Lamar Jackson's Charity

Dr Krentist

12 minutes ago, Mr Wild said:

So I have been thinking about this.  What do Joshs, Dalton and Lamars charities have in common?  They are all helping children.  People are much more willing to donate to children then businesses.

Winner winner chicken dinner.  If the charity chosen was for head injuries or something it would have gone nowhere.   The Bills have supported a charity that helps sick children 2x and hungry children 1x.   I ordered $50 worth of food for the game and am healthy. I am lucky.  There are children that for whatever reason have no food and others who are sick by no fault of their own.  And giving $17 or $8 is something most people can do.

And the local business charity is fine.  But if you really want to help them, BUY FROM THEM and if you have the $24 donate, or buy from Wegmans and they give a percentage to the charity.

Edited by BITE ME

3 minutes ago, Process said:

You really think people looked into what they were donating too? I guarantee 90%+ of people had no idea. 

If ou do not think people are more willing to donate to children and animals then businesses then you need to look more at charities.

And I think you are unvaluing the people donating.  I am just saying Bill fans are all over the World.  They arent looking to help the City of Buffalowhen businesses all around the world are failing but they will help children.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This is what Gov Cuomo posted about this:

"Over the weekend, the Buffalo Bills defeated the Baltimore Ravens to head to the AFC Championship—the first time since 1994. During the game, Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson was injured, but Bills fans pooled together and donated a total of $150,000 to Jackson's charity "Blessings in a Backpack," to help provide kids with food. New Yorkers are tough but they're also loving and this was a perfect example of that spirit"

My response is: "No - NOT New Yorkers, BUFFALONIANS!"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

weirded thing i’ve seen in a while. i guess  some Bills fans like getting the attention... and feel good paying for victories in a sense.  I gave to Dalton/Boyd... it was spontaneous and organic.  

Since then only Allen’s thing and i’ll donate to Josh Norman’s initiative for sure.

On 1/17/2021 at 2:58 PM, zow2 said:

Totally agree. not that it isn’t classy but i’m kinda done donating to other team charities.  rather support our own guys now...unless it’s something super special and organic like the Dalton to Boyd play was.

Why does it matter what millionaire athlete the cause is connected to?

The kids that the donations support are probably not a fan of a sports team as much as they are a fan of for once having two meals in the same day. 

Edited by Juror#8
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Process said:

You really think people looked into what they were donating too? I guarantee 90%+ of people had no idea. 

What?  If they donated they went to the website and knew exactly what they were donating too. People like giving to things that help children and animals. It is almost hard wired into people.  

51 minutes ago, ticketssince61 said:

This is what Gov Cuomo posted about this:

"Over the weekend, the Buffalo Bills defeated the Baltimore Ravens to head to the AFC Championship—the first time since 1994. During the game, Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson was injured, but Bills fans pooled together and donated a total of $150,000 to Jackson's charity "Blessings in a Backpack," to help provide kids with food. New Yorkers are tough but they're also loving and this was a perfect example of that spirit"

My response is: "No - NOT New Yorkers, BUFFALONIANS!"

There could be some individuals dwelling near Rochester (Rochesterians, per Wikipedia) involved. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

I hate to agree with Tim Graham, and this will be an unpopular opinion, but donating to Lamar's charity is beyond  stupid. 

For what? He got hurt playing against?

Where is the line? When does this end? 

The Dalton thing was awesome. I donated. That was a moment Bills fans will never forget. 

This is just...a head scratcher.. 

And now Lamar has to thank the fans of the team that just kicked his *** and knocked him out? Awkward?? He's probably wondering wth is wrong with us. Bills fans really reaching for attention with this. 

How about supporting players on the bills who are trying to help our community?

How is donating to any charity “stupid?”  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 1/17/2021 at 1:03 AM, Inigo Montoya said:

Just made my donation.

I was slow, but done. These kinds of things make me proud of Bills fans. It’s NOT all about the table jumpers. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Unbelievable anyone can complain about charitable giving.

What's it about?  It's about an emotional connection to a situation on the football field.  Dalton/Boyd's heroics, Allen soldiering on, and great guy and fierce competitor Jackson's untimely early exit.  It's about a football fan base with good hearts enjoying a meaningful expression of that.

It's about perfectly countering those who see only the rowdy side of us with condemnation.

So happy for the win, but the game became unfulfilling the minute Jackson left and I would have much preferred we finished it with him in there.  Even if it meant losing.

Norman's hasn't taken off because he isn't out there enough for that connection.  But we should donate because it is most worthy, and local, and I gave to his as well as Jackson's.  Despite living in Cleveland.

Not feeling it for Lamar?  No problem, but some of us are.  Give in your own way and time, stop complaining about how other Mafia members choose to give, and realize how badly you're embarrassing yourselves.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BITE ME said:

Winner winner chicken dinner.  If the charity chosen was for head injuries or something it would have gone nowhere.   The Bills have supported a charity that helps sick children 2x and hungry children 1x.   I ordered $50 worth of food for the game and am healthy. I am lucky.  There are children that for whatever reason have no food and others who are sick by no fault of their own.  And giving $17 or $8 is something most people can do.

And the local business charity is fine.  But if you really want to help them, BUY FROM THEM and if you have the $24 donate, or buy from Wegmans and they give a percentage to the charity.

Yep, I can afford the $17 or $25 donation without any pain, but I know the power of volume. My wife used to be on the Board at St Jude Children’s Hospital. I see all the good they do for kids and families, and I was shocked to learn that the average donation was less than $20. 

There is power in numbers! It doesn’t take much if enough people pitch in. 

I’m skeptical of most charities that are not vetted, but I trust things like this, and my loss is minimal if it’s not an efficient charity. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

To get more publicity for themselves.

Outside of celebrities, people don't give for publicity. Sure, there are 1 or 2 in Bills Mafia who like attention, but people give when good things happen to them, especially to charities that are helping people going through bad things. The Bills are 1 game away from the Super Bowl. Life is good. If you are a kid without food or a kid spending your time in a hospital things are not so good. How many of us spend $100 on food and drinks each playoff game. You have children that really don't have food and you have parents who sleep in hospitals because they can't afford a hotel for a night while their kid is sick in the hospital. Helping them out is a good thing. If I was in their spot I sure would be happy knowing there are people out there that are trying to help.

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2