Lamar Jackson's Charity

Dr Krentist

6 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Yeah, I came here to make the point about Josh Norman's cause as well. It really makes no sense that no one cares about that--helping local people--but these things with opponents' charities explode. It's embarrassing and makes me feel bad for Norman.

Here’s my deep thought:  I think it’s part of Buffalo’s insecurity and chip on our shoulder. Always looking for respect and attention from the rest of the world... so we look outside Buffalo before we look inside. 

Edited by Playoffs?
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Plano said:

How about donate to Josh Normans charity in Buffalo. 

why are we donating to Lamar? For sucking? I am lost on this one. 

Classy act from thousands of Bills fans that goes to a worthy cause.

Why ask why?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, Plano said:

I donated to Normans charity.  It seems pretty cool and it's a bit different then the other charities.  I would encourage others to take a look.

20 hours ago, Plano said:

He was knocked out of the game with a head injury. He lost a game in part because of a pick 6, and he still went out of his way to sign autographs for Bills fans at the airport. That is very unusual behavior from a star of the league.  Guys like Brady won't even shake the hands of opposing quarterbacks when he loses.  Why is giving $8 to a charity that feeds kids so bad anyway?  Would it have happened if he wasn't injured and just lost a game? No.  But he was knocked out of the game. It was just a classy thing to do.

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2021/01/watch-lamar-jackson-signs-autographs-for-ravens-bills-fans-at-airport-after-loss.html

Edited by BITE ME
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Figster said:

Classy act from thousands of Bills fans that goes to a worthy cause.

Why ask why?

I absolutely love it.  

I'm not an "everyone should get a trophy" guy, but it's hard losing a playoff game.  Lamar's a good dude and it's a way he still "wins" even though the Bills advance.

And it's a good charity.  This tradition Bills fans have started is so awesome, and will make a positive difference in the world.  I love us.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

I hate to agree with Tim Graham, and this will be an unpopular opinion, but donating to Lamar's charity is beyond ****ing stupid. 

For what? He got hurt playing against?

Where is the line? When does this end? 

The Dalton thing was awesome. I donated. That was a moment Bills fans will never forget. 

This is just stupid. 

And now Lamar has to thank the fans of the team that just kicked his *** and knocked him out? Bills fans really reaching for attention with this. 

How about supporting players on the bills who are trying to help our community? I guess that wouldn't get ESPNs attention.

21 hours ago, Plano said:

So I have been thinking about this.  What do Joshs, Dalton and Lamars charities have in common?  They are all helping children.  People are much more willing to donate to children then businesses.

Also these are Bills fans everywhere donating.  Is a Bills fan not in WNY going to donate to a children's charity or for businesses in a town they dont live?  Even people outside of Erie county are not going to donate to Buffalo businesses when most likely the ones in their towns are struggling.  Children will win that 100% of the time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Process said:

I hate to agree with Tim Graham, and this will be an unpopular opinion, but donating to Lamar's charity is beyond  stupid. 

For what? He got hurt playing against?

Where is the line? When does this end? 

The Dalton thing was awesome. I donated. That was a moment Bills fans will never forget. 

This is just...a head scratcher.. 

And now Lamar has to thank the fans of the team that just kicked his *** and knocked him out? Awkward?? He's probably wondering wth is wrong with us. Bills fans really reaching for attention with this. 

How about supporting players on the bills who are trying to help our community?

I didn’t ignore those pleas. As previously stated, I donated to both. Why some feel the need to question why others give to charity is beyond me. 

Lamar came to Bills Stadium and did his best. He happens to have a charity that offers those without to have some. I willingly gave to it and have also given to Norman’s charity. 

If you don’t like giving to Lamar’s charity...no worries! Don’t! But don’t trample on others who see a worthy cause and contribute to it. It’s entirely nonsensical to me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4