Texans believe Watson has played his last snap for the team

Penfield45

39 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Related and for the people who think Watson has no right to a role in the HC hire..... the Bears are involving Khalil Mack in their DC hiring process. 

This is pretty common place in the NFL now when you have stars.

I could maybe see involving star players in positional coaches.  But HC and especially GM?

And that's just 2 franchises who I wouldn't hold up as models.

34 minutes ago, benderbender said:

The trend is toward player mobility and empowerment. The you only have to look at Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown to see that the bell has already been rung. Watson has a sterling reputation both as a player and in the community. The Texans incoming HC has Watson’s public unhappiness and a practically untradable contract in Watt to contend with. Watson may not have the contract leverage, but he’s got fan/public support.

For what?  Those fans will turn on him the instant he's traded.

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

I could maybe see involving star players in positional coaches.  But HC and especially GM?

And that's just 2 franchises who I wouldn't hold up as models.

It is just more common. Green Bay did it, the Rams did it. I agree on GM. But I think on Head Coach you absolutely should involve your franchise QB.

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is just more common. Green Bay did it, the Rams did it. I agree on GM. But I think on Head Coach you absolutely should involve your franchise QB.

Green Bay did not do it when they let Alex Van Pelt go and Aaron Rodgers was livid.  I guess they learned.

• Like (+1) 1