The new Elite - Rodgers - Mahomes - Allen

Chaos

After today's expected beatdown of the Browns & tonight's AARP bowl game, the three leading contenders for this season's MVP award will still be standing. Josh Allen, Aaron Rodgers & Patrick Mahomes.  Whoever emerges from the Super Bowl will be the new Heavyweight Champ.  If one of the 40+ geezers wins the Super Bowl, the entire under 30 QB crowd will have to hang their heads in collective shame.  

It is so much fun having one of the best QBs again.  It is even better to have one of the two who isn't a pretentious douche. 

Just now, NewEra said:

I’d put Watson in there too.  Jmo

See I think Watson is the 4th best Quarterback (could make an argument for Russ but something was definitely off with him down the stretch) but I am not sure I quite have him in with those 3. I have Watson and Wilson as a kind of category on their own.... just behind the top 3 but definitely better than everyone else.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

See I think Watson is the 4th best Quarterback (could make an argument for Russ but something was definitely off with him down the stretch) but I am not sure I quite have him in with those 3. I have Watson and Wilson as a kind of category on their own.... just behind the top 3 but definitely better than everyone else.

Yeah Russ was up there with him....until we ruined him.  After that game, he wasn’t the same.  I really hope Watson gets traded to the NFC.  I don’t wanna see him in the playoffs anymore 

Watson played some incredible football this season after losing Deandre Hopkins.  I think he deserves to be in the conversation.  They didn't win many games this season but that wasn't on Watson.  He played lights out all year.

Mahomes

Rodgers

Allen

Watson

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Mahomes KILLED Rodgers?  😳

Hmmmnnn....maybe Allen is Drago, Jackson is Creed and Mahomes and Rodgers are just some no name Ruskies that Drago dispenses of after killing Creed.  In this universe, Rocky (Brees) has the good sense to listen to Adrian and retires before Drago gets a chance to kill him.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Rodgers put on a Master class yesterday.

Did you even watch the game? Green Bay absolutely gashed the Rams on the ground, and when they sold out to stop the run, Rodgers threw to wide open guys.  The opposite of what Josh has to do every week.  And when Rodgers scrambles, it’s usually to throw the ball away, not make a play downfield, like Josh so often does. Enough with the Aaron Rodgers worship...

Just now, mannc said:

Did you even watch the game? Green Bay absolutely gashed the Rams on the ground, and when they sold out to stop the run, Rodgers threw to wide open guys.  The opposite of what Josh has to do every week.  And when Rodgers scrambles, it’s usually to throw the ball away, not make a play downfield, like Josh so often does. Enough with the Aaron Rodgers worship...

Rodgers is a top 3 all-time greatest QB who is still at the top of his game.  No need to minimize his skills or accomplishments to prop up Josh.  Josh being a dog doesn't mean there aren't other tough mutts in the yard.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Rodgers is a top 3 all-time greatest QB who is still at the top of his game.  No need to minimize his skills or accomplishments to prop up Josh.  Josh being a dog doesn't mean there aren't other tough mutts in the yard.

At this point in his career, AR is not asked to do nearly as much as Josh is. Not really debatable. But by all means, keep on worshipping him...

What do those two have that we don't? Really good RBs. 

People underestimate how big of an impact no run game is having on how defenses play us. What Allen has done despite that is incredible. 

I have no doubt Beane is going to fix that this off season. Allen going to take another huge step next year. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

There's only 1 QB with at least:  40 passing TDs,  4500 yards, and rating of 100.....