So the Lamar excuses start????

3 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

You should probably try to troll less.

Im not trolling, that’s your logic (or lack thereof.) You listed names and draft positions man. Spoke nothing of production. I think Jackson has one elite weapon in Andrews yes. The rest of those guys are just guys. Dobbins may turn out to be great, he aint there yet. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea and Andrews is talented. 

100% agreed. 

My only point in this thread was if that excuse of “no weapons” (or not enough) is invalid for Jackson, then maybe it wasn’t that valid for Allen a couple years ago.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

If you were a free agent receiver in the NFL, would you want to play for the Ravens?

If not, why?

I deleted the players who had nothing to do with Josh Allen.

Jones and Benjamin were cut loose by the Bills.  Benjamin was shot before he played for the Bills.  

Duvernay was just drafted this year, and Boykin last year.  Apples and oranges. 

What does this have to do with Josh allen.  This had to do with Lamar jackson and his weapons being 1-3rd picks

Edited by NewEra

13 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

That was the point...  EXCUSES!!!!

The Ravens scored 3 points & Lamar threw a 101 yard pick six.

Can you imagine Nick Wright (yes our new whipping bow) if that was Josh???? 

Josh had a playoff meltdown last season dude. Do you not remember? 

Brown failed to get his feet down. Duke had some drops. Completed <50%. Zero passing TD’s. 

Lamar Jackson is not a perfect QB. He has flaws. His team also has flaws. These can both be correct.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

Im not trolling, that’s your logic (or lack thereof.) You listed names and draft positions man. Spoke nothing of production. I think Jackson has one elite weapon in Andrews yes. The rest of those guys are just guys. Dobbins may turn out to be great, he aint there yet. 

If you were an NFL WR, and could pick a team to join, where would Baltimore rank on your list of choices?

40 minutes ago, Adam said:

I think he has a lot of talent but is being hurt by an offensive coordinator who has an outdated philosophy and a weak group of WR's. Swap him and Allen and I think Jackson does very well with our roster and Daboll's ofense. Do I want to see that- absolutely not!

You really believe right now Lamar could succeed in a pass first offense without the support of the most dominant running game the nfl has seen in decades?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

What does this have to do with Josh allen.  This had to do with Lamar jackson and his weapons being 1-3rd picks

This was the post that I originally responded to:

to your topic - if one of the excuses about Jackson is the lack of weapons argument, well literally hundreds of posters right here were making the exact same excuse for Allen 2 years ago

Such a lame comparison.  Completely apples and oranges.

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They would. And they get production out of those guys. Does the way they play offense and Lamar's skillset limit the receiver production? Yes to some extent. But I think the receiver talent does too. Isn't black and white. 

John Brown was playing well with Flacco and had a great 2019 with Josh.  He disappeared from the Ravens offense when Lamar came in.  Robert Foster likely played the best football of his career in 2018.  Diggs, Beasley and Brown have had the best years of their careers with Josh.  The next WR that thrives with Lamar throwing him the ball will be the first.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

You really believe right now Lamar could succeed in a pass first offense without the support of the most dominant running game the nfl has seen in decades?

The run dominant is a part of LJ's game. He's probably the most unique runner in the NFL at QB.

3 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

to your topic - if one of the excuses about Jackson is the lack of weapons argument, well literally hundreds of posters right here were making the exact same excuse for Allen 2 years ago

Have a good day sir. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

well it’s always going to be apples and oranges guy unless you had both QBs playing with exactly the same guys. You can think it lame if your a shameless homer sure. Personally I think the excuse for Lamar is lame now and it was lame then when people (probably people like you) were making it for Allen.

well it’s always going to be apples and oranges guy unless you had both QBs playing with exactly the same guys. You can think it lame if your a shameless homer sure. Personally I think the excuse for Lamar is lame now and it was lame then when people (probably people like you) were making it for Allen.

Here's what I don't understand:

"We should get more weapons for our young QB so he has more help and plays better" = smart

"Our young QB would play better with more weapons" = homer excuse take

John Brown in '18 v. John Brown in '19.

I know you won't answer, but I'll ask again: If you were an NFL WR, and could pick a team to join, where would Baltimore rank on your list of choices?

5 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

John Brown was playing well with Flacco and had a great 2019 with Josh.  He disappeared from the Ravens offense when Lamar came in.  Robert Foster likely played the best football of his career in 2018.  Diggs, Beasley and Brown have had the best years of their careers with Josh.  The next WR that thrives with Lamar throwing him the ball will be the first.

Boom. Truth. 

2 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Wonder what his stats were with Baltimore in '18 and with the Bills in '19.

If he was still in Baltimore, he'd probably be a 'non-weapon', a 'JAG'

Smoke had the highest YPC of his career (a gross 17 yards) in 2018 as the #2 option.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Here's what I don't understand:

"We should get more weapons for our young QB so he has more help and plays better" = smart

"Our young QB would play better with more weapons" = homer excuse take

so why can’t Ravens fans make the same excuse?