Texans believe Watson has played his last snap for the team

Penfield45

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Bear in mind that Schefter is often a shill for the agents.

It is one thing for a team to trade away a pick that might be used to draft a high-potential franchise QB.

It is another thing for a team to trade away an actual, proven, franchise QB

I don't see how a GM or GM/Coach combination could possibly recover from that unless they got a sure-fire franchise QB at least as good or better in return.

Moreover, if they trade Watson, the Texans immediately eat $21.6M of dead cap.  Right now, they're something like $17.6M in the red.

Unless the Texans are tremendously stupid, they tell Watson that they have $21.6M plus 5 contract years of reasons to sit tight and tell him to GTF over his feelings.

Now the Texans HAVE been tremendously stupid, but allegedly those people have left the building.

Agreed. A true franchise QB, in his prime, not coming back from serious injury, getting traded? I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

It's a one way ticket to becoming the drought-era Bills.

But worse.  They will destroy their remaining ability to attract quality free agents and coaches.  The locker room will be poisoned.  I’m telling you it will lead to McNair having to sell.  You simply cannot do it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

And so what? That stuff all happened before they lied to him and he pulled this move.  Clearly none of that was a deal-breaker.

It's a mess and both sides are to blame.

The real problem is, like I just mentioned, is that Houston simply cannot get equal value for him.

All teams know the situation is bad and the Texans cannot get a Herschel Walker-like haul in return.

• Like (+1) 1

If the Texans dump him, they deserve everything coming their way. Morons empowered the disaster Bill O’Brien who ruined the team around him. Now they seem to favor this slimy Jack Easterby character who supposedly won’t have anything to do with the football operation. Over your franchise QB?!?! Are you F’n kidding me. 

Dump him to the NFC if you do get rid of him. At least be smart about something. 

13 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Jets and Dolphins favorites right now to get him. 

If the Texans trade him to another AFC team I hope their entire franchise goes up in flames. 

where are you getting the Jets from? Because they hired Saleh?

I understand Miami since it was reported he’d waive his no-trade to go there.

4 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Jets and Dolphins definitely have the picks to make it work.  If Texans get what they want i doubt they will care if it’s AFC or NFC.  

No one has the picks to make that work.

Look, I don't care how well-regarded a guy is in college, there's still overall something between a 20-30% chance even a 1st round pick makes it as a QB in the NFL.  50% may be for a guy drafted in the top-3 picks.

An established, proven franchise QB (not just an "I can win with this guy and a team around him", a "give him a target or two and he can put the team on his back" guy) is not something you give up for any number of picks.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3