Unsung hero: Jerry Hughes

QB Bills

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Which is weird to me.

Jerry Hughes is 32 and has shown no signs of slowing down.

The way I feel, you keep him here and let him play as long as he wants.

I think we can get 3-4 more years out of him.

My thoughts are that we keep him at least next year and see what happens...

37 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Legend! Hughes probably played the best game of any Bill tonight. This dude played with Kyle Williams and Fred Jackson, you got to love it. Jerry truly deserves it more than anybody

He also was in on one rushing from the inside.

JEEEEEEEEERRRRRYYYYY!!!!  
MY MAN!!!! 5 sacks in 3 playoff games the last 2 years. His first sack splitting Ricard and Fuller was a gem.  

I’m glad that there is no doubt that he’ll be back next season. Cutting him to save 7 mill

and then have to replace him would be moronic.  He’s worth every penny

One of my favorite plays of the game was when Lamar tried to escape the pocket to the right and Jerry was just standing there waiting. Held his edge and played incredibly smart. Didn’t go for the sack, just did his job by turning him back into the well where his help was waiting. 

I think having that C on his chest has done wonders for him. He holds himself to a higher standard now. Those moronic 15 yarders are gone. 

• Agree 1

As always, Jerry played his a** off.  I get that he doesn't have the same sack numbers that he had back in Mario/Kyle/Marcel days but other than actual sack number he is statistically still a very very good pass rusher.

Always loved Jerry because it really seems like he took a hometown discount after his breakout years and all he has done since then is work his tail off.

• Like (+1) 1