Milano Block For Johnson

Re-watched the pick-six about 20x this morning, as I suspect many of us have.  All credit to Taron.  An unsung hero on the play is Matt Milano - he gets just enough of a block on Mark Andrews to help spring Johnson out of the end zone.  Taron is untouched after that.  Milano had a monster game, and this play shows a couple of his best traits:  Always hustling, and a nose for being in the right place at the right time.  I pray we re-sign him.

• Like (+1) 16
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Here is a great view of the play from the endzone.

That is very cool.

It's crazy how loud 6700 people are (and before the int you can hear the distinct sound of banging metal :p)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Here is a great view of the play from the endzone.

It is so great to see Bills fans being......Bills fans. Dressed in Nanook of the North clothing, unconcerned with weather or discomfort, jumping around and screaming with unbridled love. I miss those folks.

29 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Tre also hustled down and finished the play by making sure Jackson couldn't catch him.  I think Jerry Hughes had a sack on the previous play also that had backed them up.  Total Team Defense last night!

Don't forget to mention that Johnson slowed down a bit to allow Tre to get out in front of him! Without Tre's block Lamar woulda caught him.

That level of awareness you don't see is most offensive players or kick returners. 

The way this team is just coming together is unbelievable. Never seen anything like it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Don't forget to mention that Johnson slowed down a bit to allow Tre to get out in front of him! Without Tre's block Lamar woulda caught him.

That level of awareness you don't see is most offensive players or kick returners. 

The way this team is just coming together is unbelievable. Never seen anything like it. 

I thought Jackson did a terrible job on that play as he has shown speed and had an angle - he really should have gotten over to the sideline.  That was 100% self preservation and not a team play.

Could you imagine Josh running down that play - he would have tried to shove the DB into the running lane and would have tried to make a play no matter what.

Jackson - who is a competitor- just did not seem to me to give his all on that play.

Actually I think the biggest block on this return aside from Tradavious White’s was the block Poyer puts on Hollywood Brown. Brown was most likely the only person fast enough to catch Taron from where they were on the field aside from Lamar. 

I loved Milano’s block. I also loved Zimmer keeping up with the DB’s on the run back. 

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

Actually I think the biggest block on this return aside from Tradavious White’s was the block Poyer puts on Hollywood Brown. Brown was most likely the only person fast enough to catch Taron from where they were on the field aside from Lamar. 

I loved Milano’s block. I also loved Zimmer keeping up with the DB’s on the run back. 

Loved Poyer's block, as well as Milano's, not sure which was more important.  

• Like (+1) 1

Taron is making himself a lot of money this year.  If we want him, we better not let him hit the market.  He’s gaining steam as one of the best slot corners in the league.  If he stays healthy next season, it would be tough to let him go.  We need everyone to give us a 20% discount and Josh to give us a 30% discount 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Fred Slacks said:

Zimmer has some wheels!  Johnson did a great job after getting out of the end zone (at first I was like, take the touch back!), setting up blocks and keeping the return alive.   That was a really great play on a lot of levels. 

I don’t agree with the assessment of Jackson not trying that has been mentioned a few times.  Tre had him well shielded and he doesn’t have the bulk to move a guy in that scenario.  He’s great at making you miss, but he’s not a “power” player.