Texans believe Watson has played his last snap for the team

Penfield45

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Receivers get traded.  It happens a lot actually.  Franchise QBs in their primes do not.

Point is if you have the second best receiver in the league and a franchise QB for him to throw to you don't look to get rid of either. Agreed that the QB takes precedent 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Bear in mind that Schefter is often a shill for the agents.

It is one thing for a team to trade away a pick that might be used to draft a high-potential franchise QB.

It is another thing for a team to trade away an actual, proven, franchise QB

I don't see how a GM or GM/Coach combination could possibly recover from that unless they got a sure-fire franchise QB at least as good or better in return.

Moreover, if they trade Watson, the Texans immediately eat $21.6M of dead cap.  Right now, they're something like $17.6M in the red.

Unless the Texans are tremendously stupid, they tell Watson that they have $21.6M plus 5 contract years of reasons to sit tight and tell him to GTF over his feelings.

Now the Texans HAVE been tremendously stupid, but allegedly those people have left the building.

Team went 4-12 w Watson at the helm.  He sits on the sidelines and cries w a towel over his head after a loss.  I don't want a B word like that leading my team.  

When you are 4-12 everyone is replaceable.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I'm sure the Dolphins are a "favorite" not sure how the Jets are considering Watson has final say on where he goes. 

Just know plenty of teams in the NFC need a QB.  

Bears 

Eagles 

WFT

Carolina 

49ers 

Giants

Basically the whole conference minus Green Bay and Tampa

Guaranteed the Cardinals would swap Murray for him.  Or consider it strongly.  

new Orleans probably tempted 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Team went 4-12 w Watson at the helm.  He sits on the sidelines and cries w a towel over his head after a loss.  I don't want a B word like that leading my team.  

We have a new winner!  Thought it would take longer.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Jets and Dolphins definitely have the picks to make it work.  If Texans get what they want i doubt they will care if it’s AFC or NFC.  

Should take more then picks in this draft not named Lawrence, Tua, or Darnold to make it happen.  

12 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

If I were the Jets, I’d start the offer with their 1st and 2nd picks this year and Darnold for Watson.

Miami could offer 2 1sts this year and Tua.

I think both Tua and Darnold could be good with some weapons an round them, but Watson is very good.

You think Watson will approve a trade to the Jets?!? Miami, for sure. 

1 minute ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Contender for worst post of the year.

• Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They’ll get a haul because of the bidding war.  But it won’t be equal value.  There is none.  There are like 5 guys on the planet with his proven ability.

Fair enough... What I mean by that is there won't be any "they have to trade him so lets sit back and wait for their price to come down." discount. If he gets moved it'll be the biggest comp package in history.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think Tampa belongs on that list. I would add Cincy and probably Jax.

Cincy is borderline. I would doubt they'd give up as much as all that is required...

Here's a question though... Lawrence (#1) + what gets Watson?

5 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

So stupid. 

Edited by whatdrought

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Watson compounded the situation because they didn't hire a GM of his preference.

Not exactly true and it’s 100% on the owner for jerking him around. And unlike your theories we KNOW that’s true because if it wasn’t Cal would’ve came out immediately and said he did not promise to consult Watson on these hires. In fact, McNair did the opposite and confirmed it.

I'm not sure there has been anything comparable ever in NFL history if the Texans choose to trade Watson. Certainly not modern NFL history. You have a proven YOUNG franchise QB, which we as fans should all recognise how hard they are to come by, and you trade him away? In my mind, it's nonsensical.

Edited by Wayne Cubed
  • Like (+1) 4