverage after incredible escapism in the pocket) and it will be a short one.

Allen on the other hand.  Just the two to Davis on the run along the sideline last week, still are hard to truly appreciate. 

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

At this point, I really don't care what the fools in the media say.

As the year has progressed, Josh Allen has continued to make his critics look stupid.

Most have been forced to admit they were wrong about him, but there are still a few holdouts.  Some are just trying to get a rise out of Bills fans and should be ignored.  Some are just lazy, never watch film and want to credit all of his success to Brian Daboll or Stephon Diggs.  

I say that we just go out and win some Super Bowls, and check back in with them when Allen's getting his yellow jacket.