Texans believe Watson has played his last snap for the team

Penfield45

2 hours ago, appoo said:

I still don't understand how this is even a considered possibility, due to the dead cap implications

The dead cap would be just above $20M, the remains of the signing bonus only. 

The rest of what is listed as dead cap is actually just guaranteed money, which the team that trades for Watson would take over.

$20M is still onerous, but not nearly as onerous as having a franchise QB who is not with the program.

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Jets have 2 1sts this year and 2 1sts next. So it can happen, just not all in one year. Or Jets trade their 2022 1sts for 1 2020 1st, and have 3 this year.

That's the easiest part of the deal.

If they win a few more games with Watson, their future 1st round picks lose the value at least one of them has now.  Plus they would need a 3rd team to do this business with.  Plus they have lots of needs to be giving away so many top picks.  Houston has a better roster than the Jets....and they won 4 games with Watson this year.

14 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Especially when cupcakes are laced with drugs like date rate drugs.

It's early in this new year........but your ability to go so far out of your way to say something unnecessarily creepy..........I really see no end in site to your reign.

The competition is playing for 2022 already.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If they win a few more games with Watson, their future 1st round picks lose the value at least one of them has now.  Plus they would need a 3rd team to do this business with.  Plus they have lots of needs to be giving away so many top picks.  Houston has a better roster than the Jets....and they won 4 games with Watson this year.

So what? You said you didnt understand how this is considered a possibility with the the 3 1st asking price. They have the resources to cover it. Hypotheticals be damned.

29 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Please,  Houston.  Hire Bienemy so that Watson stays.

Of course. Hire an offensive coordinator to coach the worst defense in the NFL.  If this team was serious they would hire Frazier. If they let that clown Watson dictate who they hire they will be losing games 45 to 35 for the next decade.

• Eyeroll 2

Any discussion with Watson of being traded starts with "pay back your signing bonus/guarantees and you're being traded to the NFC only.  If you accept that, then we can talk"  Then with the trading team it's at least 3-1sts.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

So what? You said you didnt understand how this is considered a possibility with the the 3 1st asking price. They have the resources to cover it. Hypotheticals be damned.

Well, nearly every team has 3 1st over the next 3 years....

The point is that even for the Jets, that price is prohibitive.

Edited by Mr. WEO

On 1/19/2021 at 2:03 PM, mannc said:

I may have been wrong about my assessment of Mayfield and the Browns. Apparently the Browns aren’t even sure they are going to pick up Baker’s 5th year option.  Fact remains, they would have to send Houston a lot more than Mayfield (if Houston even wants him) to get Watson.

Wait, Wat?  Where heard?

7 hours ago, Doc said:

Any discussion with Watson of being traded starts with "pay back your signing bonus/guarantees and you're being traded to the NFC only.  If you accept that, then we can talk"  Then with the trading team it's at least 3-1sts.

Oh, That would go well

7 hours ago, Doc said:

Agreed, I think it was Dick Vermeil that said Watson needs a diaper change. Kind of agree with him. With that being said, I dont know all the circumstances obviously. None of us do.

• Haha (+1) 2