Bills Bromance

Virgil

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

My buddy is a Steelers fan and said to hold off on the whole Bromance thing. He saw the same thing over the years with Ben R and AB (and other WR’s, like Santonio and E. Sanders). Those guys would hang out together and have their 3-year sons run routes, etc.  of course, we all know how it ended.

His point was that WR’s are a strange bunch, and all that bromance stuff quickly goes out the window when the WR isn’t getting the ball.

Not saying that will be an issue with Diggs And JA— but I think that is a fair  point. 

As a Bills fan living in Steeler country, I agree with your friends point about Big Ben and prior Steeler Wrs.

However, biggest difference is Ben vs Allen.  Ben has matured over the years, especially since he settled down and had a child, but that guy was a true douche bag.  Still has some of those tendencies too.

Josh is the complete opposite than Ben, character-wise...and you could say work ethic too, Ben was known to be lazy and be overweight coming into training camp every season.

So long story short, not worried about it.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

As a Bills fan living in Steeler country, I agree with your friends point about Big Ben and prior Steeler Wrs.

However, biggest difference is Ben vs Allen.  Ben has matured over the years, especially since he settled down and had a child, but that guy was a true douche bag.  Still has some of those tendencies too.

Josh is the complete opposite than Ben, character-wise...and you could say work ethic too, Ben was known to be lazy and be overweight coming into training camp every season.

agree with this completely. Even the “new and improved Ben,” can be very “mercurial,” for lack of a better term. Sort of an odd guy to get along with, I think. I am sure you know this well— but he would do weird things, like say strange things to the media about his receivers, or contradict the coaches on the status of his injuries. 

• Like (+1) 2

One of the fun things to watch this season. Even if the Bills weren't my team I'd be pulling for them. Young teams on the rise just have a contagious enthusiasm. Even guys who've been overlooked all season who we might expect to be pouting like Trent Murphy and Tyler Kroft are right there cheerleading for their teammates and are ready to contribute when finally called on.

And I don't know if I'm being too optimistic here, but in these times it's refreshing to see a team that doesn't appear to have much of a racial divide. I'm not talking about politics; I'm talking about something more basic, just guys hanging out with each other, being friends off the field. A lot of pro sports teams simply aren't that way ...

6 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Ben’s also a rapist. There’s that difference. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

My buddy is a Steelers fan and said to hold off on the whole Bromance thing. He saw the same thing over the years with Ben R and AB (and other WR’s, like Santonio and E. Sanders). Those guys would hang out together and have their 3-year sons run routes, etc.  of course, we all know how it ended.

His point was that WR’s are a strange bunch, and all that bromance stuff quickly goes out the window when the WR isn’t getting the ball.

Not saying that will be an issue with Diggs And JA— but I think that is a fair  point. 

Except Josh is a genuine dude and Ben is a rapist and a douche.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 1

https://www.golongtd.com/p/the-perfect-storm-how-stefon-diggs

A blizzard of this magnitude requires juuuustthe right amount of barometric pressure. So in truth, in Buffalo, it’s been three-plus years in the making. The search for a No. 1 wide receiver began almost immediately: Sean McDermott’s first draft in 2017. 

That night, McDermott was smitten with Zay Jones.

The wide receivers coach he had just hired (Phil McGeoghan) coached Jones at East Carolina so the Bills gave serious consideration to drafting Jones at No. 27 overall after, gulp, trading out of the No. 10 pick that landed Patrick Mahomes. They were close — very close — to pulling the trigger. After further discussion, the Bills instead opted to wait and draft the cornerback who was higher on their board: Tre’Davious White. And they got their receiver in the second round.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

https://www.golongtd.com/p/the-perfect-storm-how-stefon-diggs

A blizzard of this magnitude requires juuuustthe right amount of barometric pressure. So in truth, in Buffalo, it’s been three-plus years in the making. The search for a No. 1 wide receiver began almost immediately: Sean McDermott’s first draft in 2017. 

Thanks for sharing this. I wouldn't have found it on my own and tremendously enjoyed reading it.