1/17/21 Division Round: Browns at Chiefs 3:05 pm on CBS

Just now, nkreed said:

When watching that replay, the ball is broken free as a result of the got to the head/spine. NOT ONE PLAYER in the league would hold on. A shot there twitches all muscles.

I didn't realize until the replay he drilled the ball carrier with his helmet. No flag! BS! It's KC right? Can't make it close can we. 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Dumbest rule in football right here.

I will never understand how they can call that a touchback.

If he fumbles 2 inches the other way, it’s first and goal from the 2 inch yard line.

But if he fumbles out of bounds 2 Inches farther into the end zone, it’s first and 10 chiefs on the 20..

Makes perfect sense..

I’d be fine with the rule if it had happened to the Chiefs. 

That said, most rules are made for a reason and I’m trying to figure out what that rule is trying to prevent? Maybe getting to the 1-2yard line and getting contact from a defender so just chucking it into the end zone in hopes your teammate will pick it up? 

Edited by stevestojan

not sure what the strategy against KC will be.  Need to contain so many weapons.  We did a great job against the ravens TEs, so need to do that and contain Hill.  

not sure what the strategy against KC will be.  Need to contain so many weapons.  We did a great job against the ravens TEs, so need to do that and contain Hill.  

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

The Browns have to blitz Mahomes the entire 2nd half. The NFL protects the shield and their flawed refs by not implementing a common sense college rule to review helmet to helmet. It should have been 1st & goal inside the 1. Good luck spinning this Goodell. So much for player safety? 

What's even more amazing is that just two years ago in the playoffs this helmet to helmet PI happened and the controversy was gigantic. Yet the league doesnt drill its officials to watch for this kind of contact? In the playoffs no less?

Just now, stevestojan said:

I’d be fine with the rule of it had happened to the Chiefs. 

That said, most rules are made for a reason and I’m trying to figure out what that rule is trying to prevent? Maybe getting to the 1-2yard line and getting contact from a defender so just chucking it into the end zone in hopes your teammate will pick it up? 

I get that. But give them a penalty or something if they fumble it out of the end zone .

To lose a possession and giving the ball to the other team at the 20 just seems asinine to me.

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

You can say that again!

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, y2zipper said:

I bet there's a reason why that fumble rule is in place. 

Bad fundamentals for the Browns there though. Against the spangola d those screens are there, but 2 drops and a fumble. You just don't extend the ball like that.

The yards are free but the possession is not.

It reminds me of that Bryce Brown fumble that went through Chandler's legs out of the back of the endzone.  If it's fourth and goal teams could purposely fumble it if they come up short of the goal line.  I don't agree with the rule but that's the alternative explanation.