So the Lamar excuses start????

Just read a Ringer article with the same excuses.....  Imagine Allen throwing a 101 yard pick 6?

Any articles or people questioning Lamar after yesterday?

He needs better receivers seems to be a tired excuse.  

As I said elsewhere "How do you know, when you throw so little and very few are actual traditional plays as most are a result of Lamar's athleticism and many busted plays"?

And what receiver would sign to play with Lamar and this offense? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It’s reputation. Everybody jumped on the Lamar bandwagon after his MVP season and are refusing to jump off...yet. Just like some don’t really want to give Josh credit for being a great quarterback...yet.

• Like (+1) 10

24 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Where’s the link? What are the excuses they list? Low effort man

Here is the Ringer Article...

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playoffs/2021/1/17/22235510/baltimore-ravens-go-bust-buffalo-bills

Part of it said Lamar needs the weapons Josh has and he'd be "better" & since Allen did it, of course Lamar can too.(paraphrasing)

Yep too lazy to look for others, which is why I posted....😜

I like Lamar as a person, just think he has had too many accolades.....

Edited by Billsfan1972

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Here is the Ringer Article...

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playoffs/2021/1/17/22235510/baltimore-ravens-go-bust-buffalo-bills

Yep too lazy to look for others, which is why I posted....😜

I like Lamar as a person, just think he has had too many accolades.....

not really how it works around here. If you want to post a piss and moan topic about the media, at least make some effort to provide the source chief. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

8 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Just read a Ringer article with the same excuses.....  Imagine Allen throwing a 101 yard pick 6?

Any articles or people questioning Lamar after yesterday?

He needs better receivers seems to be a tired excuse.  

As I said elsewhere "How do you know, when you throw so little and very few are actual traditional plays as most are a result of Lamar's athleticism and many busted plays"?

And what receiver would sign to play with Lamar and this offense? 

Jerry Rice in his prime wouldn't do anything with Lamar Jackson as his QB

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And I now posted the article.....  Want more?

i see that you did and i appreciate it. 

to your topic - if one of the excuses about Jackson is the lack of weapons argument, well literally hundreds of posters right here were making the exact same excuse for Allen 2 years ago

Just seeing the usual Twitter idiots claiming we only won because Jackson got injured, as if he was suddenly going to become a good QB and pass his way out of a 2+ score 4th quarter deficit.  Some even saying we injured him on purpose.

Edited by 1ManRaid

10 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

to your topic - if one of the excuses about Jackson is the lack of weapons argument, well literally hundreds of posters right here were making the exact same excuse for Allen 2 years ago

Hollywood Brown: 1st round pick.  He was supposed to be bigger and better this year.

Mark Andrews: 3rd round pick. Pro Bowler

Miles Boykin: 3rd round pick

Devin Duvernay: 3rd round pick

JK Dobbins: 2nd round pick

how many weapons does a QB need?

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Just seeing the usual Twitter idiots claiming we only won because Jackson got injured, as if he was suddenly going to become a good QB and pass his way out of a 2+ score 4th quarter deficit.  Some even saying we injured him on purpose.

well that’s twitter and it’s packed to capacity with fools so I wouldn’t get too upset with that

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Where do they believe the Ravens will find this WR1?

They loaded up on one of the best defenses in football.  

They drafted a top end RB.  

They have spent on OL. 

They have a top end TE. 

They have to pay Lamar soon. 

Can’t afford give the guy everything....

• Like (+1) 3

I think he has a lot of talent but is being hurt by an offensive coordinator who has an outdated philosophy and a weak group of WR's. Swap him and Allen and I think Jackson does very well with our roster and Daboll's ofense. Do I want to see that- absolutely not!

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Hollywood Brown: 1st round pick.  He was supposed to be bigger and better this year.

Brown had only 100 targets this year.  ANother great receiver and that means less.

They are a running team and no FA WR wants to go there under those circumstances.

16 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

However Allen is a passer, not a runner and we know how bad the receivers were year 1, and improved year 2, but the offensive game plan was basically "Don't make mistakes, because our defense will win us 20-17 games", which is what I said all year.

Remember no 300 yard passing games for three straight years.  Longest by any other team was 17. 

Boykin and Duvernay haven't been great though have they? Despite their draft status. Duvernay can't get on the field ahead of Snead an UDFA who has done very little since his rookie year playing with Drew Brees. They had the corpse of Dez Bryant running go routes last night. In a playoff game. 

Not that Jackson doesn't have to take a lot of blame for their performance offensively but it is not all on him. And he has shown he can win a lot in the regular season against the bulk of the league. So what do the Ravens do? Scrap that and start again or see if there is a way of surrounding him with guys that can elevate him in those big moments? I think for NOW at least you try the latter. 

19 hours ago, Adam said:

I think he has a lot of talent but is being hurt by an offensive coordinator who has an outdated philosophy and a weak group of WR's. Swap him and Allen and I think Jackson does very well with our roster and Daboll's ofense. Do I want to see that- absolutely not!

Want to bet Diggs wouldn't be screaming at him him like he did Cousins???  Diggs would be apoplectic with 100 targets......😜 

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Boykin and Duvernay haven't been great though have they? Despite their draft status. Duvernay can't get on the field ahead of Snead an UDFA who has done very little since his rookie year playing with Drew Brees. They had the corpse of Dez Bryant running go routes last night. In a playoff game. 

Not that Jackson doesn't have to take a lot of blame for their performance offensively but it is not all on him. And he has shown he can win a lot in the regular season against the bulk of the league. So what do the Ravens do? Scrap that and start again or see if there is a way of surrounding him with guys that can elevate him in those big moments? I think for NOW at least you try the latter. 

I don't watch enough Ravens games to say how well Boykin and Duvernay have looked.  If they haven't played well, is maybe some of the blame on their offensive system (which is tailored to the QB's strengths) and to the QB himself?

Regardless, the Ravens have assembled weapons for Jackson.  Why some of them haven't produced is a matter of opinion.

I do think that Andrews and Dobbins would be TE1 and RB1 on the Bills, by a fairly large margin.

• Agree 3

I don't watch enough Ravens games to say how well Boykin and Duvernay have looked.  If they haven't played well, is maybe some of the blame on their offensive system (which is tailored to the QB's strengths) and to the QB himself?

Regardless, the Ravens have assembled weapons for Jackson.  Why some of them haven't produced is a matter of opinion.

I do think that Andrews and Dobbins would be TE1 and RB1 on the Bills, by a fairly large margin.

They don't pass & Lamar as a passer is below average right now.