Texans believe Watson has played his last snap for the team

Penfield45

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

not even an outrageous suggestion. Watt is long gone. Apparently the Texans aren’t even going to attempt to convince him to stay. 

No, they'll likely cut him outright and not be able to move him. I think his cap number is like $15m if he's on the roster and 0 dead money if they cut him.

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Also, if I'm Frazier I cancel my interview.  

Nooooo! I want my 3rd round picks!

21 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

If he goes to the AFCE I will lose my *****.

This is where I’m at. I could care less about Watson or the Texans. I just DONT want to see Watson in the AFC East, preferably not in the AFC at all. We finally have control of this division after 20 long years. I don’t want something like this screwing it up. 

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

*Whole league clamoring for Watson* 

*Brandon Beane Sliding into Easterbe's DM's: "Yeah, hi... I'll take JJ Watt for this Ford Pinto. Great. Thanks."

Beane and his Jedi mind tricks. I would love to have 3 good years of JJ Watt on this team.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

It feels like a forgone conclusion that he's gonna be in Pittsburgh or GB, but I wouldn't hate having him if he's cheap. 

I dunno, we're in the AFC Championship with a young QB, Pittsburgh is going to be a mess of a team while they attempt to replace Ben and while Aaron is certainly playing at a high level, has he ever spoken about how long he's going to play?

I think if JJ really wants to compete for a Super Bowl for the next 5 years, we're one of the teams that's set up to do it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Luka said:

I dunno, we're in the AFC Championship with a young QB, Pittsburgh is going to be a mess of a team while they attempt to replace Ben and while Aaron is certainly playing at a high level, has he ever spoken about how long he's going to play?

I think if JJ really wants to compete for a Super Bowl for the next 5 years, we're one of the teams that's set up to do it.

Steelers is cause of his brother, and him being a good fit on the defense. 

Greenbay is cause he grew up in Wisconsin. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Luka said:

good point. If Pitt’s QB situation was settled I’d think of course he’s gonna go there and play with his brothers. But Ben is toast so who knows.

Ownership is the biggest problem here.

McNair is letting too many people do jobs they aren't qualified for.

Starting with BOB as GM, then moving on to this Easterby character, whose qualifications for being employed as an NFL anything, appear to amount to leading prayers around the Patriots facility.

You also don't tell the most important piece of the team you are going to involve him before making decisions, and then go ahead and make those decisions regardless - even if it's your right. Heck, if McNair had told Watson he was getting no say in this from the get go, he might be pissed, but he might also be prepared to wait and see how things panned out.

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

But worse.  They will destroy their remaining ability to attract quality free agents and coaches.  The locker room will be poisoned.  I’m telling you it will lead to McNair having to sell.  You simply cannot do it.

Sure you can!  The tire fire that's the Jets seems to be dying down.  Better send a couple of pumpers back to the firehouse so they can respond when Houston erupts in flames. 😁

19 minutes ago, mannc said:

He has every right to. The jackass that ownership hired before burned the franchise to ground. They are not smart.

No he doesn’t, he’s an employee. Doesn’t matter what they told him, the guy paying the bills seen an opportunity to get a gm that they had pursued a couple years ago and he took it. Unless Watson wants to start chipping in on guys salaries he should just shut the ***** up, work hard and play. 

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

43 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Receivers get traded.  It happens a lot actually.  Franchise QBs in their primes do not.

Remember we are talking about what a human would do “never challenge worse“ management there totally screwed the pooch, this problem is of their making, they certainly have the mindset to make things worse. Look what ownership has already allowed to happen. 

This is gonna be fun to watch this horror story play out, popcorn anyone 🍿🍿...

1 minute ago, BananaB said:

No he doesn’t, he’s an employee. Doesn’t matter what they told him, the guy paying the bills seen an opportunity to get a gm that they had pursued a couple years ago and he took it. Unless Watson wants to start chipping in on guys salaries he should just shut the ***** up, work hard and play. 

ah yes, the “shut up and dribble” argument. Enlightening.

• Agree 2