The Bills Learned a Lot From Two Brutal Losses

JMF2006

Last years Wildcard game against the Steers and this years week 10 loss to the Cards.

This team doesn't like losing and take it very personally.

They also learned its a 60 minute game and you need to play all of them to win in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

That Texans game made Allen an elite QB. That game awoke a monster. Every thing changed for him after that day

Loved Josh’s interview regarding that game saying that he did not do enough earlier in the season to show that the organization should put the game in his hands when they had the lead. It was up to him to do more so that the organization would trust him more. This year he’s going deep down field with a 14 point lead with 5 minutes left. So they took it a little too far...

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

The 60 minutes is a good callout.

How many times this year did we see them with a lead and still out there throwing the ball? In the past, it was 3 runs into the line and a punt. It helps that they have the confidence and talent to do that now.

i really like how the offence will drive down and get a score right after an opponent scores.

Like they are saying so what that you scored we can get one anytime we want :)

I agree that you can tell this team HATES losing.  That's the mark of a champion right there.  The old Michael Jordan you hate losing more than you enjoy winning feeling.  I never saw that feeling from any Bills team(post Super Bowl years) before McDermott got here regardless of the talent level.  But going back to the Houston game and then again after the Cardinals game you could see and feel the pain from the entire team after those losses.  You can tell they used that pain as motivation going forward

• Like (+1) 1

That AJ Klein neutral zone infraction stands out to me as the play that turned it all around. They were hyped up, getting run on, no is focused. 

Then that flag. The momentum shifted a bit in favor of the Ravens, and it seemed like this was it. 

Something clicked. You could tell that they started communicating better, and the defense took over. That’s the players coaching themselves on the field. I’ve seen that happen with my boys on the field, where even for a play or two, they get that it’s on them, and I think I love that the most about this defense, and this team. 

Mistakes have plagued this franchise for as long as we can all remember. Mistakes in the draft, with the coaches, contracts, management, concessions and parking. Uniforms.

Not anymore. Finally, after decades, this franchise learns from its mistakes, and refuses to make them again. 

The Process really pays off. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1