This is the closest team in the NFL

Mikie2times

38 minutes ago, finn said:

Deserves its own thread. To me, McDermott is hands down the Coach of the Year. No one else is close when you look at what he's accomplished the past three years and this year in particular. To build a team on values of hard work, resilience and mutual trust, I mean, that's brilliant. 

McDermott set out 4 years ago to build exactly this.  Lee smith's comments and body language last year when speaking about it sums up the whole organization right now.

He has built up a strong trust amongst the players that he channels into devotion and dedication to the team.  He puts the individuals and families first.  They are giving players and coaches an opportunity to succeed and become their biggest advocate when opportunities arise elsewhere.  No games.  Word is spreading and the bills will be a desirable landing spot for good players who may want a short deal to springboard.  They also seem to have fun too.

Also built a great player leadership structure.  

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

McDermott set out 4 years ago to build exactly this.  Lee smith's comments and body language last year when speaking about it sums up the whole organization right now.

He has built up a strong trust amongst the players that he channels into devotion and dedication to the team.  He puts the individuals and families first.  They are giving players and coaches an opportunity to succeed and become their biggest advocate when opportunities arise elsewhere.  No games.  Word is spreading and the bills will be a desirable landing spot for good players who may want a short deal to springboard.  They also seem to have fun too.

Also built a great player leadership structure.  

And his GM has the exact same blueprint and vision. Targets specific characteristics in their players and this is the result.  

I don't follow any other teams closely enough to be able to agree that they're the closest team in the NFL, but I've been sayin for awhile that this team really and truly seems to love each other.  From the high-pitched "WE LOVE YOU JOSH ALLEN!!" from Beasley and Feliciano to Dawkins CONSTANTLY talking about his love for Allen to Allen getting video-bombed by his teammates in almost every post-game on-field interview to that interview with Diggs and Allen yesterday... you can tell there's a lot of love with this team.

Diggs and Allen legitimately look like they're best friends.  In the end I think we'll all agree that Diggs is the best non-draft acquisition the Buffalo Bills have ever made.