Texans believe Watson has played his last snap for the team

Penfield45

2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

ah yes, the “shut up and dribble” argument. Enlightening.

Lol. You hear the players say it all the time when they want their pay day, “the NFL is a business”......  And Watson is just an employee. 

1 hour ago, Penfield45 said:

Jets and Dolphins favorites right now to get him. 

If the Texans trade him to another AFC team I hope their entire franchise goes up in flames. 

of course they are.  Gahhhh

Although, this Bills team shouldn’t fear any quarterback or team.  

Still...

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Praying for the Eagles. That seems to

make the most sense. Texans would be absolute idiots to trade him within the conference. 

Texans would be absolute idiots to trade him at all - he is under contract for a long time - and no way will they be able to replace him

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

of course they are.  Gahhhh

Although, this Bills team shouldn’t fear any quarterback or team.  

Still...

Cross off the Jets. Watson has a no trade clause and has control over where he goes. No way would he go to an even worse team. And the Jets owner isnt a walk in the park.

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Dallas has Dak. Browns have Mayfield. Cards have Murray, Chargers have Herbert- all seen as franchise QBs. Highly unlikely for those teams to seek a trade.

Dak is coming off injury and isn't under contract. Mayfield for Watson straight up is a duh move for the Browns. Murray for Watson is also a duh. LAC is listed on the "not calling for a trade" list. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Dak is coming off injury and isn't under contract. Mayfield for Watson straight up is a duh move for the Browns. Murray for Watson is also a duh. LAC is listed on the "not calling for a trade" list. 

True- I believe Dallas thinks Dak is their guy. We shall see but a top notch QB is to be had.

Wherever Watson goes the draft haul is going to be enormous. You're talking 3 1sts, probably a 2nd or two, and a couple of 3rd's. To me, this has Jon Gruden all over it. They could also throw Carr in the deal on return to Houston.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Wherever Watson goes the draft haul is going to be enormous. You're talking 3 1sts, probably a 2nd or two, and a couple of 3rd's. To me, this has Jon Gruden all over it. They could also throw Carr in the deal on return to Houston.  

That's an interesting idea.... lol at the Idea of a Carr going to Houston! 

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

I can think of nothing more valuable than a franchise QB, if they did trade him (why they Hell would you do that?) it would be the biggest haul seen in a long time.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

That's an interesting idea.... lol at the Idea of a Carr going to Houston! 

I mean they're going to need someone to play QB at least in the interim. I could see him being a bridge if nothing else. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Do each of his teammates have the same prerogative....to demand to be consulted and present?  And to be able to demand a trade if they are not?

What does the rest of the roster (you know, his team mates) think of him power moving to leave them in the dust?

Captain jumping ship?  Nice leadership trait..

From the SI article the rest of the roster is equally pissed. Anyone who had a market (only about 5 players) will look to get out if it is as bad as it sounds.

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Yep of those only LAC wouldn't at least give it very serious consideration.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

From the SI article the rest of the roster is equally pissed. Anyone who had a market (only about 5 players) will look to get out if it is as bad as it sounds.

Saying that, all players aren't created equal otherwise they would be paid as such. It's a silly argument. If Billy Bob who plays special teams is upset that Watson is upset and wants out, is that really the same?

4 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

Jets and Dolphins favorites right now to get him. 

If the Texans trade him to another AFC team I hope their entire franchise goes up in flames. 

Philadelphia is where I’d send him if I had to. Texans get Wentz, 1st 2021/2022, 2nd 2023

Edited by Solomon Grundy
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, BananaB said:

No he doesn’t, he’s an employee. Doesn’t matter what they told him, the guy paying the bills seen an opportunity to get a gm that they had pursued a couple years ago and he took it. Unless Watson wants to start chipping in on guys salaries he should just shut the ***** up, work hard and play. 

Yes, Massah...whatever you say, Massah...

• Haha (+1) 1