Gabe Davis and Cole Beasley - seemed to both be hobbled last night

Hebert19

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not sure people are giving the Ravens enough credit for their defensive performance last night. They did an outstanding job against beasely and Davis. It doesn’t mean they are hurt, not good, or need replaced by practice squad players.  Allen, Diggs and brown still made their plays but they played well against them too relative to what this passing offense normally looks like. 

Diggs is an every game guy WR1. Aside from that - Last week was Davis game that he stepped up, this week was Brown. Don’t be surprised if next week it is beasely. Can’t cover them all. 

Perfect take.  Ravens defense is good.  The Davis almost TD would have taken a really amazing catch.  He would have needed to tip it to himself with his outstretched hand and then catch it while being tackled.  Allen puts that ball 6 inches closer and it is a TD.  It wasn't a bad drop nor necessarily a bad pass. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

if Beasley is really that hurt we might have to shut him down and Activate Stills. 

He looks slower but he was also be double teamed.  Davis seemed to tweak an ankle.  He toughed it out but was noticable.  I think Stills is an option if he knows enough of the offense and is in shape.  I expect to see Freeman possibly as well.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Davis will be ok. Singletary is the one I’m worried about. Looked to pull a hammy at the end of the game. May have just been a cramp. 

What play (game.clock) are you referring to, in regard to Motor?

I didn't see anything, just looked like they put in Yeldon as a sub on the live feed

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

We desperately need these guys at full strength next week.    Gabe was still hobbled late in the game and I think Beasley pulled himself out as he was not effective.    Hope they can get healthy with the extra day rest. 

Might we see stills as an instance policy next week?

Davis got rolled up on his first pass attempt - the Raven defender landed on the back of his leg/ankle.  I am guessing it was a ankle sprain/high ankle sprain and it really effected his ability to get open.  He gutted through and did his best, but that obviously created some issues.

7 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Davis got rolled up on his first pass attempt - the Raven defender landed on the back of his leg/ankle.  I am guessing it was a ankle sprain/high ankle sprain and it really effected his ability to get open.  He gutted through and did his best, but that obviously created some issues.

Agree looked like an ankle sprain, not dreaded high ankle though.  Definitely limited his cuts and even straight line running rest ofnthe game.  Extra day of rest will be a big help this week

4 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Beasley is selfishly hurting this team with his bum leg. Time to cut Duke Williams and bring in Jake Kumerow. 

Beasley was fine, he didn’t get any looks, but up and down our roster nobody outside of Diggs and Brown caught much of anything last night.

And Beasley said in interviews this week that he was much better this week than last week. 

I know the replay showed Beasley break Humphrey off clean but Allen had already rolled to the other side.

Just like the Bills didn’t deviate from their plan on abandoning the run and throwing, they shouldn’t panic and bench Beasley.

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Beasley was fine, he didn’t get any looks, but up and down our roster nobody outside of Diggs and Brown caught much of anything last night.

And Beasley said in interviews this week that he was much better this week than last week. 

I know the replay showed Beasley break Humphrey off clean but Allen had already rolled to the other side.

Just like the Bills didn’t deviate from their plan on abandoning the run and throwing, they shouldn’t panic and bench Beasley.

He had a dropped pass on the sidelines yesterday.  I remember thinking if he was healthy and quicker he would made the catch.

He seemed slow getting up and walking back to the huddle.

NOT that the play re-injured anything just gave me the feeling he still isn't anywhere near 100%

FWIW.

Hoping another full week help the knee.

30 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Perfect take.  Ravens defense is good.  The Davis almost TD would have taken a really amazing catch.  He would have needed to tip it to himself with his outstretched hand and then catch it while being tackled.  Allen puts that ball 6 inches closer and it is a TD.  It wasn't a bad drop nor necessarily a bad pass. 

The pass to Davis was a perfect strike. He failed to make the play.   

32 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Key is he monopolized one of their best corners.   So he still did his job...just wasn't himself. 

6 hours ago, HOUSE said:

This is a well disguised Duke Williams thread

you've a keen I my friend

5 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Takes plays off? Everything that his teammates and the coaches say about him don’t paint a player that takes plays off. 

None of them do

BS post

7 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Agreed. He made the same catch for TD against Miami earlier in the season

7 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

He had a dropped pass on the sidelines yesterday.  I remember thinking if he was healthy and quicker he would made the catch.

He seemed slow getting up and walking back to the huddle.

NOT that the play re-injured anything just gave me the feeling he still isn't anywhere near 100%

FWIW.

Hoping another full week help the knee.

If meniscus like many have said then only thing that will help is surgery 

12 hours ago, HOUSE said:

This is a well disguised Duke Williams thread

Its a stills and mckenzie thread more than anything 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

What play (game.clock) are you referring to, in regard to Motor?

I didn't see anything, just looked like they put in Yeldon as a sub on the live feed

It was tweeted out by a few of the reporters who were at the stadium, not sure of time 

8 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

This is a joke right?