Texans believe Watson has played his last snap for the team

Penfield45

6 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Team went 4-12 w Watson at the helm.  He sits on the sidelines and cries w a towel over his head after a loss.  I don't want a B word like that leading my team.  

When you are 4-12 everyone is replaceable.  

*sigh*
if you think wins and losses are individual stats then carry on I guess.

Aaron Donald was crying yesterday after losing. Is Donald a “b-word” as well?

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, BananaB said:

I find this situation so funny. Employee mad because the owner didn’t consult him on who he wanted him to hire. 

Watson is a ***** baby. 

My understanding was that they specifically said he'd have an opinon/role and then they cut him out. If so, that's understandable frustration. 

Also, lets not forget that it's possible to have Desaun Watson and still suck (clearly) so teams that can offer a kings ransom for him have to be one of two things: Rebuilding with a ton of extra draft capital (Jets, Jags, Phins) or ready to compete now needing a QB. How many teams can afford to lose 6 or more premier picks over the next 3 years and be okay, even with a good QB? 

That's why the 49ers make the most sense to me. They have a roster that would instantly compete for the SB with Watson dropped in there. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Texans have really screwed this up.

How hard is it just to sit down with your quarterback and pick his brain about who he would like as a coach / GM and maybe discuss some candidates.

How hard is it to have the guy in the room when you do an interview? I just don't get it !

I'm old school too....and I know these NFL execs don't want to give players the power that they have in the NBA... but really it's so easy to respectfully involve someone, espcially if , as reported, they promised him some involvement.

Texans are a joke....feel sorry for their fans.

Edited by RichRiderBills

5 minutes ago, BananaB said:

I find this situation so funny. Employee mad because the owner didn’t consult him on who he wanted him to hire. 

Watson is a ***** baby. 

He has every right to. The jackass that ownership hired before burned the franchise to ground. They are not smart.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wow guess he doesn’t give a ***** about his teammate Tua

Best case scenario for us might be the Dolphins making a play for him (plus all their players salivating on social media over him) only to miss out/he not get traded and the Dolphins then being like: 

"eyyyyy Tua, my man.... You are just... the best...."

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Watson just signed a HUGE extension with them last offseason. 

He knew what was going on and what he was getting himself into. This is a poor looking move on his end, in my opinion. 

he did make a big mistake - he trusted the word of the owner.

• Like (+1) 1

The Texans just can't get out of their own way. Just light a match and walk away as the stadium burns down. That place has torn itself down to the ground already.

Edited by MJS
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

*Whole league clamoring for Watson* 

*Brandon Beane Sliding into Easterbe's DM's: "Yeah, hi... I'll take JJ Watt for this Ford Pinto. Great. Thanks."

not even an outrageous suggestion. Watt is long gone. Apparently the Texans aren’t even going to attempt to convince him to stay. 

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

He has every right to. The jackass that ownership hired before burned the franchise to ground. They are not smart.

Do each of his teammates have the same prerogative....to demand to be consulted and present?  And to be able to demand a trade if they are not?

What does the rest of the roster (you know, his team mates) think of him power moving to leave them in the dust?

Captain jumping ship?  Nice leadership trait..

• Agree 2