1/17/21 Division Round: Browns at Chiefs 3:05 pm on CBS

I wouldnt put it past the NFL to advocate Mahomes play because of the fact it is the AFC Championship as is obvious the pressure to he be cleared will be enormous and you KNOW Mahomes will want to play regardless if he is healthy or not.

But.,,yeah theres a But...BUT if he really is concussed will he be the QB they are accustomed to seeing? I would think No......and the fact the assessment is supposed to be by an "impartial independent" evaluation...will that type of physician be bowed under pressure? Not if he wants to uphold his hypocratic oath he wont.  So if he is cleared when in fact he shouldnt have been shame on them. If he isnt cleared and people whine Im not gonna lose sleep over it. I mean I get it, NFL super bowl appearances and the chance to appear in one is a huge deal. If he truly is well enough to play then so be it.  May the better team win as it should be. Injuries are a part of the game. NO ASTERICS DAMMIT

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I was wondering what others thought about the concussion so I dug this up in the game day thread.

This is my theory as well.  He just had a lot of sudden deceleration of his head which was sufficient to cause the concussion, despite the fact his head never hit the turf.

Years ago I had a colleague who mentioned that he had received so many concussions playing hockey as a kid growing up that he could just quickly jerk his head forward and give himself a concussion!  True story.

I think that's what happened to Mahomes.

He was pretty wobbly from the concussion.  I don't think you can draw any conclusions about how quickly he will return based on what happened.  This stuff can be quirky and recovery can vary a lot from incident to incident.

The fact that he looked pretty woozy doesn't mean his recovery time will be longer or shorter.

are you a physician?

I didn't think it was going to happen, but I was hoping the Browns were going to win. I couldn't go to the first two games, but I would have been able to go if the Browns didn't gag. Oh well. I'll have my tickets paid for next season. That is if they don't increase prices.

56 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

@stosh64 if you're going to eye roll, at least explain. You'd rather play KC on the road then? I still think we can beat KC but I'm expecting Mahomes to be back and I just think they have too many weapons plus Andy Reid. Thought Cleveland would be a better match up because as we just saw, their defense is a dumpster fire. 

This was your comment.

For anyone still thinking they'd rather play KC next week, just watch Chad Henne moving the ball on this Cleveland defense and reconsider all your life's choices.

Eye roll was on the excess drama about "reconsider all your life's choices".  There is too much drama in the world.

I don't care who we play, neither team scares me.  I think we are better than either.  If we play KC I would rather play them w/ Mahomes.

Edited by stosh64
  • Like (+1) 1

First time I really just watched Mayfield outside of a bit here and there and his Oklahoma days.

You give him 2-3 seconds in the pocket and he is surprisingly accurate. Less floaters and bad decisions than his college days.

On hurried throws he lacks the zip and turfed a few. Not sure about a game plan the featured a lot of Chubb as a receiver out of the backfield....

Interesting game and it will be pretty cool watching these young QBs grow.

34 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

This was your comment.

Eye roll was on the excess drama about "reconsider all your life's choices".  There is too much drama in the world.

I don't care who we play, neither team scares me.  I think we are better than either.  If we play KC I would rather play them w/ Mahomes.

Ok fair enough man, agree about there being too much drama in the world, it's been a crazy year.

Just a bad attempt at a joke on my part...just thought the Cleveland defense is terrible and therefore we'd be able to score a ton of points on them. Not scared of KC either even if Mahomes plays...the Bills are a great team and if we don't beat ourselves, most other teams don't stand a chance. 

All the best, Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I wonder if the Bills will have 2 different game plans - one for Mahomes and one for Henne? They likely won’t know what QB they’re facing until at least friday (if concussion protocols is at least 5 days as I saw another poster say).

It makes sense to prepare comprehensively for Mahomes, with a little bit of side work for Henne. 

Assume Mahomes goes.

If and when he doesn't, switch to Plan B with Henne, even if based on little prep time.

If Henne goes, we win the game, period.