This is the closest team in the NFL

Mikie2times

Perhaps what I like most about this team, while these are professionals, they act like they are playing high school ball together. You don't see this from professional sports teams. I don't recall a former Bills team that ever behaved this way. I feel like a lot of that is Josh being the leader and the process. Josh, just being very laid back, funny, and in the process we only look at higher character people.

The MC Hammer video was probably the most clear moment in just seeing it all but if you followed this team all year and listened to the interviews you know it's not lip service.  Allen and Diggs seem like they probably have sleep overs building forts, ordering pizza,  and playing madden all night. It's a youthful team that has this weird energy to them, almost child like.  

Has anybody else noticed this as strong as I have?

Can you think of an example of any other teams (any sport) where the players have seemed to bond like this?

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 13

It was great watching the post game interview with allen and diggs when they just kept playing off each other's words

She asked how did you just get a good repor with each other so fast

They just looked at each other laughed and said something funny 

Can't remember

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

Perhaps what I like most about this team, while these are professionals, they act like they are playing high school ball together. You don't see this from professional sports teams. I don't recall a former Bills team that ever behaved this way. I feel like a lot of that is Josh being the leader and the process. Josh, just being very laid back, funny, and in the process we only look at higher character people.

The MC Hammer video was probably the most clear moment in just seeing it all but if you followed this team all year and listened to the interviews you know it's not lip service.  Allen and Diggs seem like they probably have sleep overs building forts, ordering pizza,  and playing madden all night. It's a youthful team that has this weird energy to them, almost child like.  

Has anybody else noticed this as strong as I have?

Can you think of an example of any other teams (any sport) where the players have seemed to bond like this?

I don't follow other teams to answer this but I'm sure there are others

• Like (+1) 1

There is something child like, almost sweet, about Josh Allen. Maybe the word is guileless. There's nothing phony or pretentious about him. That, combined with a ferocious will to win and real humbleness, would win over any teammate. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Magox said:

You’re like a robot.  You don’t believe in intangibles, the process.  No emotion

I'm just saying I bet there are other teams that are close and get along great. I played a lot of sports when I was younger. I believe in all of this

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, finn said:

There is something child like, almost sweet, about Josh Allen. Maybe the word is guileless. There's nothing phony or pretentious about him. That, combined with a ferocious will to win and real humbleness, would win over any teammate. 

Thank you for the full, clear sentence. That helps in threads.

16 minutes ago, nucci said:

I don't follow other teams to answer this but I'm sure there are others

A better statement would have been "This team is extremely close" which certainly seems true.

To suggest they are unique to the NFL is ridiculous.

I'm not sure how a fan watching on TV would go about evaluating "closeness" of all NFL rosters in any event.

The entire thing is an exercise in bias.  LOL

The board is rife with this sort of thing right now.  And I guess with good reason.

This is as good as it's been in over 25 years! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Nextmanup said:

A better statement would have been "This team is extremely close" which certainly seems true.

I'm not sure how a fan watching on TV would go about evaluating "closeness" of all NFL rosters in any event.

The board is rife with this sort of thing right now.  And I guess with good reason.

Sorry, didn't mean to come across as a dick. I do that sometimes

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, TBBills said:

It's amazing to watch all of these guys this year. I have said it many times that this team is just special. They play for each other, they play for their coaches, they play for the fans, and they play for the city of Buffalo. They are the closest knit group of players I have ever seen don a Bills uni in my lifetime AND they are also good. 

The close, selflessness of this team is something I have increasingly enjoyed all year. Another example is (it has its own thread) Jerry Hughes calling out Isaiah McKenzie for his help as the defense prepared for this big, difficult game. Jerry could have just basked in the glory of his well deserved moment. But, that's not how the Bills roll.

Sean McDermott, sincere, humble and strong - a gifted leader. 

3 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

Sean McDermott, sincere, humble and strong - a gifted leader. 

Deserves its own thread. To me, McDermott is hands down the Coach of the Year. No one else is close when you look at what he's accomplished the past three years and this year in particular. To build a team on values of hard work, resilience and mutual trust, I mean, that's brilliant. 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Maybe. But guys like Aaron Rodgers come off as a complete d&*k. Josh builds his teammates up without berating them if they make a mistake.

The entire roster is that way. Look at the body language of the Ravens after they screwed up last night, it’s all whoa is me, we’re going to lose. The Bills keep their composure and keep on grinding. 

Guys know their jobs and do exactly what is coached within them. I.e., Trent Murphy played a terrific game after barely seeing the field all season. His bell rang and he answered. 

It’s really easy to see and that’s how they find a way. 

28 minutes ago, finn said:

Deserves its own thread. To me, McDermott is hands down the Coach of the Year. No one else is close when you look at what he's accomplished the past three years and this year in particular. To build a team on values of hard work, resilience and mutual trust, I mean, that's brilliant. 

Right on. Every single word, right on.