Glove color = holding call

Have noticed this before, just saw it again. Wyatt Teller wearing black gloves, gets called for holding on red jersey Chief. Why these O-linemen cant get smart and wear gloves that match opponents jerseys - making hands more camouflaged?

Same thing with Def backs. Any small advantage would be worth it.

i remember years ago the story from a Bills lineman - was wearing some bright colored “lucky” gloves and getting holding calls - he changed the color and the holding calls dropped. 

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hmmm. I see Browns players wearing white and also red in addition to the black. So there is some variation allowed. Either of those others blend more to the Chiefs red with white stripes.

Just saying be smart on the choice

And Chiefs DB wearing red gloves just gets holding call...red hands on Browns white jersey...

59 minutes ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

Have noticed this before, just saw it again. Wyatt Teller wearing black gloves, gets called for holding on red jersey Chief. Why these O-linemen cant get smart and wear gloves that match opponents jerseys - making hands more camouflaged?

i remember years ago the story from a Bills lineman - was wearing some bright colored “lucky” gloves and getting holding calls - he changed the color and the holding calls dropped. 

I agree with you and have often wondered why they don't wear gloves that match opposing uniforms more closely.  But I have to say Teller had him in a headlock and deserved the holding call.

1 hour ago, Bills Fan In Pittsford said:

I agree with you and have often wondered why they don't wear gloves that match opposing uniforms more closely.  But I have to say Teller had him in a headlock and deserved the holding call.

Coach McD loves wrestlers.  The Bills should try to get him back.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

In extreme cases, the coaches change the player's number.

Looking at you, Ken Jones.

Edit: Luckily for the Bills red is part of their color scheme, so according to the Louis Vuitton Rule red gloves would be properly accessorized.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Because they are limited in what colors they are allowed to wear. They are ‘uniforms’ after all. 😃 

I don't think they're limited much if at all for gloves.  I saw a Lineman today wearing bright yellow gloves and for a second thought I was looking at a penalty flag.

8 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Because they are limited in what colors they are allowed to wear. They are ‘uniforms’ after all. 😃 

Well, it has to be black or team colors I believe. Very few teams that don't include white, red, blue, or black.

Couldn't hurt, right?

8 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

This is smart.  If you are facing a team wearing white, white gloves need to be mandatory.  White is one of the universally acceptable colors for accessories.

It’s the modern day version of wearing plaster casts on your arms. Football players through the ‘90’s did this routinely. Raiders were notorious for it. They looked like gladiators going into combat.

CB620CB3-A8DE-4E5C-A986-9BB7A6DA50DD.jpeg

286149AF-4AA9-4498-B9FE-81D5AD7A4AFE.jpeg

37FB6398-3217-4F59-925C-B1A8C5F8679D.jpeg