Jerry Hughes - Wall of Fame?

GunnerBill

Does Jerry Hughes end up on the Wall of Fame?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Does Jerry Hughes end up on the Wall of Fame?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I don't think so. Hughes hasn't ever made the pro bowl or first or second team All-Pro. He is 5th all time for Bills in sacks with 51, which is good but not great. He is a solid player though.

Ask Phil Hansen and Joe Ferguson about all of their ZERO pro bowls or All-Pro awards.  

Yes if for nothing else just for giving the Bills all he has for as long as he has the guy is all out Buffalo Bills and even when he was hurt last season left his guts on the field every game .

Remember last season how some here were saying he's done they need to get rid of him BLAH BLAH BLAH Just Bills fans being Bills fans i know but this dude is 1 of a kind and for me is in the same category as Kyle Williams .

If there is 1 thing i do wish is that Kyle could have been playing with these guys still to have this experience !!

I feel like the trade for Hughes was the beginning of this team not being a joke anymore. I know it wasn’t BECAUSE of that trade, that just goes hand and hand with the timeline for me personally. Hughes has been very steady and has made big time plays in big games. He will end up high up on the Bills all time sack leaders and has been a part of some really good Bills teams. It seems like he’s taken over the veteran vocal leadership role that was voided by Kyle and The Lorax. Hughes has really matured on the field and has been a really good Bill. I’d put him up.

4 hours ago, MJS said:

I don't think so. Hughes hasn't ever made the pro bowl or first or second team All-Pro. He is 5th all time for Bills in sacks with 51, which is good but not great. He is a solid player though.

Jerry Hughes is a very good player who is close to WOF but not there yet. Jerry is a lot more than just a solid player.

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Jerry Hughes is a very good player who is close to WOF but not there yet. Jerry is a lot more than just a solid player.

I don't think so. What makes him more than a solid player?

I think so, his sack numbers aren't huge (51 sacks in 8 seasons) but he has been the heart and soul of the defense for the past 8 seasons and has been the emotional leader of the McD defense from 2017-2020 while being a key component of strong defenses in 2013 and 2014. I assume he will at least play one more season so that would leave him with 9 or more seasons played. An impressive resume that I do think is Wall of Fame Worthy. 

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

I don't think so. What makes him more than a solid player?

His QB pressure’s are underrated, he may not get the sacks but he forces QB’s to get the ball out fast forcing mistakes. He is good in run support and is a smart player. He is definitely a top 12 DE and a very good player.

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

His QB pressure’s are underrated, he may not get the sacks but he forces QB’s to get the ball out fast forcing mistakes. He is good in run support and is a smart player. He is definitely a top 12 DE and a very good player.

I don't think he is top 12. And nobody else in the league thinks that either or he would have gone to a pro bowl by now. He does get pressure sometimes (and disappears in some games too). And that's good.

I like Hughes. He is a good player. He just isn't elite. That's perfectly fine.