Gabe Davis and Cole Beasley - seemed to both be hobbled last night

Hebert19

6 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I would get Stills in there,  Gabe blew that throw from Josh in the end zone.  

You’re saying that if Gabe Davis is healthy enough to play.....you’d bring up Still and have Davis inactive?

4 minutes ago, Markaf431 said:

Regarding Davis, based on what? A quick view of his game by game stats show no significant change all year in targets and receptions. So what is your basis for this? 

He looks like he takes some plays off honestly.   Also his concentration has been iffy.  Last week he was a freaking rock star, but this week he was more of a boat anchor.  

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You’re saying that if Gabe Davis is healthy enough to play.....you’d bring up Still and have Davis inactive?

I would not, simply because of Davis’s size, but I could definitely justify it.   I would find a way to get Stills out there, speed kills.

20 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I think Gabe had a Charley Horse when he got landed on in the end zone and I didn’t see Cole hobbling, the one replay showed him break Humphrey off clean, but Allen escaped the pocket to his right.

Gabe was covered by the best slot corner in the league.   It was  a  difficult match up. I expect it to be better next week

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

He looks like he takes some plays off honestly.   Also his concentration has been iffy.  Last week he was a freaking rock star, but this week he was more of a boat anchor.  

honestly haven’t paid that much attention to that and I wasn’t meaning to come across aggressive if I did. I  just didn’t notice him stand out in a not so positive way so I appreciate your feedback on him 

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Davis will be ok. Singletary is the one I’m worried about. Looked to pull a hammy at the end of the game. May have just been a cramp. 

I feel like the "Singletary as every-down back" experiment needs to be over.  Not this year.  Next.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, TailgateChef said:

I feel like the "Singletary as every-down back" experiment needs to be over.  Not this year.  Next.

It’s been over since week 3. Moss’ injury necessitated it, but there is zero indication that he has the full faith of the coaching staff. I think 1 run in an entire half of football might be rather indicative of what they think?

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Takes plays off? Everything that his teammates and the coaches say about him don’t paint a player that takes plays off. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m not sure people are giving the Ravens enough credit for their defensive performance last night. They did an outstanding job against beasely and Davis. It doesn’t mean they are hurt, not good, or need replaced by practice squad players.  Allen, Diggs and brown still made their plays but they played well against them too relative to what this passing offense normally looks like. 

Diggs is an every game guy WR1. Aside from that - Last week was Davis game that he stepped up, this week was Brown. Don’t be surprised if next week it is beasely. Can’t cover them all. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Shift key injury, man. It’s a long season for all of us. 

If the shift key is injured, rotate in your Caps Lock. That'll help, and it's on your team for that reason. Now get out there and play. Win on three. 1, 2, 3.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Hate this thread.  Way too much speculation, zero facts.

So, we can all get websites and podcasts as 'football insiders'? 🤔

Time to monetize my blissful ignorance – don't forget to check out my T-shirt line!

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

13 minutes ago, Markaf431 said:

honestly haven’t paid that much attention to that and I wasn’t meaning to come across aggressive if I did. I  just didn’t notice him stand out in a not so positive way so I appreciate your feedback on him 

It’s all my opinion obviously, but you can see him not going full speed at times when he knows he’s not a primary option.  I kinda get it, it has to be exhausting to go full tilt every play, he does do a good job of coming back to Josh on scrambles though. I don’t necessarily think it’s a lack of effort in a real form, but not really going 100% on plays where it “doesn’t” matter, sometimes it ends up mattering.

7 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Takes plays off? Everything that his teammates and the coaches say about him don’t paint a player that takes plays off. 

Yeah, I agree.  From my observation, it looks like he doesn’t always go 100%, I’m guessing he might be preserving himself a little.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Balt played a lot of man coverage, not Coles strength, he’s very effective finding holes in zones, but man to man basically neutralizes him, it always has and now he’s not quite as explosive. 

Davis really has fallen off the last half of the year, looks like he hit the rookie wall pretty hard.  Lots of drops, still would like to see him back running at full speed and be a contributor.

I'm sorry you weren't able to watch the Indy game. Maybe you can find it on YouTube?

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

15 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Yeah, I agree.  From my observation, it looks like he doesn’t always go 100%, I’m guessing he might be preserving himself a little.

That's how he was taught to play in college.

51 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

I'd like to see McKenzie get more looks.  He certainly earned it after the Dolphins game.. and I think he had just a single target this game?

If Beasley and Davis aren't quite right, McKenzie needs to get more looks.

I’ve made comments about this before and my wife probably gets tired of hearing it 40 times every game. Even with everyone healthy, McKenzie needs more touches.

Touch passes in the backfield, quick plays to the outside, sweeps, screens, etc. I would even love to see him as part of a two back set where he gets a pitch from Allen and a chance to take it around the edge. Even in a more traditional WR role he has shown he can get open.

We have a lot of weapons on this offense and everyone deserves their opportunities. It’s difficult to always work in a role player like McKenzie and I get that. But, his speed and elusiveness with the ball in his hands should be something we use to our advantage.

I’ll also add this. I think some of the plays we saw early in the season that have disappeared as of late, like the fake end around and sweeps to McKenzie that we saw multiple times a game early in the year, come back in the AFC Championship and SB with new wrinkles/outcomes. Like the plays where McKenzie was always in motion but never got the ball, he’ll actually get the ball. Or the hard counts on 4th and short, we’re going to actually snap some of those and run a play.

• Like (+1) 2