Do You Think the Old Bills Players Reacted Like Fans ?

T master

3 hours ago, Gen2 said:

I've often wondered how ex players react to a game ... I mean REALLY react and not put on a show for us fans (especially if the player had a long and illustrious career like a Reed or Kelly et al). I would think that since they've played the sport at high levels their entire life from peewee through high school, college and the pros they would have a sense of "been there done that" and wouldn't get as amped up as us average fans who only get to vicariously taste glory through their exploits.

I'm sure if they had spent all of their career (or a major part of it) with a single team they would watch with interest, and even get a bit of pride with a hard fought win against a team rival, or a good playoff run, or Super bowl win, but I just have a hard time envisioning Kelly jumping around his living room hooting and hollering over a good play in the second quarter of the second game of the season against the Jags (not that a sophisticated fan such as myself would ever conduct himself in such a manner).

I would assume to a certain percentage of players, the game was just a business and once they left it they have little or no interest to follow it at any level, another group maybe follows the game to keep up with players and friends they've played with but once they leave stop watching, another group just love the game and watch but more on an analytical level than at a "crazed fan level". 

Having been lucky enough to have been in the background at one of JK's after game parties I was amazed at the amount of good natured ribbing they did to each other and their reactions - just like us common folks - to highlights from the game and the excitement of Berman and Tom reviewing the game.  It was an awesome highlight in my Fandom.

They are human like us and get jacked and pissed like us too.  I would gather that some of them are ho hum about the team once they leave but I sincerely do not think Kelly is in that group at all.  Perhaps Bruce is due to the way he was shown the door but usually time heals all wounds, not always but usually.

I'll stay with my vision in that I Billieve a few of them are pretty pumped by the big plays......pumped as in losing it like I might, maybe, sometimes possibly do?  Perhaps....or perhaps not.

8 hours ago, Kwai San said:

I would venture a one Jim Kelly was LOSING his mind as was Mr. Smith, Andre and Thurman.  Tally was proally wearing his spiderman outfit losing it too!!!  Tasker was just smoking his cigar and thinking of how cilly it was.  Even if NONE of that happened in real life it happened in my mind so I am good with that!  It is a cluttered space up there!

GO BILLS!!!!!!

I was exchanging tweets with Janine ( ja9) Talley yesterday prior to the game. She tweeted about Bruce and Darryl dicussing gap control and asked how the rest of bills fans were doing.  Was nice exchange. So I assume Darryl and Bruce were enjoying the day greatly. Tim grahmn had Darryl on his podcast earlier I. The week dicussung Baltimore. Was great seeing Darryl. He actually said it was Kelly’s fault and not Harmon dropping the pass in the 89 game, said ball was overthrown. Grahmn said he would revisit the video. Can check the podcast.  Darryl looked good. I miss his intensity / leadership. Nobody looks as good in spidey spandex! 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Gen2 said:

I've often wondered how ex players react to a game ... I mean REALLY react and not put on a show for us fans (especially if the player had a long and illustrious career like a Reed or Kelly et al). I would think that since they've played the sport at high levels their entire life from peewee through high school, college and the pros they would have a sense of "been there done that" and wouldn't get as amped up as us average fans who only get to vicariously taste glory through their exploits.

I'm sure if they had spent all of their career (or a major part of it) with a single team they would watch with interest, and even get a bit of pride with a hard fought win against a team rival, or a good playoff run, or Super bowl win, but I just have a hard time envisioning Kelly jumping around his living room hooting and hollering over a good play in the second quarter of the second game of the season against the Jags (not that a sophisticated fan such as myself would ever conduct himself in such a manner).

I would assume to a certain percentage of players, the game was just a business and once they left it they have little or no interest to follow it at any level, another group maybe follows the game to keep up with players and friends they've played with but once they leave stop watching, another group just love the game and watch but more on an analytical level than at a "crazed fan level". 

With all due respect you haven't been paying attention then.  A lot of these guys are HUGE Bills fans now.  On Twitter you can always see a lot of tweets of excitement by the alumni Bills players and even their wives.  Kelly is a huge Bills fan.  I have seen tons of videos of him going nuts in his livingroom during Bills games that his wife puts out there on Twitter.  He even has his own season tickets for the home games.  

17 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Having been lucky enough to have been in the background at one of JK's after game parties I was amazed at the amount of good natured ribbing they did to each other and their reactions - just like us common folks - to highlights from the game and the excitement of Berman and Tom reviewing the game.  It was an awesome highlight in my Fandom.

They are human like us and get jacked and pissed like us too.  I would gather that some of them are ho hum about the team once they leave but I sincerely do not think Kelly is in that group at all.  Perhaps Bruce is due to the way he was shown the door but usually time heals all wounds, not always but usually.

I'll stay with my vision in that I Billieve a few of them are pretty pumped by the big plays......pumped as in losing it like I might, maybe, sometimes possibly do?  Perhaps....or perhaps not.

One of my favorite tweets I've seen all season was after we beat the Bronco's to clinch the AFC East, Thurman's wife tweeted out "Party at Jim and Jill's basement tonight" :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I follow Darryl’s wife Janine Talley on Twitter, and she did mention a couple times the last few weeks how much Darryl and the guys were texting and calling each other, not just during but in between the games, strategizing, “game planning” just as excitedly as if they were still playing. 

There’s also a great video that Thurman’s wife Patricia tweeted. Someone caught Thurman dancing in his seat in the clubs the other night, I’ll try to find it. 

EDIT, found it:

Edited by jimmy10
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Three 1st's, three 2nd's, two 3rds and 2 quality players if you want Watson.

That should be the start of any conversation between the Texans and the team that wants Watson.

If I am the Texans, I am NOT accepting anything less than that for a top 5-10 QB in a QB-driven league.