Unsung hero: Jerry Hughes

QB Bills

Really happy for him. Long time Bill who's still far and away our best pass rusher. He brings it every week, even when the team has sucked. 

He had a few nice pressures today, but that play before the pick 6 was the game changer before the game changer. If he doesn't get to Jackson there then it's 10-10. Brown was wide open and it'd have been a completely different game.

Edited by QB Bills
  • Like (+1) 17
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, QB Bills said:

Really happy for him. Long time Bill who's still far and away our best pass rusher. He brings it every week, even when the team has sucked. 

He had a few nice pressures today, but that play before the pick 6 was the game changer before the game changer. If he doesn't get to Jackson there then it's 10-10. Brown was wide open and it'd have been a completely different game.

he had a heck of a game— including 2 sacks too. 

by the way, how did brown get so wide open on that play? That couldn’t have been by design. 

Jerry came to play tonight. Great game. 

Shout out to Trent Murphy as well. He more than held his own after being relegated to the inactive list for most of the latter half of the season. He prepared and was ready to play. Good on him.

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 1

I'm so happy that Jerry is still here, he has taken a lot of crap playing on some **** teams here.  Regardless he has always balled out.

Now towards the end of his career he gets to experience a AFCCG and possible SB.

Well earned Mr Hughes...Well earned!

Thank you for your years of dedication to the Buffalo Bills.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Jerry came to play tonight. Great game. 

Shout out to Trent Murphy as well. He more than held his own after being relegated to the inactive list for most of the latter half of the season. He prepared and was ready to play. Good on him.

Says a lot about his character, and the coaches keeping him bought in.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Some people here are already cutting Jerry next year...

I havent seen a dropoff. He may not physically be in his prime anymore, but hes equally as valuable as he was before, in a better defensive scheme.  Unless he falls off a cliff rapidly, hes got atleast 2 good years left

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Some people here are already cutting Jerry next year...

Which is weird to me.

Jerry Hughes is 32 and has shown no signs of slowing down.

The way I feel, you keep him here and let him play as long as he wants.

I think we can get 3-4 more years out of him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1