1/17/21 Division Round: Browns at Chiefs 3:05 pm on CBS

4 minutes ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

Step 1: Rest and recovery. This one is simple. ...

Step 2: Light aerobic activities. The player can participate in things like riding a stationary bike or treadmill. ...

Step 3: More aerobic exercise and strength training. ...

Step 4: Football specific activities. ...

Step 5: Full football activity.

An independent neurologist is involved during these steps.

The average length of time a player misses is 19 days.  But this did not look like a wicked hit to me.  We won't really know more until later in the week.

I think the fact that the hit didn't look that bad, but he still looked like he had just been punched by Mike Tyson leads me to believe it could be something more serious than it appeared.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m a doc. Absolutely no way Mahomes will be ready to play in 6 days after the spaghetti legs he demonstrated trying to stand up. That’s not a minor concussion when you lose balance and motor function.

That being said, I 100% expect Mahomes to play given the NFL will push him through the protocol “independent docs” be damned.

I couldn’t care less either way. We can beat this team with or without Mahomes in KC and I hope he does play for the narrative. For his health I hope he sits.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

My 1st post game thought is there is no way Matt Barkley wins that game in the same scenario. 

Is there anything you can’t be negative about?  Neither Barkley nor Henne had anything to do with the lame offense the Browns mustered with the game on the line.  The Browns could have had five more drives with the game on the line and not cashed in.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RunTheBall said:

I’m a doc. Absolutely no way Mahomes will be ready to play in 6 days after the spaghetti legs he demonstrated trying to stand up. That’s not a minor concussion when you lose balance and motor function.

That being said, I 100% expect Mahomes to play given the NFL will push him through the protocol “independent docs” be damned.

I couldn’t care less either way. We can beat this team with or without Mahomes in KC and I hope he does play for the narrative. For his health I hope he sits.

Ive had one that bad. I agree

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Is there anything you can’t be negative about?  Neither Barkley nor Henne had anything to do with the lame offense the Browns mustered with the game on the line.  The Browns could have had five more drives with the game on the line and not cashed in.

A lot of things. I'm what you call a non homer, call it as I see it. Many people are concerned with our backup QB. Hopefully we never need him. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

That is the correct take.

Sonja Henie didn’t beat the Clowns.

Faker Mayfield FUBARed it! He had 1.5 Quarters to get 2TDs.
He could not. Epic failure.

That and the Andrew Bynum Clown from the First Half! 

16 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

I will not be surprised to see Stills active for next week. The best thing the Bills have done all year? Proving a LOT of people wrong 

Doubt it. Just use McKenzie more. 4 injuries to monitor this week for kc:

1. Mahomes of course

2. breeland the cb

3. Watkins 

4. CEH

5 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Funny about it. Didn’t look that bad, until he stood up. It was the twist + whack on the melon.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Special K said:

I think the fact that the hit didn't look that bad, but he still looked like he had just been punched by Mike Tyson leads me to believe it could be something more serious than it appeared.

I think myself, along with most Bills fans and  NFL fans in general all hope Mahomes will be okay.  This could happen to any QB any time.  Mahomes has had a huge positive impact on the NFL and the Chiefs, as well as the surrounding states in that area.  In South Dakota they Mahomes has made a big positive impact. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

A lot of things. I'm what you call a non homer, call it as I see it. Many people are concerned with our backup QB. Hopefully we never need him. 

I hope you continue to be ridiculously wrong for two more games.

5 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Funny about it. Didn’t look that bad, until he stood up. It was the twist + whack on the melon.

I don't think I've ever seen somebody get so wobbly from a concussion in a game.

Part of me would be surprised if it wasn't a missed game for him....My first reaction was that he actually hurt something else like his neck or shoulder. 

Or that other injury he had in foot got worse.

Edited by RichRiderBills

4 minutes ago, dakrider said:

I think myself, along with most Bills fans and  NFL fans in general all hope Mahomes will be okay.  This could happen to any QB any time.  Mahomes has had a huge positive impact on the NFL and the Chiefs, as well as the surrounding states in that area.  In South Dakota they Mahomes has made a big positive impact. 

Me too. Im not keen on us backdooring in. Wanted this game all season.

Last time that happened Bo went out and we won 51-3 but lost to G Men. 

24 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Ratio of flags thrown will be 18 for Bills, 4 for the Chiefs.

Although some of the holds ala take downs were pretty obvious. I thought they were a bit too eager on the DPIs compared to most crews this year.

Almost forgot how much I didn't miss a flag filled game.

30 minutes ago, Figster said:

I feel for them beaten by one one of the worst rules in football IMO. Its a game altering brain fart of a rule and it needs to be adressed by the league IMO.

AFC Championsip game Muppy !!!!

It should have never mattered that he fumbled that ball because the hit was a text book example illegal helmet to helmet hit right in front of the official who HAD to have seen the Cleveland players whiplash move of his neck as he was hit. Just unbelievable how none of these officials called it. Game changing hit and it was clearly illegal!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BFLO said:

A concussion is when your brain slams into your skull, your skull slamming into something external is not required, but is common. Watch that play at full speed and watch how fast his head whips down. He's concussed. 

I was wondering what others thought about the concussion so I dug this up in the game day thread.

This is my theory as well.  He just had a lot of sudden deceleration of his head which was sufficient to cause the concussion, despite the fact his head never hit the turf.

Years ago I had a colleague who mentioned that he had received so many concussions playing hockey as a kid growing up that he could just quickly jerk his head forward and give himself a concussion!  True story.

I think that's what happened to Mahomes.

11 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I don't think I've ever seen somebody get so wobbly from a concussion in a game.

Part of me would be surprised if it wasn't a missed game for him....My first reaction was that he actually hurt something else like his neck or shoulder. 

Or that other injury he had in foot got worse.

He was pretty wobbly from the concussion.  I don't think you can draw any conclusions about how quickly he will return based on what happened.  This stuff can be quirky and recovery can vary a lot from incident to incident.

The fact that he looked pretty woozy doesn't mean his recovery time will be longer or shorter.