Josh Allen’s flop

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Clearly a flop. That being said- you get what you get. He had about 23.3 seconds to not touch the QB. That little shove was his way of saying “we’re gonna be hitting you tonight” to which josh said “k.”

Yup, it’s good to have a 6’4” 237 pound QB who gets unsportsmanlike penalties for rag dolling defensive player, and just so happens to be Josh Allen, 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.6c494ad01e153d35e7dc7c2949c194cc.jpeg

I assume this is mocking my post somehow. As I have no clue who is it and what that means, I appreciate if somebody explains it to me.

As for the flop, I am from Europe and one of the reasons I stopped watching soccer at all is flopping. I just hate it and it will not become cool if my guy does it. Like is said this one was very light so no big deal I just wished Josh can avoid it completely.

6 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I assume this is mocking my post somehow. As I have no clue who is it and what that means, I appreciate if somebody explains it to me.

As for the flop, I am from Europe and one of the reasons I stopped watching soccer at all is flopping. I just hate it and it will not become cool if my guy does it. Like is said this one was very light so no big deal I just wished Josh can avoid it completely.

Dana Carvey portraying 'The Church Lady', who always had her knickers in a knot over some eccentricity or faux pas that well known celebrities had been party to.  After years of watching NFL 'sacred cows' be coddled by refereeing crews, it was refreshing for the Buffalo fans to see that's what's sauce for the goose can be sauce for the gander.  My apologies if you were offended.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, nucci said:

what a terrible call

It's one thing if the defender just bumps into him because of inertia, but in this case, he extended his arms and actually pushed Josh. Yeah, it was a minor shove, but it was well after the ball was in the air and totally unnecessary.

The call was right. The defender should have been more disciplined.

8 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

It's one thing if the defender just bumps into him because of inertia, but in this case, he extended his arms and actually pushed Josh. Yeah, it was a minor shove, but it was well after the ball was in the air and totally unnecessary.

The call was right. The defender should have been more disciplined.

It was a heinous attack and the defender got what was coming to him. We're fortunate Josh wasn't hurt. 😆

2 hours ago, TailgateChef said:

Star QBs get that call.  Brady and Rodgers have been getting it for years.

Josh took egregious late hits in 2018 and 2019 with no call. It’s a way to discourage them, yes, but mainly it’s NFL protecting a valuable asset.

The Ravens only have themselves to blame. Before the game, they were chirping they were going to hit him by a RB. It was reported by various reporters. I’m sure the refs caught wind and were looking for stuff. 

1 hour ago, Beerball said:

nah man, his go to move is both hands clutching the top of his helmet. That's his bread and butter move and he needs to stick with it.

They gotta take you in for concussion protocol if you do that...

19 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

At the end of the day didn't affect the outcome, so sort of happy as it was a bit of a flop.

Doesn't make up for many non-calls (remember OT vs. Houston?).

I'm glad it was called....if it was on us we'd all be pissed

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

I for one don't like this and hope he stops flopping. This one wasn't that bad they are making out of it though. But please Josh stop waving hands like that, you can do better.

I am 100% fine with it.

My biggest beef with the defensive side of the game is all the absolutely unnecessary hits.  Defenders seem just unable to resist lowering their shoulder and blasting a guy who is already going to (or already on) the ground when literally just a graze of your pinky finger would count them down by contact.  Or the runner is already going out of bounds and the defender lays a hit on them an inch from the sideline just because they can.  Or the runner is crossing the goal line and gets blasted two or three yards deep into the end zone where it is already too late to cause a fumble.

The defender on the Allen flop sold NOT making unnecessary contact every bit as much as Allen sold being hit.  The instant contact was made the defender threw his own hands up in the classic "I didn't do anything I'm innocent" pose that ironically makes you look even more guilty.  You see it all the time on block in the back penalties on returns.  If you were a security guard posted outside of a store, and someone walks out and randomly declares to you that they are no thief, they didn't steal anything, they're completely innocent they tells ya, wouldn't you think they did something?

So no I don't think this "hit" was that dangerous (although things can happen any time you go to the ground), but Josh taught him a lesson to keep his damn hands to himself after the ball is already gone.  This wasn't like a receiver forgoing making a play on the ball specifically to try to draw a penalty,  there was actual unnecessary contact and Josh just made sure the ref noticed.

10 minutes ago, nucci said:

I'm glad it was called....if it was on us we'd all be pissed

Ravens fans were wondering why the IG play wasn't roughing the passer, for sure. Late, or going after the legs (disregarding that is legal for a scrambling qb). I guess it's the difference between necessary and unnecessary.

Edited by Ralonzo