Texans believe Watson has played his last snap for the team

Penfield45

3 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Read an article in the Atlantic that mentioned 5 possible trades for Watson.  The 5 teams were the Jets, Dolphins, 49ers, Falcons and Lions.  Frankly, I surprised to see the value each team would give in a potential trade. 

At any rate, I think it would be great to get Watson in the AFCE.

why would you want to bring high talent competition to the AFC East, especially at the QB position?  There’s already too many young studs in the AFC as it is!

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think Mayfield or Murray are close to interchangeable with Watson. I think that is frankly a borderline crazy opinion.

The poster I replied to, said "there was no chance Browns or Cards would part with Mayfield or Murray".
I Watson is as good as you believe, then they would of course trade Mayfield or Murray. 

Lots of speculation on Jets and Fins. Darnold & Tua have not even proven they are legit NFL starters.  Houston needs to come up with some hope. Murray or Mayfield provide some hope. 

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

The poster I replied to, said "there was no chance Browns or Cards would part with Mayfield or Murray".
I Watson is as good as you believe, then they would of course trade Mayfield or Murray. 

Lots of speculation on Jets and Fins. Darnold & Tua have not even proven they are legit NFL starters.  Houston needs to come up with some hope. Murray or Mayfield provide some hope. 

Watson is as good as I believe. You are just wrong. Honestly what is your basis for believing him to be on a par with Mayfield or Murray? There is literally no evidence to support that theory. 

7 hours ago, H2o said:

There were "reports" he was was to be involved in both. McNair said he would keep him "in the loop" during the coaching search. Either way, Deshaun comes off as a kid who is mad he got a strawberry Blow-Pop instead of watermelon one to me. You knew where you were at. You see how previous situations have been handled. You still signed the contract to get that $$$ a couple months after they shipped Nuk out of town. Now you want to be up in arms about the GM hire and not answer texts/phone calls? Very professional and not prima-donna-esque at all, no. Trade him for a massive haul, or let him sit and not get paid at all. It's on him, or at least act like an adult while trying to work through it. 

While I agree with sitting players who will not honor contract (being cut is part of it) and "in the loop" can mean many things but sitting will not work next year.  The salary cap will be reduced next year.  In order to keep him under contract they will need to have salary cap available for him even if he does not play for if they don't he will sign and they need to scramble to make space and players will tell agents not to restructure to help Texans.  Texans best chance is to find a coach he will accept and bring him in interview.  Despite Watson wanting Eric Bieniemy he is no Dr. Watson and he does not realize Texans are not interested in him probably for his extensive bad boy experience which makes it hard to be a head coach.

35 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

why would you want to bring high talent competition to the AFC East, especially at the QB position?  There’s already too many young studs in the AFC as it is!

Steel sharpens steel.  I don't want a bunch of cupcakes in the AFCE.

3 hours ago, Pokebball said:

Steel sharpens steel.  I don't want a bunch of cupcakes in the AFCE.

As demonstrated by the franchise outside of Boston over the last two decades, a bunch of cupcakes in the AFCE can get you some great shots at titles. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, LeviF91 said:

As demonstrated by the franchise outside of Boston over the last two decades, a bunch of cupcakes in the AFCE can get you some great shots at titles. 

Especially when cupcakes are laced with drugs like date rate drugs.

New England's successes should NEVER be mentioned with mentioning the cheating except by their fans.

If I am Watson, I'd be trying to force a trade to the NFC with my no trade clause. Yeah, you want to play and compete against the best and all that, but let's do that in the Super Bowl. Not in the divisional title game and conference championship game every single year. 

I know the two teams with the biggest assets are in the AFC, Jets and Dolphins. 

But who are the candidates in the NFC?

Bears...they've been killed for taking Turbitzky over Mahomes and Watson and now they have a chance to right that wrong. 

Saints... cap hell? So maybe not a realistic option.

Wash Football Team...Do you really want to hitch your wagon to Heineke or Kyle Allen?

Vikings...Cousins is Phillip Rivers 2.0 Nice stats but never good enough to get you over the top. Time for a change and youth movement.

Lions... See Cousins

Rams... if they have really soured on Goff, I could see this team making a move. They've shown they like to make big moves.

49ers...same as the Rams if they have soured on Jimmy G.

Eagles...Can't imagine Watson signing off on going to the Eagles.

Panthers… Bridgewater is not the future.

I think there are more teams in the NFC that should/could make a change. They just don't have the assets. Although with a lot of these, contract wise, Cousins, Goff and Stafford it's more of a somewhat even trade so less need to give up multiple first and second round picks. 

20 hours ago, mannc said:

Well, it’s kind of an unprecedented situation.  Usually having a QB like Watson assures that you won’t be shopping for a new HC and/or GM, but O’Brian’s incompetence simply beggared belief.  Do you doubt that Kraft would have consulted Brady if Belichick had suddenly retired a few years ago, or that KC would talk to Mahomes about the new coach if Andy Reid called it quits?

Yes. I do indeed, if Brady or Mahomes asked for the courtesy. Kraft without question, and whoever owns KC if he has any sense.

Pretty sure they would've reserved the right to listen and go another way. But I doubt it would've come to that. You absolutely need to keep those guys happy. Hell, apparently Kraft forced Belichick to trade Garoppolo because it's what Brady wanted, over Belichick's protests. Absolutely they would've given Brady a voice. Mahoes too.

• Agree 1

from what i've seen in this thread, jets, bears 9ers and panthers make the most sense, based on what i think is cap room and what they can offer/need.

perhaps a 3 way w NE sf and houston.

a dark horse i'll add: dallas.  if dak is too hurt, or if things have gone sour between him and jerry, i could see jerry pushing for the block buster trade to get the best qb in the state of texas.  watson is a national brand, and being in big D would suit him.

also, the nfc least is a pushover division, so he alone and a decent draft can put him in the playoffs.

beyond that, if i were him, i'd want to go to carolina.  some decent young players, and w brees retiring, matt ryan getting a bit older, and brady has what, 2 years left?  he could be the leader there.