So the Lamar excuses start????

2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

i’ll answer that I would pick the Bills and Allen right now. But you’re moving the goalposts so wildly right now I don’t know what point you’re trying to make. 

I'll make it as blunt and concise as possible:  in his third year of his NFL career, do you think that Jackson is a good passer?

1 minute ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Do you think that any team in the league wouldn't take Brown, Boykin or Duvernay if the Ravens cut them loose?  The "lack of weapons" excuse is unique as far as the Ravens are concerned - how do we know if these guys suck, or if they're being underutilized because of the Ravens' offensive system or Jackson's skillset?

How do you explain John Brown's stats with Flacco at QB in '18 vs. with Jackson at QB?  Or John Brown's in '19 with the Bills or in '18 with the Ravens?  How do you explain Snead's reception count being halved after the '18 season?

OTOH, the following WR corps suck more than BAL: Jax, Washington, NYJ, NYG, NE

So 3 of the worst teams in the league, and two bad teams. Good work obliterating your own argument lol

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Bermuda Triangle said:

Do you think that any team in the league wouldn't take Brown, Boykin or Duvernay if the Ravens cut them loose?  The "lack of weapons" excuse is unique as far as the Ravens are concerned - how do we know if these guys suck, or if they're being underutilized because of the Ravens' offensive system or Jackson's skillset?

How do you explain John Brown's stats with Flacco at QB in '18 vs. with Jackson at QB?  Or John Brown's in '19 with the Bills or in '18 with the Ravens?  How do you explain Snead's reception count being halved after the '18 season?

OTOH, the following WR corps suck more than BAL: Jax, Washington, NYJ, NYG, NE

I should’ve known you would reply with this trash.  

I won’t reply after this.  

yes, teams would sign those WRs.....teams carry 6-7 WRs.  Just because they would sign them, doesn’t mean that they are good weapons. It means that they are good enough to make a roster.  BIG difference.  

I have already stated that the system and QB have something to do with a WRs productivity.

we don’t “know” if they would succeed or not succeed in any other system.  We KNOW THAT THEY CAN’T BEAT OUT WILLIE SNEAD.  

time to focus on the chiefs game.  Continue on with whatever you’re trying to do here, just don’t include me

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Where do they believe the Ravens will find this WR1?

They loaded up on one of the best defenses in football.  

They drafted a top end RB.  

They have spent on OL. 

They have a top end TE. 

They have to pay Lamar soon. 

Can’t afford give the guy everything....

They went for it last off-season thinking this was their year to make a run

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Where do they believe the Ravens will find this WR1?

They loaded up on one of the best defenses in football.  

They drafted a top end RB.  

They have spent on OL. 

They have a top end TE. 

They have to pay Lamar soon. 

Can’t afford give the guy everything....

Love that they are going to have to make a decision on him. Either overpay, start over or get caught in mediocrity with a mediocre QB.

A couple years out the Browns and Bungles may become the perennial top dogs in that division.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

So 3 of the worst teams in the league, and two bad teams. Good work obliterating your own argument lol

I was asked a question and I offered a direct answer.  More than your cohorts in this thread are willing to do.

Do we know that Boykin and Duvernay are bad, or do we not know enough about them?  If the latter, why?

Ok, but why is it that Baltimore wouldn't be high on your list of preferred destinations?

Because their QB is not a great thrower to the outside and they are a run first team. Both things I haven't disputed at any stage. But his passing game weapons aside from Andrews and Brown are not good.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Not very high. Nobody is disputing that. Which is why they are left with draft picks and washed up vets.

What has Josh got to do with this? Josh is in a different tier altogether than Jackson.

He has quite a bit to do with this.  As a young, developing and supposedly inaccurate passer Josh was still getting big production from his WRs.  By contrast, the young, developing Lamar doesn't generate much production from any of his WRs.  Most likely it's because the offense  designed to let Lamar thrive does not do the same for the WRs.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I should’ve known you would reply with this trash.  

I won’t reply after this.  

yes, teams would sign those WRs.....teams carry 6-7 WRs.  Just because they would sign them, doesn’t mean that they are good weapons. It means that they are good enough to make a roster.  BIG difference.  

I have already stated that the system and QB have something to do with a WRs productivity.

we don’t “know” if they would succeed or not succeed in any other system.  We KNOW THAT THEY CAN’T BEAT OUT WILLIE SNEAD.  

time to focus on the chiefs game.  Continue on with whatever you’re trying to do here, just don’t include me

Didn;t read your post, but assume it's crap like the rest of your drivel in this thread 

3 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

I'll make it as blunt and concise as possible:  in his third year of his NFL career, do you think that Jackson is a good passer?

I think he’s good, not great. He’s not a complete passer by any stretch. He has big struggles throwing outside the numbers. 

still doesn’t mean those fans are wrong. WR seems very under par in Baltimore. There are complaints about Roman’s passing offense as well - is Roman limiting his schemes to play to Jackson’s limitations, or is Roman’s passing offense just not that great? I think those are valid questions for Ravens fans to ask. Since we asked the same things.

I was asked a question and I offered a direct answer.  More than your cohorts in this thread are willing to do.

Do we know that Boykin and Duvernay are bad, or do we not know enough about them?  If the latter, why?

We know they can't beat out Willie Snead, who kinda sucks.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

He has quite a bit to do with this.  As a young, developing and supposedly inaccurate passer Josh was still getting big production from his WRs.  By contrast, the young, developing Lamar doesn't generate much production from any of his WRs.  Most likely it's because the offense  designed to let Lamar thrive does not do the same for the WRs.

None of this is in dispute. What is in dispute is whether the Ravens have done a good job of giving him receivers who are going to maximise what he can do. 

I repeat what I said at the very start of this thread. A lot of it is on Lamar Jackson and his limitations. But at the same time his receiving weapons are not great apart from Andrews and Brown. It is both playing a part in the Ravens passing O being mediocre.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Would love to know the definition of this.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I think he has a lot of talent but is being hurt by an offensive coordinator who has an outdated philosophy and a weak group of WR's. Swap him and Allen and I think Jackson does very well with our roster and Daboll's ofense. Do I want to see that- absolutely not!

There is no way Jackson would succeed in Dabols offense.  No way.  

2 minutes ago, FLFan said:

There is no way Jackson would succeed in Dabols offense.  No way.  

I agree with that. He would look awful. All these people saying Baltimore should move on from Roman are dead wrong IMO. If you do that you might as well move off Jackson.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

I hope Allen Robinson signs with Baltimore this off-season, so that this time next season, we can compare his '21 stats with those he had with Trubisky and Foles in '20.

I hope the Ravens don't get better. But then again, I'm a Bills fan, not a Lamar Jackson hater.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

I hope Allen Robinson signs with Baltimore this off-season, so that this time next season, we can compare his '21 stats with those he had with Trubisky and Foles in '20.

If they fail with Allen Robinson that is a totally different thing than failing with Dez Bryant and Myles Boykin. 

• Like (+1) 1