Lamar Jackson's Charity

Dr Krentist

Not sure WHY they need donations.

The federal government has been paying for meals, breakfast and lunch, for students 7 days a week.

My wife is the manager of a high school kitchen and even over Christmas break food was supplied to all kids.

They need it because of 2 reasons - Louisville has not applied for aid or money used elsewhere.

I am not in favor of the program since it is neither means tested nor verifies person who picks up food has as many kids as meals they are taking and have not picked up meals from other schools.   

ICYMI: USDA Extends Free Meals for All Kids

https://www.usda.gov/media/press-releases/2020/10/16/icymi-usda-extends-free-meals-all-kids

Washington, Oct. 16, 2020 -- President Donald Trump proclaimed this week National School Lunch Week 2020, highlighting the vital role of school nutrition professionals in ensuring that children in all communities nationwide continue to get nutritious meals, despite the challenges posed by the current public health emergency. To keep this work going, U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Secretary Sonny Perdue recently announced the continued extension of nationwide flexibilities that allow free school meals for all children throughout the entire 2020-2021 school year.

Edited by Limeaid
added info
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Not sure WHY they need donations.

The federal government has been paying for meals, breakfast and lunch, for students 7 days a week.

My wife is the manager of a high school kitchen and even over Christmas break food was supplied to all kids.

They need it because of 2 reasons - Louisville has not applied for aid or money used elsewhere.

I am not in favor of the program since it is neither means tested nor verifies person who picks up food has as many kids as meals they are taking and have not picked up meals from other schools.   

you know the charismas Grinch has been gone for a few weeks now....

• Like (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, NobesBLO13 said:

You’re a doctor and you only donated $25? Cheap bastard.

You do know that not all with title "Dr." are medical doctors, right?  

People with doctorates in philosophy and basket weaving can use the title.

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

you know the charismas Grinch has been gone for a few weeks now....

charismas 

1 : a personal magic of leadership arousing special popular loyalty or enthusiasm for a public figure (such as a political leader) His success was largely due to his charisma. 2 : a special magnetic charm or appeal the charisma of a popular actor.

Not a grinch but it is a zero sum game and would rather kids who need food get it.  In my wife's school there are students on free and reduced lunch program driving new lexuses.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Don't know if this is in good taste.

Does Taron Johnson have a charity? Seems a much better candidate for something like this.

This is more wishing him well after his concussion, not rubbing it in. I wished him a speedy recovery and hoped he was OK in the comment section. I didn't start this, just sharing it in case people want to donate is all. I don't know if Taron has a charity. I think some fans are looking into it.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

You do know that not all with title "Dr." are medical doctors, right?  

People with doctorates in philosophy and basket weaving can use the title.

charismas 

1 : a personal magic of leadership arousing special popular loyalty or enthusiasm for a public figure (such as a political leader) His success was largely due to his charisma. 2 : a special magnetic charm or appeal the charisma of a popular actor.

Not a grinch but it is a zero sum game and would rather kids who need food get it.  In my wife's school there are students on free and reduced lunch program driving new lexuses.

This is bias and not subtle racism 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I mean I can't speak against donating to charity but with the pick 6 and everything it does kind of feel like pouring salt on a wound.

I totally understand. I was on the fence about sharing it because if we had lost, I don't think this would be a thing. But at the end of the day, Lamar's a human and Josh says he's a great person so I thought I'd put it on here. As long as people wish him well after his concussion, I hope he doesn't take it the wrong way.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I mean I can't speak against donating to charity but with the pick 6 and everything it does kind of feel like pouring salt on a wound.

Check out Bills Reddit.   That's not how it is.  People wishing Lamar a speedy recovery with their donations.  It's a classy move.  Wouldn't expect anything else from our great fanbase.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NobesBLO13 said:

What about doctorates in sarcasm?

Well I did have classes in debate and sarcasm was a tool taught to break down opponents in debates.

I was offered a full political science scholarship to Gannon University in Erie, PA and I turned it down for I did not understand that you could still qualify for scholarship while taking other courses for the degree you really wanted.