Justin Zimmer on Taron Johnson's Pick-6

JESSEFEFFER

4 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

oh gosh that's gross.

But yes.

That is how you play to win !

BTW 

I am big Fan of Zimmer. he keeps getting better i feel.
Keeper 

Go Bills

Am I missing something (which is very possible)?  Zimmer to me looks extremely mediocre out there...I don’t think I’ve ever seen him beat his man on a pass rush, and is not exactly Randy White vs the run.   Nice guy, lots of hustle

13 hours ago, wjag said:

I often marvel at how players don't get hurt during impromptu celebrations like that.  My first reaction was don't hurt him!  At least he could see him coming in the TV...

The 86 Bears were told to cut out the head butts because they were causing too many concussions.   If my memory serves me correctly. 

2 hours ago, Chuck Schick said:

Am I missing something (which is very possible)?  Zimmer to me looks extremely mediocre out there...I don’t think I’ve ever seen him beat his man on a pass rush, and is not exactly Randy White vs the run.   Nice guy, lots of hustle

His speed and agility makes him the ideal type of lineman to deal with a Lamar-type QB.  He has a role to play on this team, not every week, but when he’s called on he does it well. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Conlan58 said:

Great play and effort. Poyer took out Brown, and White took out Jackson - the only two real threats to stop Johnson (except #78... wtf was he doing?!) 

Also... first Bill to Johnson to celebrate was Hyde with him slamming Johnsons face off the camera/screen lol... shakes the dang feed!

I was thinking when I saw that during the game, "dang! did Micah just give Taron a concussion???" 

19 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Next Gen Stats had Justin at 18.5+ mph and the only DT clocked higher this season is Aaron Donald.  Justin was the first Bill to get to Taron for the celebration and, more importantly, I think he tipped that pass.  The deflection slowed it down and made it land short.  If so, I would want him written into the story of one of the biggest plays in Bills history.

Justin Zimmer with the Tip (2).jpg

Wow, good catch! If you go to the replay, where you showed that particular frame, and you advance frame by frame, it's pretty clear: Zimmer got two fingers on it. Pretty cool!

Edited by Rocky Landing

22 hours ago, TBBills said:

After rewatching from a different angle he actually never touched the ball. Still good effort on the defense.

For the record, you are correct.  I saw the best camera angle of it on Twitter and it is as you say,  Damn if I can find it again so just take my word for it.  This particiulasr clip had a CHCH logo on the screen but the video locked up and when refreshed I went back to the top of the timeline.  The entire video story was over 2 minutes.

• 6 months later...
On 1/17/2021 at 6:10 AM, Conlan58 said:

Great play and effort. Poyer took out Brown, and White took out Jackson - the only two real threats to stop Johnson (except #78... wtf was he doing?!) 

Also... first Bill to Johnson to celebrate was Hyde with him slamming Johnsons face off the camera/screen lol... shakes the dang feed!

Just noticed something - the reason why #43 does not catch him in red zone is because #61, Justin Zimmer, is running down field with Bills posse too so he goes around him on left on 40 yard line while Taron goes right.  He still almost caught him in red zone but it was enough of a delay that he could not catch him.  Zimmer also passed several Ravens on his run.

I have heard comments on how he was first one there to Johnson and that is because he did not stop running and was part of posse.

On 1/17/2021 at 3:10 AM, Conlan58 said:

Don’t score if you can’t handle the celebration