Harbaugh: “The wind was very impactful”

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I just heard Kurt warner saying the game should have been played indoors....that its a shame the best team isn't moving on....really Kurt?

I just lost all respect for for that bozo....and I used to think very highly of him.

The Ravens play out doors in Baltimore Maryland its not exactly a tropical paradise this time of year.

huh? So he though the ravens (who run 90% of the time) were more disadvantaged than the Bills? 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I just heard Kurt warner saying the game should have been played indoors....that its a shame the best team isn't moving on....really Kurt?

I just lost all respect for for that bozo....and I used to think very highly of him.

The Ravens play out doors in Baltimore Maryland its not exactly a tropical paradise this time of year.

That's some next level stupid from Kurt.  Played indoors, the Bills kill them. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I don't think that is what he meant. I think what he meant was it made it a lottery by the weather so we don't really know if the best team is moving on. That was how I took it anyway.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

That's some next level stupid from Kurt.  Played indoors, the Bills kill them. 

I agree. I don't think he was necessarily saying in a dome Baltimore win.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Since1981 said:

I thought the bills lose if wind was 15 mph and I posted this week. BUT....I never in a million years would think we hold them to THREE. CINCO, III, 3!!

...in NFL 2021 Divisional. that’s damn impressive

The thing I couldn't Billieve was Tucker clanking both uprights and the look on his face like he had never kicked outdoors before ;) 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think that is what he meant. I think what he meant was it made it a lottery by the weather so we don't really know if the best team is moving on. That was how I took it anyway.

Maybe I took it wrong.

After listening to #88(Irvin) prattle on for 15 minutes nonsensically my brains were kind of scrambled ;)

• Haha (+1) 2

It's amazing how ignorant even ex-players can be when they start working NFL media.  If you told me that high winds would make any throw over 20 yards a crap shoot then I would have feared the Bills losing by 10 points.  By any rational consideration Warner has to understand that the Ravens were greatly aided by the gale force winds.

Buffalo's win is all the more remarkable because of the winds.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Success said:

Every time I'd get upset w/ Allen about a bad throw, or at Bass for a bad kick, they'd show the flags. And I'd be like, well, okay....

When they did the tracking on the throw Allen had to diggs or brown and how the ball was left and went right it kind of showed how much the wind was actually in play.  

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I didn’t hear the piece so I was going off of “the best team didn’t move on” thing. If he didn’t say that, I retract what I said. But I agree about a domed stadium. 

36 minutes ago, Doc said:

I didn’t hear the piece so I was going off of “the best team didn’t move on” thing. If he didn’t say that, I retract what I said. But I agree about a domed stadium. 

OK, I saw the piece with Warner. He said that the Ravens were the better team. Like I said, next level stupid Kurt.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

OK, I saw the piece with Warner. He said that the Ravens were the better team. Like I said, next level stupid Kurt.

That isn't how I interpreted it. Have you got a video I will watch it again. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have found the clip and watched back. He definitely does not say the Ravens were the best team. 

Here is his exact quote:

"Can we just play every playoff game inside? I know that’s a part of football. I don’t like when we come to the biggest moments of the season and the elements become a part of the mix. I want the best team to be able to advance and all the elements to be the exact same for every team.”

He did not mean the best team did not advance nor did he say that. He is just saying when you have elements like that it makes it a lottery and he would rather take them out the equation and allow both teams to play their best and may the best man win. 

Seriously he does NOT mean the Ravens were the best team.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Since1981 said:

I thought the bills lose if wind was 15 mph and I posted this week. BUT....I never in a million years would think we hold them to THREE. CINCO, III, 3!!

Cinco?

No hablo espanol?

Celebrate tres de mayo?

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have found the clip and watched back. He definitely does not say the Ravens were the best team. 

Here is his exact quote:

"Can we just play every playoff game inside? I know that’s a part of football. I don’t like when we come to the biggest moments of the season and the elements become a part of the mix. I want the best team to be able to advance and all the elements to be the exact same for every team.”

He did not mean the best team did not advance nor did he say that. He is just saying when you have elements like that it makes it a lottery and he would 

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Here is his exact quote:

He did not mean the best team did not advance nor did he say that. He is just saying when you have elements like that it makes it a lottery and he would rather take them out the equation and allow both teams to play their best and may the best man win. 

Seriously he does NOT mean the Ravens were the best team.

If he felt the Bills were truly the best team and deserved to win, he wouldn’t have said anything.  Because wind or no, the Bills would’ve won.

13 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I dunno. It clearly impacted both teams. Both kickers missed two makable FGs and qbs for both teams badly overthrew wide open WRs for sure TDs. The wind did impact the game.

The coach was also asked about that specifically and I honestly don't know what he was supposed to say. The wind did impact that game. Not only did both kickers miss kicks that they most likely would have normally made but the ball was hard to throw and I do think some of the Baltimore drops were the result of the ball moving in a weird way they aren't used to. I think the game was a fun odd ball game and the wind was the direct result of that. Playing in Buffalo in January is hard and part of the home field advantage is to know those winds and play better in them. No shame, plenty of places like Green Bay, Chicago, New Jersey (for two teams the Jets and Giants), Baltimore, Pittsburg, New England, Cleveland, Washington, KC, Denver and Philly all play outdoors in cold weather cities. That's 13 teams including Buffalo that play in those conditions or just about 40% of the league. 

2 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

What a stupid take.  The weather took away our biggest advantage (Allen’s arm) and played to their biggest strength (run game) and we still beat them by 2 TD’s. The better team DID move on.  

Spoken like a QB who had most of his success in a dome...

• Haha (+1) 1