1/17/21 Division Round: Browns at Chiefs 3:05 pm on CBS

I am conflicted:

1) super-cool to see an AFC Championship in Buffalo so Go Browns!

2) I'm sure Stefanski's a good guy and has done good stuff with Baker, but I just can't root for Baker Mayfield and the Browns.  I thought that much-vaunted game with the Ravens was just horridly ugly, and that the Steelers shot themselves in the cojones.

I feel if we're "on" our game, we can handle either of these teams.  KC is overall the better team, and the Browns are more of a mismatch for us with the strong run game but more of a passing game than the Ravens.

• Like (+1) 1

Feel the same about it.  It's more intuitive to root for the Browns - but the NFL is all about match-ups, and part of me thinks that we actually might match up better w/ the Chiefs.  

I just want good games today. I'm usually wrong when I start to overthink who would be better to play.

• Like (+1) 1

Watkins inactive 

Chiefs declared WR Sammy Watkins, RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, CB Rashad Fenton, LB Willie Gay, OT Martinas, Rankin DE, Tim Ward, and DT Khalen Saunders inactive for the Divisional Round against the Browns.

Browns declared WR Marvin Hall, CB Brian Allen, S Jovante Moffatt, T Alex Taylor, WR Alexander Hollins, TE Kyle Markway, and DE Joe Jackson inactive for the Divisional Round against the Chiefs.

Edited by Virgil

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I am conflicted:

2) I'm sure Stefanski's a good guy and has done good stuff with Baker, but I just can't root for Baker Mayfield and the Browns.  I thought that much-vaunted game with the Ravens was just horridly ugly, and that the Steelers shot themselves in the cojones.

I feel if we're "on" our game, we can handle either of these teams.  KC is overall the better team, and the Browns are more of a mismatch for us with the strong run game but more of a passing game than the Ravens.

feel the exact same way. It will be interesting to see how the game goes and what team I will emotionally be drawn to. 

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Watkins inactive 

Chiefs declared WR Sammy Watkins, RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, CB Rashad Fenton, LB Willie Gay, OT Martinas, Rankin DE, Tim Ward, and DT Khalen Saunders inactive for the Divisional Round against the Browns.

Browns declared WR Marvin Hall, CB Brian Allen, S Jovante Moffatt, T Alex Taylor, WR Alexander Hollins, TE Kyle Markway, and DE Joe Jackson inactive for the Divisional Round against the Chiefs.

Wow, that's quite a list.  Edwards-Helaire a big loss for the Chiefs.

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I am conflicted:

Pretty simple. Would you rather face Baker Mayfield at home or Patrick Mahomes in Arrowhead with a trip to the dance on the line? 

I'm happy with our chances either way, but it's a totally different game if it's the Browns.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Success said:

Feel the same about it.  It's more intuitive to root for the Browns - but the NFL is all about match-ups, and part of me thinks that we actually might match up better w/ the Chiefs.  

I just want good games today. I'm usually wrong when I start to overthink who would be better to play.

I feel the same.  I’m not sure that the Browns are the better matchup as their offensive line is dominant and they have the best RB tandem in the NFL.  They also are very effective at the play action not to mention they have one of the best edge rushers in the league.   

I suppose I would rather play the Browns but I think they matchup pretty well against us.

37 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I am conflicted:

Me too. I hate the Browns, but playing them may be a better match up than the cheifs. We just need to beat whoever we play next week 

31 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Watkins inactive 

Watkins is inactive?  That’s shocking.

46 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I am conflicted:

Im with you...but getting the home game is all that matters to me, so rooting for Brownies.

Ive softened on my dislike for Mayfield...he's toned down his cocky stuff.

I also want a revenge game for 1989....we've never faced them in Playoffs since!